Big changes coming to Annual Passes

MerlinTheGoat

WDW's main site has updated to this information apparently. And yes the only AP's available to non-FL residents are the Platinum passes. Unless you have a Vacation Club membership (LMAO), you can then get a Gold one.

$800? It certainly does not.
Agreed, I think it punishes non-locals. Its benefit to locals are debatable given that it no longer has a fee to park, provided you visit frequently (though there's still a substantial price hike). But anyone else, this seems to burn them pretty badly. Especially for non-AP's where the parking fee just shot through the roof...

Even with the free parking though, many locals are likely familiar enough with the surrounding areas to know how to avoid the fee anyways. The ethics behind doing being up for debate, though some would say it's becoming much easier to justify this sort of behavior when Disney are themselves are pulling stunts like this, kind of like Spirit stealing soda lol!

I don't really understand why Steve said that some people would be happy about this change, unless he was referring specifically to locals who have season passes (which again is also debatable). It seems to actually harm most customers. It could really only benefit a minority of guests (if any), and even that is a stretch.

The money grabbing, robbing barstools. I know MyMagic minus was a financial disaster compared to the original plan but really?

See ya, WDW. That's my tipping point. A $300 increase in 5 years. You've lost the magic. You're now just a corporate money grabbing machine.
By that statement I hope we aren't going to lose you as a member on these forums Martin. I love your posts here.

Last edited:

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Ok ... seems strange that Steve wouldn't of made that distinction of that on the news story otherwise it will confuse people.
Steve has now made the distinction on the main info regarding the pricing structure. Since Disney just dropped the bomb overnight, it will take some time for the smoke to clear.

I've got to figure out two things:
1. if it is better to "upgrade" (pay the difference) to Platinum for my trip coming in 11 days so I can get Photopass included or if I should just buy it direct. And,
2. would I have to upgrade all family members bands for the trip, in case one is scanned by a Photopass Photographer, or if my pass would cover anyone's band being scanned.
Our Regular AP expires Dec 13 and as of right now I don't see how we can afford the Platinum level (even at the renewal rate), mainly since we don't know when we will be able to go back (due to the kids getting close to High School age where it is not easy to pull them out of school. The old days of elementary school it was easy to pull them out.)

WDW's main site has updated to this information apparently. And yes the only AP's available to non-FL residents are the Platinum passes. Unless you have a Vacation Club membership (LMAO), you can then get a Gold one.

Agreed, I think it punishes non-locals. Its benefit to locals are debatable given that it no longer has a fee to park, provided you visit frequently (though there's still a substantial price hike). But anyone else, this seems to burn them pretty badly. Especially for non-AP's where the parking fee just shot through the roof...

Even with the free parking though, many locals are likely familiar enough with the surrounding areas to know how to avoid the fee anyways. The ethics behind doing being up for debate, though some would say it's becoming much easier to justify this sort of behavior when Disney are themselves are pulling stunts like this, kind of like Spirit stealing soda lol!

I don't really understand why Steve said that some people would be happy about this change, unless he was referring specifically to locals who have season passes (which again is also debatable). It seems to actually harm most customers. It could really only benefit a minority of guests (if any), and even that is a stretch.

By that statement, I hope we aren't going to lose you as a member on these forums Martin.
This will benefit locals (any FL resident imo). I know a family that leaves during summer which makes the Silver ideal. Otherwise, gold is perfect. And for those brave enough for spring break and christmas, you got platinum.
Disney adding photopass is finally starting to look like they are appreciating us. I have hundreds of amazing photos but not worth the price of them each or even memory maker.
As for price increases, well that was going to happen eventually. The photopass will make that up to me (year-long memory marker).

Steve has now made the distinction on the main info regarding the pricing structure. Since Disney just dropped the bomb overnight, it will take some time for the smoke to clear.

I've got to figure out two things:
1. if it is better to "upgrade" (pay the difference) to Platinum for my trip coming in 11 days so I can get Photopass included or if I should just buy it direct. And,
2. would I have to upgrade all family members bands for the trip, in case one is scanned by a Photopass Photographer, or if my pass would cover anyone's band being scanned.
Our Regular AP expires Dec 13 and as of right now I don't see how we can afford the Platinum level (even at the renewal rate), mainly since we don't know when we will be able to go back (due to the kids getting close to High School age where it is not easy to pull them out of school. The old days of elementary school it was easy to pull them out.)
I am going to try to figure this out too. I want to know if it's possible to upgrade to Platinum for the remainer of the pass and just pay the difference but prorated. Also the photopass rules need to be a little clearer. I am a CM but wife is the passholder.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Florida Resident Passes prices:

Old prices:

Weekday Select = $ 239.63
Seasonal Pass = $ 350.39
Annual Pass = $ 563.39
Premium = $ 691.19

New prices:

Weekday Select = $ 275.84 (up $ 36.21 / 15%)
Silver = $ 414.29 (up $ 63.90 / 18% from Seasonal)
Gold = $ 584.69 (up $ 21.30 / 4% from Annual, but with blockout)
Platinum = $ 691.19 (up $ 127.80 / 23% from Annual, no blockout)
Platinum Plus = $ 776.39 (up $ 85.20 / 12% from Premium)

Silver blockout: 17 Dec - 1 Jan, 19 Mar - 1 Apr & 6 Jun - 11 Aug
Gold blockout: 17 Dec - 1 Jan & 19 Mar - 1 Apr

Last edited:

afb28

Do we know the renewal price for the $649 for platinum pluss FL resident pass? Or because it's new pricing you have to pay that one?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom