Big changes coming to Annual Passes

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
That's only a good price if you go 3 or more times a year for a week each. Who wants to spend that much time in Disney without getting burnt out is anybody's guess.
Not everybody gets "burnt out". I did 6 week-or-longer trips in 2014 and loved every minute of it.

I'm not thrilled about the changes, but it isn't the end of the world for me. Coming from Canada, the biggest cost is airfare, park tickets are a minor factor.

TP2000

The greed is beyond disgusting at this point.

These WDW prices seem cheap compared to the big price jumps the Disneyland AP prices took this morning.

Maybe this info will help take the sting out of the WDW price increases?...

New Anaheim prices and nomenclature this morning: $1049 for the Disneyland equivalent of a $849 WDW Platinum Plus (now called Signature Plus at DLR), except that $1049 is for two theme parks instead of four and no water parks. $849 for the Disneyland equivalent of a $549 WDW Gold Pass (now called Signature at DLR). $599 plus $199 to include parking ($798 total with parking) for the Disneyland equivalent of a $389 WDW Silver Pass that already includes parking. Etc., etc.

The difference in price points is alarming between the coasts. WDW Annual Passes are an absolute steal compared to the new pricing structure and $199 parking upcharge for Disneyland Annual Passes. That said, I'm even more confident I made the right decision by not buying a Premiere pass last year.

Last edited:

bhg469

Not everybody gets "burnt out". I did 6 week-or-longer trips in 2014 and loved every minute of it.

I'm not thrilled about the changes, but it isn't the end of the world for me. Coming from Canada, the biggest cost is airfare, park tickets are a minor factor.
I had 1 day in the past 3 years. It was plenty to check out new changes and be disgusted as 2 parks fall into disrepair. I said earlier, I may be a Florida resident in a few months.. I can easily see getting something like gold but silver seems likely at this point. If I wasn't a resident... I don't think I would ever give them more than a weekend until star wars is built.

Miss Heinous

Florida Resident Passes prices:

Old prices:

Weekday Select = $ 239.63
Seasonal Pass = $ 350.39
Annual Pass = $ 563.39
Premium = $ 691.19

New prices:

Weekday Select = $ 275.84 (up $ 36.21 / 15%)
Silver = $ 414.29 (up $ 63.90 / 18% from Seasonal)
Gold = $ 584.69 (up $ 21.30 / 4% from Annual, but with blockout)
Platinum = $ 691.19 (up $ 127.80 / 23% from Annual, no blockout)
Platinum Plus = $ 776.39 (up $ 85.20 / 12% from Premium)

Silver blockout: 17 Dec - 1 Jan, 19 Mar - 1 Apr & 6 Jun - 11 Aug
Gold blockout: 17 Dec - 1 Jan & 19 Mar - 1 Apr
a3c.png

Cosmic Commando

These WDW prices seem cheap compared to the big price jumps the Disneyland AP prices took this morning.

New Anaheim prices and nomenclature for those waking up west of the Rockies this morning: $1049 for the Disneyland equivalent of a $849 WDW Platinum Plus (now called Signature Plus at DLR), except that $1049 is for two theme parks instead of four and no water parks. $849 for the Disneyland equivalent of a $549 WDW Gold Pass (now called Signature at DLR). $599 plus $199 to include parking ($798 total with parking) for the Disneyland equivalent of a $389 WDW Silver Pass that already includes parking. Etc., etc.

The difference in price points is alarming between the coasts. WDW Annual Passes are an absolute steal compared to the new pricing structure and $199 parking upcharge for Disneyland Annual Passes. That said, I'm even more confident I made the right decision by not buying a Premiere pass last year.
I know it's basically the "Disney is a business" line, but I can't get too upset about the ticket price increases. The sad fact is that most people will still think the parks are worth it... I can't get mad at Disney for charging the prices that people are willing to pay. It's not cancer medication; it's a luxury item. Just because Disney has done such a good job of convincing everyone that you have to take your kids to Disney doesn't make it any more of a necessity. I think the more predatory price increases are the smaller things: the parking, the cost of a burg... uh... rice bowl, etc. I think those are the costs that people are more likely to overlook and have sneak up on them. When they announced the ferry fireworks cruise and it was like $100, I thought, " Oh well... I'm sure someone will pay it."

rucifee

I'm done, Iger and co can kiss my rear if they think I am going to pay them even more for that scrap yard they call WDW. All the other parks in CFL now far surpass WDW in terms of quality and value. Thanks but no thanks for this crap Bob, your competition can have my money instead.

Last edited:

JohnD

I can see the biggest complaint is those with the old regular AP with no blockouts and no photo pass have to pay $128 more to get the comparable pass (Platinum) with no blockouts and photo pass. They need a tier costing less than platinum with no blockouts and no photo pass. Don't know if it would be between silver and gold or gold and platinum. I suspect having no blockouts is more desired than having PP.

draybook

I have a feeling all the new strucutues is for new passes purchased today on.

If they don't carry these benefits over for those of us who have active APs, then I would expect their Guest Relations to get hit hard........very hard. If that were the case, I wouldn't renew next year. But I'm pretty sure they'll carry over.

bhg469

New Anaheim prices and nomenclature for those waking up west of the Rockies this morning: $1049 for the Disneyland equivalent of a $849 WDW Platinum Plus (now called Signature Plus at DLR), except that $1049 is for two theme parks instead of four and no water parks. $849 for the Disneyland equivalent of a $549 WDW Gold Pass (now called Signature at DLR). $599 plus $199 to include parking ($798 total with parking) for the Disneyland equivalent of a $389 WDW Silver Pass that already includes parking. Etc., etc.

If you want a small pox free park, you're going to have to pay for it.

bhg469

I can see the biggest complaint is those with the old regular AP with no blockouts and no photo pass have to pay $128 more to get the comparable pass (Platinum) with no blockouts and photo pass. They need a tier costing less than platinum with no blockouts and no photo pass. Don't know if it would be between silver and gold or gold and platinum. I suspect having no blockouts is more desired than having PP.
That month and a half in the summer is the real tipping point. I don't think it's worth the extra money to be there.

Maerj

Boycott the passes... a lack of money is the only thing that will get their attention. If they aren't selling these passes anymore, they'll realize that they priced themselves out of range for the average person.

Mouse Trap

I see why some people are angry, but I'm sure a majority of annual pass holders won't even bat an eye and merrily go on purchasing/renewing.

Honestly if I wasn't a member of this forum I would've walked up to the ticket booth in 4 months to renew, and as I hand my credit card to the cast member think "did I pay this much last year?" (As I do every year) but by then I'm signing papers and too far along in the process to continue to care.

JohnD

That month and a half in the summer is the real tipping point. I don't think it's worth the extra money to be there.

I get it. I'm a current FR seasonal pass holder who lives four hours away. Becoming a Silver for me is the same thing. I continue with blockout dates and no PP.

The biggest rip is to current regular AP holders. If they think they automatically become "Gold", they're in for a big surprise ("Wow! I get PP and some blockout dates!" Yeah, right.) I think their current benefits remain the same until the AP expires but then they have a decision to make.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom