News Swan and Dolphin Tower Expansion - The Walt Disney World Swan Reserve

halltd

Unless they're putting the hotel on top of a podium parking garage, eliminating the mini golf, or adding parking somewhere else and having some sort of transport to said lot, that parcel doesn't appear to be large enough for a tower. Granted, I've been wrong before and several people on here appear to have inside information.

Next Big Thing

Yep. Personally I think it's overdevelopment.

Maybe they'll take the golf course after all. Maybe TWDC will put a stop to it.
I really dislike this... it would seem like it'll really loom over the area with that small footprint. I honestly don't mind S&D right now, but this would be pretty bad.

Hope it ends up just flaming out.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I really dislike this... it would seem like it'll really loom over the area with that small footprint. I honestly don't mind S&D right now, but this would be pretty bad.

Hope it ends up just flaming out.
I can't go into detail but the scale of the proposal wouldn't be insignificant to the local area. It does speak of cramming it into a small space.

There were separate proposals to realign the Resort Blvd but from what I saw of that it still wouldn't give more room for this tower.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm from the UK. I'm used to small plots!

But yes. It does seem like it.
Maybe they will have a Japanese firm design it?;)

nada-narrow-house-japan-front.jpg

ryguy

I can't imagine the mini golf going since they are closing down the one course for a refurb. On the other hand adding a third tower and not bulldozing the mini golf doesn't make all that much sense to me. Relocating the mini golf doesn't seem like it would be a huge expense. Somewhere by the Springs would be a ideal location for the mini golf.

Brad Bishop

Seems like they could fill in the water retention pond, which they'd just somewhere else, build a hotel tower and a parking garage and it'd be enough room. It wouldn't be a sprawling resort like the Swan or Dolphin, but it would fit.

jhastings74

I feel like they could have better put their resources on this project towards a new stand-alone resort and not trying to squeeze extra rooms in here. I forget what the percentage of land that is still undeveloped is property-wide (I know it always surprises me when I hear it), but I would think that long term, a new resort would make more financial sense.

Brad Bishop

I can see the appeal of it, though: A "deluxe" hotel gets built in the Epcot resort complex with water taxi access to Epcot and DHS. On the other hand, yeah, it seems like if it is a hotel that they have a lot of other choices for places to build it.

Maybe it's a contract thing, as has been mentioned before, in that the deal that was made for S&D allows them one more hotel but only in a specific spot or they'd prefer this spot to keep them together. - Just a wild guess.

surfsupdon

If this is another Tower with more beds, the Epcot area is getting very crowded, especially for its reliance on the FriendShip boats...which do not carry as many Guests nor move as fast as a bus.

Yacht, Beach, Beach Villas, BoardWalk Inn, BW Villas, Swan, Dolphin, new tower. That is a lot of people using the transport, which I feel is already being over used and crazy crowded.

Interesting thoughts tho

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom