Nineteen Eighty-Four Competition Arena

GMR710

The Land Before Time II: The Great Ending
the_land_before_time_movie_poster_remake_by_pikaturtle-d7w2wwd.jpg

As a child who grew up on all 13 movies which I own and after realizing how terrible they are in comparison to the original I wanted to correct the mistake that was made years ago. Stop milking an IP that could had at least on great sequel. In the case of my movie I have gotten rid of all the sequels and this is the sequel that should have been.

Details:
Director: Don Bluth
Screenplay: Stu Krieger
Buget: 30 Million
Release Date: August 20th 1990

Plot:

During the opening credits we follow a small dinosaur that looks like our favorite "little" longneck. The longneck is going through all the various places in The Great Valley. Flashing on the screen will be the various credits. The movie official starts when the you dinosaur hears her name Teenyfoot and 10 years later appears at the bottom of the screen. Littlefoot is calling his daughter Teenyfoot or Teeny for short. As we see her start running to her father we hear Littlefoot's voice over telling us a great time has past since we have last been to The Great Valley. A lot has happened Littlefoot now has a wife and a Daughter and life seems to be going well. He tells Grandmother and Grandfather have since joined his mother in the land beyond. He reintroduces us back to the old gang all grown up. Cera also has children a two son with her old friend spike. A triceratop spike tail hybrid one named Horns and the other Spike Jr. Ducky now has daughter Goose who is just like her mother. Petrie is still single and is the patrol for The Great Valley keeping a look out for danger. Littlefoot tells us that everything was going well until now.

One night as Teeny is about to go to bed Petrie comes and says that he needs to speak to Littlefoot right away. Teeny goes and eavsdrops on her father and Petrie talk. She hears Petrie say that he noticed that The Great Valley seems to be shrinking and that the area seems to by dying off and that the weather seems to be changing. Littlefoot says he felt something was wrong as the stream was begining to dry up as well. He thinks that it might be time to find a new place. Teeny just as her father would do decides to go get her group of friends together. She tells them what she overheard and that they have to go and do something. But her group has no idea where they could go they have spent there whole live here and no one has ever tried to go to the great beyond.

The next morning Littlefoot goes to visit an elder spike-tail who tells him that he thinks there time hear is almost done. That he has heard from other fliers most of the lush allies are dying. He has heard of one place outside of the great beyond but it is to dangerous and that it is almost certain death. Little foot tells him so is staying here that living in The Great Valley is just prolonging the certain doom. The Spike tail says if they head the opposite way of the great circle and on the fourth set they should reach the Star Tree forest which will lead them to this new valley.

Little foot gathers everyone together to tell them of the this new land and what they must do. But the herds are spilt some wanting to go others wanting to leave well alone. Little foot decides that his family will head out anyone who wants to join them can. That night Teeny and friends have met up and decided that they have to find this place and bring back some evidence so they can all stay together. They head out of the valley not knowing where they are heading to. They head out of the great beyond where they just miss getting caught by two raptors. (These raptors will be in the style of the T-Rex I want them to look vicious and evil no nice one like Chompper he's gone). As they head in to this new desert area like the one of the original film. A shadow of a creature looks as though it is going to attack them. Here it is Little foot he new Teeny was just like him and he says he is going to go with them.

They go on a long journey where Littlefoot gets badly injured in a fight with the Raptors. But they group does find the new place. It is bigger than The great valley Teeny calls it the Greater Valley. They grab some evidence like new trees they have not seen before. They go to head back to get the rest of the group. Little foot however can't make the journey again from the injuries he says it is up to Teeny she has to get him help and to get the others here. So they head back going as quick as they can. They run into the Raptors again and somehow Teeny and her rag tag group is able to defeat the one. They get back to the Great Valley just in time as a thunderstorm has started a fire and the valley is burning. The Elders (Cera, Ducky, Spike and Petrie) see the kids and they are told about this new place. Everyone gets out just in time as The Great Valley is no more. They show them the way and of course get blocked by the final raptor. The herd using there size out numbers him and are able to get to The Greater Valley. They arrive to see Little foot a on the ground appearing to have died of his fight injuries. Teeny goes up to him and a scene very reminiscent to the first film she cries over her fathers body. Just as it feels hopeless. Little foot comes to and tell her how proud of her he is.

We fade to black and we cut to the Valley days later with everyone settled in and getting to know this new place. There is a party held for the kids for being so brave and saving everyone. That night Teeny sleeps next to her father. She falls asleep and we hear name being called by the same one who will voice her mother. We open our eyes to see the skeleton of a long neck in a museum. Here the whole story of Little foot and friends was just a day dream of a young girl and how she thought this dinosaur might have lived.

I would like to keep as much of the original cast as possible.

Sorry guys was at work and it got crazy.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
The Land Before Time II: The Great Ending
the_land_before_time_movie_poster_remake_by_pikaturtle-d7w2wwd.jpg

As a child who grew up on all 13 movies which I own and after realizing how terrible they are in comparison to the original I wanted to correct the mistake that was made years ago. Stop milking an IP that could had at least on great sequel. In the case of my movie I have gotten rid of all the sequels and this is the sequel that should have been.

Details:
Director: Don Bluth
Screenplay: Stu Krieger
Buget: 30 Million
Release Date: August 20th 1990

Plot:

During the opening credits we follow a small dinosaur that looks like our favorite "little" longneck. The longneck is going through all the various places in The Great Valley. Flashing on the screen will be the various credits. The movie official starts when the you dinosaur hears her name Teenyfoot and 10 years later appears at the bottom of the screen. Littlefoot is calling his daughter Teenyfoot or Teeny for short. As we see her start running to her father we hear Littlefoot's voice over telling us a great time has past since we have last been to The Great Valley. A lot has happened Littlefoot now has a wife and a Daughter and life seems to be going well. He tells Grandmother and Grandfather have since joined his mother in the land beyond. He reintroduces us back to the old gang all grown up. Cera also has children a two son with her old friend spike. A triceratop spike tail hybrid one named Horns and the other Spike Jr. Ducky now has daughter Goose who is just like her mother. Petrie is still single and is the patrol for The Great Valley keeping a look out for danger. Littlefoot tells us that everything was going well until now.

One night as Teeny is about to go to bed Petrie comes and says that he needs to speak to Littlefoot right away. Teeny goes and eavsdrops on her father and Petrie talk. She hears Petrie say that he noticed that The Great Valley seems to be shrinking and that the area seems to by dying off and that the weather seems to be changing. Littlefoot says he felt something was wrong as the stream was begining to dry up as well. He thinks that it might be time to find a new place. Teeny just as her father would do decides to go get her group of friends together. She tells them what she overheard and that they have to go and do something. But her group has no idea where they could go they have spent there whole live here and no one has ever tried to go to the great beyond.

The next morning Littlefoot goes to visit an elder spike-tail who tells him that he thinks there time hear is almost done. That he has heard from other fliers most of the lush allies are dying. He has heard of one place outside of the great beyond but it is to dangerous and that it is almost certain death. Little foot tells him so is staying here that living in The Great Valley is just prolonging the certain doom. The Spike tail says if they head the opposite way of the great circle and on the fourth set they should reach the Star Tree forest which will lead them to this new valley.

Little foot gathers everyone together to tell them of the this new land and what they must do. But the herds are spilt some wanting to go others wanting to leave well alone. Little foot decides that his family will head out anyone who wants to join them can. That night Teeny and friends have met up and decided that they have to find this place and bring back some evidence so they can all stay together. They head out of the valley not knowing where they are heading to. They head out of the great beyond where they just miss getting caught by two raptors. (These raptors will be in the style of the T-Rex I want them to look vicious and evil no nice one like Chompper he's gone). As they head in to this new desert area like the one of the original film. A shadow of a creature looks as though it is going to attack them. Here it is Little foot he new Teeny was just like him and he says he is going to go with them.

They go on a long journey where Littlefoot gets badly injured in a fight with the Raptors. But they group does find the new place. It is bigger than The great valley Teeny calls it the Greater Valley. They grab some evidence like new trees they have not seen before. They go to head back to get the rest of the group. Little foot however can't make the journey again from the injuries he says it is up to Teeny she has to get him help and to get the others here. So they head back going as quick as they can. They run into the Raptors again and somehow Teeny and her rag tag group is able to defeat the one. They get back to the Great Valley just in time as a thunderstorm has started a fire and the valley is burning. The Elders (Cera, Ducky, Spike and Petrie) see the kids and they are told about this new place. Everyone gets out just in time as The Great Valley is no more. They show them the way and of course get blocked by the final raptor. The herd using there size out numbers him and are able to get to The Greater Valley. They arrive to see Little foot a on the ground appearing to have died of his fight injuries. Teeny goes up to him and a scene very reminiscent to the first film she cries over her fathers body. Just as it feels hopeless. Little foot comes to and tell her how proud of her he is.

We fade to black and we cut to the Valley days later with everyone settled in and getting to know this new place. There is a party held for the kids for being so brave and saving everyone. That night Teeny sleeps next to her father. She falls asleep and we hear name being called by the same one who will voice her mother. We open our eyes to see the skeleton of a long neck in a museum. Here the whole story of Little foot and friends was just a day dream of a young girl and how she thought this dinosaur might have lived.

I would like to keep as much of the original cast as possible.

Sorry guys was at work and it got crazy.

Really sorry we couldn't wait on you GMR. You're not eligible for Veto, but Jokers and I can definitely give some feedback on this. Looks like a strong effort!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
I really liked your proposal @GMR710. Loved how you went in a Pixar style route with aging the main characters. I'm not too sure having both the original gang and all their kids as main characters would play well, but I like the concept. Love the idea of Petrie being the bachelor of the group, but not too crazy about the idea of Spike and Cera hooking up and having kids. You definitely did a good job with having the stakes be high in this film just like the original, and had some really nice dark moments. I like how there's an idea going on throughout the film about dinosaurs essentially prolonging the inevitable reality of their extinction. Definitely drew upon the spiritual themes of the original and expanded on them. It really sucks that you turned this in after we announced the PoV winner because this clearly would have been a contender.

And with that in mind, let's get to the votes. By a vote of two to one, @GMR710...I'm VERY sorry, but you have been evicted from the Nineteen Eighty-Four house and have become the second member of the jury. GMR I must say that you were a very talented contestant throughout this game and I'm really sad to see the elimination go down this way. I hope you take your skills and apply them to other contests on this board because you're easily one of the strongest new faces I've seen so far this year. Don't let this be the end of your competitive Imagineering adventure!

Head of Household competition will be posted very soon...

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Week Six Head of Household Competition
"...Meets Technical Know-How"

bob-gurr-feat.jpg

A young Bob Gurr applying his love of automobiles to Imagineering.

For this challenge, Houseguests will be tasked with pitching a new piece of technology to be used in a variety of different Disney Parks attractions. The legacy of theme park technology in Disney is vast, with tons of innovation ranging from the first motion simulator in Star Tours to taking the mechanics of a motion simulator and applying them to a ride through with the Enhanced Motion Vehicles used in Dinosaur and Indiana Jones Adventure. In recent years though, Universal seems to have gotten an edge with their incredibly popular, and patented Kuka Arm system as well as their 3D projection tech applied in attractions such as Spider-Man and Transformers.

It's time to bring Disney back to the top of the tech game. Your goal is to design an entirely new ride system for Disney. One that can be applied to various different attractions. You must lay out the basics of your ride system as well as at least three examples of future attractions that will use it. Spend more detail on the specifics of the technology rather than the specifics of the different attractions. Good luck houseguests, this project is due Tuesday, August 25th at 11:30 PM Eastern (a little later than usual since that's when I get out of class.) Any questions feel free to ask.

The house is dwindling. Only @Basketbuddy101, @DisneyManOne, @Flippin'Flounder, and @mickeyfan5534 will be competing this round. As outgoing Head of Household @IDInstitute is not eligible to compete.

RMichael21

Hey guys @TheOriginalTiki and @JokersWild thanks so much for putting me in the game it was a great time. Would love to stay but I'm very happy with the game I played. Good luck to the rest of the competitors. Also I would love to compete in more competitions anyone know any looking for players let me know.
I'd love to have you as a competitor in The Sole Imagineer Season Two. It'll be starting up in January. Hope to see you there! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom