Cast Members and block out dates ?

maxczw

Hey guys,

I have some issues to find an answer to my question.

Are Cast Members (CPs, in my case) subject to block out dates (In Madgic Kingdom for instance)?

Thanks.

Tim_4

Hey guys,

I have some issues to find an answer to my question.

Are Cast Members (CPs, in my case) subject to block out dates (In Madgic Kingdom for instance)?

Thanks.

Go to The Hub -> Disney Difference -> Discounts and Complimentary Admission -> Complimentary Admission -> Block-Out Dates

Your ID is never blocked out. YOU can always go to the park. The block-out dates apply to your main entrance pass.

Upvote 0

GoalieGirl16

CPs do not generally have passes that allow for free guest admission. That being said they can generally go to the parks at any time. There were occasions that even Cast Member IDs were blacked out but only on the busiest of days like Christmas and New Year's Eve. Keep in mind my experience is more than a decade out of date. Don't know if I helped at all.

Upvote 0

Tim_4

CPs do not generally have passes that allow for free guest admission. That being said they can generally go to the parks at any time. There were occasions that even Cast Member IDs were blacked out but only on the busiest of days like Christmas and New Year's Eve. Keep in mind my experience is more than a decade out of date. Don't know if I helped at all.
I wasn't aware that CP's didn't have main entrance passes. I can answer any questions about the silver pass (salaried leaders and those with a certain number of years with the company) and the blue pass (all others, including part-time and seasonal). I' don't know about the college program specifically. Just assumed it was the same as the blue pass.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

CP's do get Blue Main Entrance passes during their programs and they are subject to blackout dates found on the hub. A cast ID will always get the specific cast member into the park.

Upvote 0

GoalieGirl16

We did not get maingates on my College Programs (yes plural, I did two and then stayed on for a few years) but like I said it was more than a decade ago. We did occasionally get a pair of free tickets but not a standard maingate. Usually you can make friends with a friendly full or part timer with a maingate who would be willing to sign someone in.

Upvote 0

joanna71985

We did not get maingates on my College Programs (yes plural, I did two and then stayed on for a few years) but like I said it was more than a decade ago. We did occasionally get a pair of free tickets but not a standard maingate. Usually you can make friends with a friendly full or part timer with a maingate who would be willing to sign someone in.

Things are now different (it's been changed to where CPs get Maingates too).

As for IDs being blocked out, it only happens on extremely busy days (days you probably would not want to be in the parks anyway).

Upvote 0

GoalieGirl16

Things are now different (it's been changed to where CPs get Maingates too).

As for IDs being blocked out, it only happens on extremely busy days (days you probably would not want to be in the parks anyway).
Good to know that things have changed for the better in that regard! It always chapped my hinder that we didn't get a maingate while in the Program.

Upvote 0

Tim_4

Good to know that things have changed for the better in that regard! It always chapped my hinder that we didn't get a maingate while in the Program.
I was at DHS on the first Friday night of this CP session. It was funny to see all the CP girls dolled up in their sun dresses, out to the parks for the first time. A lot of them were in the single rider line for RnRC because they hadn't made friends yet. Others were chatting awkwardly with their new roommates.

People watching is fun.

Upvote 0

WDW1974

I was at DHS on the first Friday night of this CP session. It was funny to see all the CP girls dolled up in their sun dresses, out to the parks for the first time. A lot of them were in the single rider line for RnRC because they hadn't made friends yet. Others were chatting awkwardly with their new roommates.

People watching is fun.

It IS one of the best things to do at WDW!

Upvote 0

mrmonka

Hello. I know this thread is super old, but googled and found this. I have a Silver Pass/Blockout dates question that I am hoping someone can answer. I see on the Hub there are two different blockout dates listed: Main Entrance Pass (Spouse & Guest) and Employee Self-Admission (Employee Only). I am mainly concerned about the former. I am assuming that bringing in guests will not be allowed during these blockout dates. But can I get myself in, if I only have a Silver Pass. (I am a non-Florida CM). Essentially, do I need to use two comp tickets for myself and a guest to get in, or just 1 for my guest. Any info would be helpful. Thank you!

Upvote 0

samantha788

Hello. I know this thread is super old, but googled and found this. I have a Silver Pass/Blockout dates question that I am hoping someone can answer. I see on the Hub there are two different blockout dates listed: Main Entrance Pass (Spouse & Guest) and Employee Self-Admission (Employee Only). I am mainly concerned about the former. I am assuming that bringing in guests will not be allowed during these blockout dates. But can I get myself in, if I only have a Silver Pass. (I am a non-Florida CM). Essentially, do I need to use two comp tickets for myself and a guest to get in, or just 1 for my guest. Any info would be helpful. Thank you!

I'm with ABC in NYC, but since my passes are associated with Disney-ABC TV in California, I can not use my pass for myself (or guests) on block out days in WDW.
However, on a block out day in Disneyland, I was able to get myself in with my pass and abc id.

Upvote 0

mrmonka

I'm with ABC in NYC, but since my passes are associated with Disney-ABC TV in California, I can not use my pass for myself (or guests) on block out days in WDW.
However, on a block out day in Disneyland, I was able to get myself in with my pass and abc id.

So what's the difference between the two types of blockouts? From everything I read, I was under the assumption that "Self-Admission" means neither I nor guests passes will work. The other, I can get in, but not guests. I talked a few different people and was told a few different things. I'm getting married in WDW in a couple weeks and want to make sure I have enough comp tickets to be able to get in to MK for our honeymoon.

Upvote 0

samantha788

So what's the difference between the two types of blockouts? From everything I read, I was under the assumption that "Self-Admission" means neither I nor guests passes will work. The other, I can get in, but not guests. I talked a few different people and was told a few different things. I'm getting married in WDW in a couple weeks and want to make sure I have enough comp tickets to be able to get in to MK for our honeymoon.

Your assumption is correct in self-admission block out dates you will not be able to get in yourself or guests.
On the back of my main entrance pass in the bottom right, under the photopass id number, there is a "CA" which means Disneyland is my "home" park, and I can not get myself or guests into Disney World during a regular block out day (not including self-admission block out days).
Meaning on any block out day in Disney World, I need comp tickets for myself and my guests.

Just flagging to check the back of your pass and see if it has the same "CA" by chance, for me i learned after the fact that i have the CA because I fall under DATG. I found this out the hard way trying to get into Disney World with a friend on a block out day with one printed comp ticket for my friend, thinking i'd be able to get myself in with my pass since it wasn't a self admission block out day. It didn't turn out to be a big deal since they could print my comp tickets for me from my account, but has since changed our planning, etc knowing I need an extra comp ticket for myself on any block out day.

Hope that helps and congratulations!

Upvote 0

mrmonka

Your assumption is correct in self-admission block out dates you will not be able to get in yourself or guests.
On the back of my main entrance pass in the bottom right, under the photopass id number, there is a "CA" which means Disneyland is my "home" park, and I can not get myself or guests into Disney World during a regular block out day (not including self-admission block out days).
Meaning on any block out day in Disney World, I need comp tickets for myself and my guests.

Just flagging to check the back of your pass and see if it has the same "CA" by chance, for me i learned after the fact that i have the CA because I fall under DATG. I found this out the hard way trying to get into Disney World with a friend on a block out day with one printed comp ticket for my friend, thinking i'd be able to get myself in with my pass since it wasn't a self admission block out day. It didn't turn out to be a big deal since they could print my comp tickets for me from my account, but has since changed our planning, etc knowing I need an extra comp ticket for myself on any block out day.

Hope that helps and congratulations!

Mine also says CA, which is weird since I work in CT. No idea... Thank you for the info though. and thank you for the well wishes!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom