DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

*Q*

Honestly, the only movies I think that need to be replaced desperately are the Tarzan and Casablanca ones. On full capacity days, the tram has to move through those scenes at a snail's pace waiting for the other trams, and they're probably the most annoying. I don't like hearing Tarzan's screams every 15 seconds.

On the contrary, I derive endless entertainment from watching that terribly fake and freakishly shiny Tarzan mannequin swing by every few seconds.

DisneyGentleman

On the contrary, I derive endless entertainment from watching that terribly fake and freakishly shiny Tarzan mannequin swing by every few seconds.
"Swing by" would be an improvement - it's definitely a shiny mannequin roll-by.

Sort of like a large Ken doll in a loincloth and wig, holding a stick hanging from a roller blade.

Last edited:
Funny you mention Tarzan, earlier in August while riding, Tarzan completely fell off the track causing everyone to evacuate. One of my sources had mentioned that due to the fact that Tarzan falls often but also the fact that a while back a guest punched the head of the Alien that pops up from the top, imagineers were considering other alternatives to either fix those sections and/or changing it all together. However I personally think GMR should stay since walking into the park to a beautiful landscape is something wonderful. I like to think of Hollywood back in the 50s and earlier years since now as well all can hopefully agree on is not as amazing as it used to be. Going back to general DHS changes, I did hear from another source that they were looking into removing Indiana Jones for the actual Indiana Jones ride, however they said that was only in the talking stages. I apologize if that was brought up already here.

culturenthrills

So, some questions about the orange areas:

1. Any idea what is going to happen to HISTK area? Will it be repurposed (to Bugs Life?) or replaced? I keep thinking that if they go with a Bug's Life theme, they might try to add in some of the rides from DCA. But the flip side is that Big's Life hasn't really maintained some significant popularity like some other Pixar films.

2. Is the Fantasmic! theater changes just going to be the updates to the show (which I'm very happy to hear about) or is the rumored daytime show actually going to happen?

3. What is the plans for the VOTLM theater? Is still on course for a new show in the near future?
If they did a daytime show they would have to build a cover for it. It would be crazy hot most of the year

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

If they did a daytime show they would have to build a cover for it. It would be crazy most of the year
There is no cover for most of the LMA seating. Or MK daytime parade. Or MK Castle shows. Or most World Showcase entertainment. Tons of entertainment at WDW where guests sit in the blazing sun or pouring rain (or for 3 days of the year, pleasant 70-degree sunlight like they show in the vacation planning DVDs!).

TeriofTerror

Honestly, the only movies I think that need to be replaced desperately are the Tarzan and Casablanca ones. On full capacity days, the tram has to move through those scenes at a snail's pace waiting for the other trams, and they're probably the most annoying. I don't like hearing Tarzan's screams every 15 seconds.
Casablanca is listed as one of the greatest movies of all time on nearly every major list. Removing it would be sick and wrong.

Mawg

Getting somewhat back on track, I've put together how I understand things as it stands at the moment. I thought it may be easier to illustrate.

This is everything I'm aware as having been looked at. I can't vouch for anything still moving forward or not. I've also been deliberately vague with the exact extent of particular areas. Nor can I really go into greater detail about some of it.

View attachment 113217

Green - phase one
Red - phase two
Yellow - phase three
Blue - phase four
Orange - changes / enhancements
Purple - infrastructure

Was there any thought to moving Star Wars to the other side of World Drive with some kind of "light speed" transportation and then not having to build parking garages and make the other infrastructure changes? On the one hand you have to spend money on some kind of transportation device to cross world drive. On the other you save money on parking garages. I guess once you add in the logistics of halving 20% of your park on the other side of the road it doesn't make much sense. I probably just answered my question, ok then, thanks.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Was there any thought to moving Star Wars to the other side of World Drive with some kind of "light speed" transportation and then not having to build parking garages and make the other infrastructure changes? On the one hand you have to spend money on some kind of transportation device to cross world drive. On the other you save money on parking garages. I guess once you add in the logistics of halving 20% of your park on the other side of the road it doesn't make much sense. I probably just answered my question, ok then, thanks.

I can say that one of the ideas for Disneyland early on was a transportation ride from Tomorrowland to Star Wars (replacing ToonTown). Building something similar could have happened, but why? The park needs development within it's footprint and there's only so much money to go around.

*1023*

aladdin2007

for those who are local, something is coming on local fox-orlando news at 10 about Disney wanting to use wetlands for expansion at the studios yet reclaiming wetlands elsewhere in its place? I didnt get it, but will try to watch to find out, sounded like issues of some kind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom