News Swan and Dolphin Tower Expansion - The Walt Disney World Swan Reserve

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
If this is another Tower with more beds, the Epcot area is getting very crowded, especially for its reliance on the FriendShip boats...which do not carry as many Guests nor move as fast as a bus.

Yacht, Beach, Beach Villas, BoardWalk Inn, BW Villas, Swan, Dolphin, new tower. That is a lot of people using the transport, which I feel is already being over used and crazy crowded.

Interesting thoughts tho

Problem Solved. New "Friendship" Boats...

upload_2016-1-20_17-15-51.jpeg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I feel like they could have better put their resources on this project towards a new stand-alone resort and not trying to squeeze extra rooms in here. I forget what the percentage of land that is still undeveloped is property-wide (I know it always surprises me when I hear it), but I would think that long term, a new resort would make more financial sense.
Not if this is the last parcel of land Tishman has to build on.

Possibly expect a yay or nay in the next few months. And if it's approved there is possibility of either an above grade crossing of Epcot Resorts Blvd or a alignment.

surfsupdon

I'd like to get a tram ride over to the Studios. I prefer the walk to the boat, but would prefer the tram to a walk, if timing were right.

ABQ

I love this idea. It would add to the whole NJ Boardwalk theme as well. I know there is a tram turnaround spot at the International Gateway. Is there anything at the Swan/Dolphin end?
I know I'm only helping to derail this thread, but that's a very good question. Hey @marni1971 , you may know, where did the trams board at the Swalphin?

surfsupdon

I know I'm only helping to derail this thread, but that's a very good question. Hey @marni1971 , you may know, where did the trams board at the Swalphin?

I am merely just guessing, but there is a roundabout on the canal facing arm of the Swan building, and another roundabout past the towers, over by the lap pool and playground area. But not sure if they are large enough to turn a tram around in, like the Epcot turnaround was.

Interesting, and great videos!!!!

halltd

Holy wow! I always wondered why the pavement outside International Gateway looked like it was a drop-off point for buses but never recalled them. That tram video is awesome! Thanks for solving a big nagging question of mine!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
For the Yacht Club there was a turnaround and stop where the west most tennis court is today. At Epcot they did indeed turn around next to the Gateway building where there was a canopied stop in the same style as the building.

I've not found the Swalphin stops yet aside from conformation they did exist.

ToTBellHop

For the Yacht Club there was a turnaround and stop where the west most tennis court is today. At Epcot they did indeed turn around next to the Gateway building where there was a canopied stop in the same style as the building.

Didn't they demo that International Gateway stop relatively recently?

PhilharMagician

Last time I looked the wide roadway was still there, but every other remenant was gone. The awning framework stood for quite a while after the service was stopped.

Looking @ Google Earth, it looks like they only removed the canopy. For some reason I thought they had demo'd the entire area.

surfsupdon

I can see that at Yacht. There is a tarred service road that runs between Dolphin and Yacht. If you followed that, you come right to the tennis court, where there very well could have been a turnaround for the tram.

Monorail_Red_77

Didn't they demo that International Gateway stop relatively recently?

The cement turn around at Gateway was still there as of November. It would be nice to bring them back, but I think that due to increased pedestrian traffic they are gone for good. Unless they could segregate the trams from people. Like they do at TTC. Same thing happened with the Omni Busses at EPCOT that used to travel WS loop. I'm sure the tram turnaround will stay there until something better comes along for that location. All-the-wile puzzling those guests curious enough to notice a small concrete race track by the Gateway.

Monorail_Red_77

I can see that at Yacht. There is a tarred service road that runs between Dolphin and Yacht. If you followed that, you come right to the tennis court, where there very well could have been a turnaround for the tram.

I think that it's cool that the actual boardwalk around the lake was there before the Boardwalk Inn was built. You can see the trams driving on it in the earlier tram videos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom