Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

note2001

Disney assumes Slinky is more gender-neutral which is crucial from a DHS marketing perspective. Hot Wheels makes more sense...especially considering the theme.
There are plenty of women who grew up playing with their brother's hot wheels and matchbox cars (when allowed ;)). I think they chose Slinky to bring a character "to life" and the visual impact it will make. I'm just glad they didn't incorporate a barbie dream house.

DisDan

There are plenty of women who grew up playing with their brother's hot wheels and matchbox cars (when allowed ;)). I think they chose Slinky to bring a character "to life" and the visual impact it will make. I'm just glad they didn't incorporate a barbie dream house.

My DD would have loved that. :)

Disneyhead'71

I've spent a few days working on this in No Limits 2:

After playing with it so much I feel that the Slinky Dog coaster has the potential to be better than 7DMT.

At the top of the lift hill there is some track that causes the car to rock back and forth. Other than that, it looks great.

Shaman

Oh I agree. I'm just speculating why they might have decided to go with Slinky Dog as opposed to the toy car play set theme. I personally find the concept to be silly. The dog has no wheels. Still, if they include other simple carnival rides themed to other toys as many have speculated, I guess it could work.

chiefs11

Everyone is writing off the boat ride as a "D-ticket" without even knowing what it will be. POC is a boat ride - does that automatically make it a "D-ticket"...?
Disney has explicitly called it a D.
The leaked plans explicitly called it "C Ticket Boatride". The consensus is that it got plussed up to a D, though I'm not sure Disney has ever said anything to that effect. To expect something E-ticket worthy like Pirates is probably wishful thinking, but we can hope, I suppose.

Rider

At the top of the lift hill there is some track that causes the car to rock back and forth. Other than that, it looks great.

Yeah I used the art to build this and didn't realize there was a video clip that showed that until after I made my video. I'll update the ride on Steam but I don't think I'll change the vid. It's a small thing anyway.

Also I think the launch part of the ride will be Hot Wheel or slot car themed. Like those track kits you can buy with the boosters.

DinoInstitute

Oh I agree. I'm just speculating why they might have decided to go with Slinky Dog as opposed to the toy car play set theme. I personally find the concept to be silly. The dog has no wheels. Still, if they include other simple carnival rides themed to other toys as many have speculated, I guess it could work.
Probably to tie it in with the characters. It would feel odd to have hot wheels or cars like that when they are really not in the movies.

doctornick

Disney assumes Slinky is more gender-neutral which is crucial from a DHS marketing perspective. Hot Wheels makes more sense...especially considering the theme.

Well, I think that Slinky connects it to the movies better since he is a known character. You could argue for the vehicle being, say, RC Racer though he's not as prominent as Slinky.

Also, if the ride vehicle actually "slinks" in some fashion, that would make it more interesting and be a good rationale for using Slinky Dog. I don't expect that though.

ght

Disney would just give us the G.I.Joe and Barbie Ultra Lounge Dance Party.
When Combat Carl gets stuck in a jam, he says to himself "Combat Carl, shut up and dance"
0.jpg

DisDan

new_bldg_tsl.jpg

What do you guys think that building I am pointing at with the Red Arrow is? I see what looks like the packaging of a Buzz Lightyear action figure in that space ship looking thing on top. Not sure if that is a restaurant or something else.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
View attachment 107034
What do you guys think that building I am pointing at with the Red Arrow is? I see what looks like the packaging of a Buzz Lightyear action figure in that space ship looking thing on top. Not sure if that is a restaurant or something else.

It's definitely the entrance to the ride, the question is, is there anything else in that building. It could just be a long queue, or waiting area like they did with Dumbo, or their might be a M&G in there.

ctrlaltdel

View attachment 107034
Not sure if that building the side of it (I guess it would be to the south) would be backstage. It looks like it could be some sort of restaurant (if you look really closely it looks like there may be a reception desk?) or a gift shop, or who knows, maybe they are moving astro blasters after all?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom