More closures confirmed for Disney's Hollywood Studios

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...park-moves-ahead-with-redevelopment-plans.htm

Scheduled to close with the Stunt Show on April 2 2016 are:

• Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure playground
  • Monsters Inc. character meet and greet
  • Writer's Stop
  • Watto's Grotto
  • Studio Catering Co.
The 130ft Earful Tower, which served as the parks original icon, will also be removed as part of the work on the back of the park.

YodaMan

Wasn't even thinking about Writer's Stop originally, but that makes sense. And I take it Youse Guys and the store by Monsters are closing as well even though they aren't listed?

Jon81uk

At first it looked strange that Writers Stop is closing if Muppets is open. But upon checking the park map, it just means that Streets of America is closed but the small path to the Muppet courtyard remains.

doctornick

At first it looked strange that Writers Stop is closing if Muppets is open. But upon checking the park map, it just means that Streets of America is closed but the small path to the Muppet courtyard remains.

I'm actually surprised they would close Writer's Stop. It seems that Sci-Fi will remain open and Writer's Stop is right next to it. It's just a matter of where you put the wall to close off access to the SoA.

Maybe they figure it's not worth keeping open since people won't go around the corner from Sci-Fi if there's nothing beyond it. I kinda hope Writer's Stop can be preserved when whatever is built opens.

Biff215

I have to assume this will be redone as a Bugs Life park... its just too easy.
That's if it survives. Keep in mind Pixar Place will likely cease to exist once Toy Story Land is done. The playground could have been converted easily since that movie came out and never did.

Saddest part is that these areas appear to be earmarked for a potential third phase which may never happen, but are probably needed for access/staging for the others given how DHS is squeezed in there.

With no mention of Indy yet, is there any possibility that SW is being built on the other side of Star Tours extending into the back of the park?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom