Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Captain Neo

That Millennium Falcon attraction...I wonder if its just a small interactive thing or a full blown ride because if its a full blown ride it sounds awfully similar to Star Tours and I would hate to see them remove Star Tours as its such a classic ride (even though I'm not too thrilled by its current iteration).

The Second attraction, just judging by that 1 piece of concept art looks very similar to what miceage described as using a trackless ride system akin to Ratatouille and will be a ground level adventure similar to Indiana Jones. Hopefully it will have actual sets and audio animatronics and not CG 3D projections.

Captain Neo

Love all the people saying "Only Two rides". I forget, how many 'new' rides did Hogsmeade have? How about Diagon Alley? Due to that confundus charm, my memory is a bit fuzzy, but I think there was 1 new ride in each land with a new ride connecting the lands, so 3 total?

Harry Potter opened with only 1 new ride and Universal called it a "Park within a park"

Compared to that, Disney is being modest

Cesar R M

View attachment 106024
swanson-dance.gif

If they can pull the rockworth with that much detail, I will be sold forever.

Cesar R M

I just heard a thermal detonator go off in Diagon Alley ;)
if they go cheap, they might not even get a bomb.

Can we finally say... Potter Swatter?

Will it finally be the expansion we are looking for? I hope they do a great job, the more amazing attractions in Orlando the better!

you know disney fans were jealous of Potter when they put so many comments claiming the demise of Universal when they(disney) finally gets a real substantial well themed expansion. :hilarious:

Cesar R M

Harry Potter opened with only 1 new ride and Universal called it a "Park within a park"

Compared to that, Disney is being modest
I think the problem here is.. there is a huge difference in " one ride" or " two rides" and something that sounds like " two attractions".

the potter areas are full of little details and they themselves are an attraction (including active stores, restaurants..etc.)
the WDW expansions will probably have more " attractions" than just " two rides" .

Cesar R M

I think you'll find a few "key" CM's who are "creatures" with more complex outfits (say, a greeter at a restaurant, think Dex from Dex's diner), and that there will be other CM's in more complex make-up (Twi'lek, Rodian perhaps, etc.). Basically, I think they are saying that there will be aliens among us. :)
I hope we manage to see our dear Admiral Ackbar.

I am a bit disappointed in 'yet more rocks'.

Tomorrowland redo? Rocks
Mermaid ride? Rocks
BatB restaurant? Rocks
Snow kiddie coaster? Rocks
Tangled bathroom? Rocks
Star Wars? Rocks

Rocks rocks rocks....

It also makes the parks blur into each other, losing their clear separate identities. Their unique, sophisticated looks reworked into 'some IP ride hidden behind rocks'.
did you know that the Earth is also made of rocks?

Ragetti

In regards to the falcon ride and it being a personal simulator.
It is possible the ride queue is designed to Look like you are entering the falcon and then groups are taken to various cockpits.
The pilot control cockpit.
The gunnery cockpit
There will be multiple cockpits for the large crowds.
This could give an amazing personal experience like you are actually part of a team flying the falcon or its own gunner like Luke in ANH.

Just a thought....but how cool would that be?

Maybe something Mission:Space like where each station has a "job" to do... Could be very cool

Cesar R M

Love all the people saying "Only Two rides". I forget, how many 'new' rides did Hogsmeade have? How about Diagon Alley? Due to that confundus charm, my memory is a bit fuzzy, but I think there was 1 new ride in each land with a new ride connecting the lands, so 3 total?
Probably less confusing if you take that Universal seems to add something almost every year. While Disney seems to drag for years.
so I suppose announcement + wait = 2 rides.. for what? 7 years?

Mike S

That Millennium Falcon attraction...I wonder if its just a small interactive thing or a full blown ride because if its a full blown ride it sounds awfully similar to Star Tours and I would hate to see them remove Star Tours as its such a classic ride (even though I'm not too thrilled by its current iteration).

The Second attraction, just judging by that 1 piece of concept art looks very similar to what miceage described as using a trackless ride system akin to Ratatouille and will be a ground level adventure similar to Indiana Jones. Hopefully it will have actual sets and audio animatronics and not CG 3D projections.
My thoughts exactly. If that's what the second ride turns out to be, oh man......

Ignohippo

It was a Jim Hill rumor.

I have a full write up of the days event with additional concept art here:
http://www.wdwthemeparks.com/news/2...ars-land-toy-story-land-soarin-over-the-world

The Echo Lake thing (with the x-wing) was nonsense. It was never based in any kind of reality whatsoever.
I am a bit disappointed in 'yet more rocks'.

Tomorrowland redo? Rocks
Mermaid ride? Rocks
BatB restaurant? Rocks
Snow kiddie coaster? Rocks
Tangled bathroom? Rocks
Star Wars? Rocks

Rocks rocks rocks....

It also makes the parks blur into each other, losing their clear separate identities. Their unique, sophisticated looks reworked into 'some IP ride hidden behind rocks'.

Does anyone else feel like this looks a little too Avatar-ish?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom