News Swan and Dolphin Tower Expansion - The Walt Disney World Swan Reserve

RSoxNo1

It was in one of the latest disney dish podcasts. It was either on episode 94 or the episode called we had to destroy the studios to save it.
Episode 95 was recorded January 11th (per the show). If you can find it, can you point me to it? I don't recall hearing it.

roj2323

The cement turn around at Gateway was still there as of November. It would be nice to bring them back, but I think that due to increased pedestrian traffic they are gone for good. Unless they could segregate the trams from people. Like they do at TTC. Same thing happened with the Omni Busses at EPCOT that used to travel WS loop. I'm sure the tram turnaround will stay there until something better comes along for that location. All-the-wile puzzling those guests curious enough to notice a small concrete race track by the Gateway.

Or have something like a Pargo (golf cart) with a trailer so they could transport say 20 people at a time. It would have to be pretty customized to make it work however.

dstrawn9889

Or have something like a Pargo (golf cart) with a trailer so they could transport say 20 people at a time. It would have to be pretty customized to make it work however.
got these guys in town, they can make some wild golf carts

5516838_orig.jpg

ryguy

I agree the boats are often times overwhelmed when the resorts are busy. A tram to the Studios would be a big help. Even it was only used during certain times to help move the crowds.

A few days before Christmas we took the boat from Yacht club to the studios and it took almost an hour. Not how I want to spend my vacation time.

jensenrick

Neither the Swan nor Dolphin are Hilton properties, but either way.. I love the fact that they exist. Well-run hotels in a fantastic location that I can stay in for $20/night using their loyalty program. And even if you don't consider the loyalty program, a Disney-owned equivalent of the Swolphin would likely charge much higher prices.

$20 a night? How exactly do you swing that? :jawdrop:

Unplugged

Back on topic, I tend to believe the CM Parking story more than I do the new tower. If you look at the aerial, it makes far more sense and would command higher prices for a new tower to be built on the East half of the Swan parking lot along the water with an optional walking path there, and increase parking with a simple 3 level deck on the west half of the lot. Anything is possible, but a tower where the Gardens is, without removing the gardens makes little sense. But what do I know? The things we've seen happen down there really make you wonder sometimes.

homerdance

I can't go into detail but the scale of the proposal wouldn't be insignificant to the local area. It does speak of cramming it into a small space.

There were separate proposals to realign the Resort Blvd but from what I saw of that it still wouldn't give more room for this tower.
So the tower would be a traditional hotel or a timeshare/villa hotel?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom