Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin closing for month long refurbishment Jan-Feb 2016

Rob562

The CMs we were speaking to didn't have much to offer in way of what was refurbished inside the ride but we saw the Zurg jail photo op and they definitely added bars between the ones that were already there. We could have and should have taken a picture but didn't. If you look at the picture below, which is the way it used to be, they have added bars between the wider spaced bars. Something must have happened but I asked the CM if someone got hurt and he said no. Perhaps it was someone to large to fit, so it became a discriminatory issue. Who knows.
mk_zurg.jpg

Every time I've seen that, I've always viewed it as either a decoration that became a photo-op, or a photo-op that it was never intended for people to climb inside but rather stand in front of.

If they'd meant for it to be a true photo-op to climb into, they would've designed it with more space behind the bars and an opening on either side to walk around to pose rather than squeeze through.

-Rob

Sonconato

Every time I've seen that, I've always viewed it as either a decoration that became a photo-op, or a photo-op that it was never intended for people to climb inside but rather stand in front of.

If they'd meant for it to be a true photo-op to climb into, they would've designed it with more space behind the bars and an opening on either side to walk around to pose rather than squeeze through.

-Rob
You're probably right...there isn't all that much room inside once you get in there!

Sonconato

-Rob
We were there tonight so I thought I would take a shot to show what it looks like now.
Zurg in Jail.jpg

Tay

This ride is fun and bad at the same time. The last time we rode this ,none of us but the 1 year old got any points. We thought it was because we sucked. I feel a lot better knowing my gun was broken. Even though the smile on his face was priceless. I really hope after Shanghai opens up they give us that version.

Last edited:

Sonconato

So you are saying no change?
I'm not sure what you are asking but if you compare the photo that I posted Feb. 14 (page 6) with the one you replied to on Feb. 20th above, you will see that there are twice as many bars now. If you are asking about the entire ride, I have only been able to ride it once since it was back up and what I noticed is that the ride seems to be somewhat cleaner, "maybe" some repaint, the lasers seem to be a little brighter and perhaps more responsive. If you read the first post, the CM mentioned that many of the cars were not turning properly at the end of the ride where they take your photo and that is why we couldn't use our FP's that night. Well...it still wasn't working when we did finally get to ride a week later because my husband was able to spin his car all the way until the very end at the last scene before you disembarked. So I guess you can say, nothing has really changed.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
I'm not sure what you are asking but if you compare the photo that I posted Feb. 14 (page 6) with the one you replied to on Feb. 20th above, you will see that there are twice as many bars now. If you are asking about the entire ride, I have only been able to ride it once since it was back up and what I noticed is that the ride seems to be somewhat cleaner, "maybe" some repaint, the lasers seem to be a little brighter and perhaps more responsive. If you read the first post, the CM mentioned that many of the cars were not turning properly at the end of the ride where they take your photo and that is why we couldn't use our FP's that night. Well...it still wasn't working when we did finally get to ride a week later because my husband was able to spin his car all the way until the very end at the last scene before you disembarked. So I guess you can say, nothing has really changed.
I compared pictures that I had but I didn't see a change. But now I see what you are talking about. Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom