Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

DisneyRoy

I've spent a few days working on this in No Limits 2:

After playing with it so much I feel that the Slinky Dog coaster has the potential to be better than 7DMT.

Very nice! I would be very happy with this if it's what it winds up being. Just big enough for those kids that want a small thrill but too big that the height requirement doesn't allow them to.

Disneyhead'71

Very nice! I would be very happy with this if it's what it winds up being. Just big enough for those kids that want a small thrill but too big that the height requirement doesn't allow them to.
The one thing this will have that no other coaster at Disney does is "air time". The triple down will be a good 1st "air time" experience for the little ones.

DisneyRoy

The one thing this will have that no other coaster at Disney does is "air time". The triple down will be a good 1st "air time" experience for the little ones.

I agree! I almost felt the air time watching the vid! I can't wait to take my daughter on this one! She loves BTMRR and 7DMT but not quite ready for Space and RnR so this one will be the next logical step.

doctornick

View attachment 107034
What do you guys think that building I am pointing at with the Red Arrow is? I see what looks like the packaging of a Buzz Lightyear action figure in that space ship looking thing on top. Not sure if that is a restaurant or something else.

I think the specific building you are pointing to is the queue for the ride, but the building next to it with the Buzz Lightyear spaceship will be a M&G for Buzz (see the building behind that). There are next to each other, but it looks like two different paths going in.

chiefs11

I think the specific building you are pointing to is the queue for the ride, but the building next to it with the Buzz Lightyear spaceship will be a M&G for Buzz (see the building behind that). There are next to each other, but it looks like two different paths going in.
Will it be weird to meet a human sized Buzz inside right after walking past a 10 foot tall one outside?

ght

Yeah, I am pretty sure it is the queue. If you were to flip Mater's that is where the location of the queue would be. The other building may be a M&G or possibly a Buzz-themed store. I would assume that a land themed to Toy Story will have ample opportunities for kids to beg/pester their parents into buying them stuff.

Disneyhead'71

I agree! I almost felt the air time watching the vid! I can't wait to take my daughter on this one! She loves BTMRR and 7DMT but not quite ready for Space and RnR so this one will be the next logical step.
I introduced my 5 year old (in 2001) to coasters at DLR. Gadgets>BTMRR>Space>Screamin'> Ghostrider.

Baby steps!

ToTBellHop

Will it be weird to meet a human sized Buzz inside right after walking past a 10 foot tall one outside?
He comes in different sizes.
image.jpg

Brian Swan

If it's a priority, it could be done that quickly. But is it a priority? I would think Spring 2017 is perfectly reasonable. You know, June (this is Disney).
I think you have to take marketing into account. With Pandora as "the big elephant in the room", I really can't imagine Disney wanting to open up a "lesser" land within 6 months, either side, of Pandora. Either they really push and get it open in early 2017, or they wait until well after Pandora opens and use it as a marketing tool for the period between Pandora and SW. I HOPE it's the former (and I believe that it could be done if they really wanted to do it), but FEAR the latter. I have no marketing experience so I don't know which way it will go, but I'm sure the bean counters will determine which is likely to be more profitable.

Brian Swan

View attachment 107034
What do you guys think that building I am pointing at with the Red Arrow is? I see what looks like the packaging of a Buzz Lightyear action figure in that space ship looking thing on top. Not sure if that is a restaurant or something else.
With the way it's connected to the alien ride, I'm assuming it will house the queue and obligatory souvenir shop at the exit...

Disneyhead'71

Everybody knows this needs to be open yesterday. Including Disney. This is going to take until 2018, and they are NOT slowing this down like typical spreading of the Cap.Ex. There is just a whole lot that needs to be done before they can even begin to demo the existing buildings.

I bust on Disney more than most, and I questioned why they didn't start the stuff before now (like, a year ago). There are 2 reasons.

1. They wanted the park to look in a desperate condition when touring the board with their hand out for $3 Billion.

2. They didn't know if they would actually get the money.

Without the cash infusion, there is no need to relocate the existing facilities. They got the money (as of the beginning of Oct. 2015).

So, here we go!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom