D23 Expo 2015

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
100% yes, it was started by the success of BlizzCon. D23 follows the exact same layout as BlizzCon and started 4 years later, in same building. Saying that BlizzCon isn't D23's inspiration is just not accurate.

While I'm talking about the subject, Disney not offering a $40 stream of the events in this day and age is not only a huge missed revenue opportunity, it is plain stupid. When they control the streams, they can control the message. When the message is delivered by many different people with differing agendas, you get their spin on the event, like it or not.

I was more poking fun at your "No. just No" post about the DQ Blizzard comment.

I get what you are saying.

FrankLapidus

Curious about what the Luxo poster is for. I'm assuming an unannounced project. Has anyone heard anything about this?
https://twitter.com/*****/status/632191267091312640

It could possibly be Lee Unkrich's previously announced Dia de los Muertos film. Its been a while since we heard anything about it but I haven't seen or heard anything about it being cancelled altogether so maybe its still making its way down the development line at Pixar.

SirLink

I'm guessing part of Star Wars... I'm hearing that Star Wars plans are finalized, but they may only announce part of it.

They'll hit all the nodes that will make fanbois sweat like Cantina + AA Band + Blue Milk, they should set the scope but this is the same company that made a mountain out of a mole hill as well.

parker4fm

Theme Park Insider is also reporting that this is why Universal is closing Hulk -- so that it can be relocated and reconstructed, piece by piece, at DHS (which will subsequently be renamed Disney's Marvel Studios).

...;)

Ummm...not sure if you have the right site! Theme Park Insider has consistently said that Universal would not release the east coast rights to Marvel. That site has proven to be reliable time and again.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You referring to the imagineer discussing "setting up base" for Pandora, and toward the end of the interview he says something akin to "... get yourself to Animal Kingdom, we'll get you to Pandora." ?

Yes, in a way I can see how some would think of that as child like or role playing. He is representing what the imagineers see as a land unto itself and they want folk to see it that way too. To some outsiders it could come across as silly as it's just a theme park and they don't care about being immersed in the story line. I like the approach.

Yes. Also, it's a big honor to be chosen to represent Disney at these things, even if it is difficult at times with certain types of people interviewing them. Disney has carefully chosen each representative for their style and way in which they know what to say, and what not to.

Translation for the slow.

Disney chooses those best able present the company line for D23

DDLand

Theme Park Insider is also reporting that this is why Universal is closing Hulk -- so that it can be relocated and reconstructed, piece by piece, at DHS (which will subsequently be renamed Disney's Marvel Studios).

...;)
And because this was difficult to solidify, Disney was forced to trade one of its most beloved attractions to get Hulk.

IASW will be dissembled piece by piece and rebuilt over at IOA. Hulk for IASW.

On the bright side, Disney will now have space to begin construction of a Western River Expedition. Coming soon!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
[/SARC]

So much exciting information about Disney, I'm going to wet myself

[/SARCOFF]

Looks like the same old stuff, A cynical cash grab taking advantage of Lifestylers and other Disney fans, As well as selling merch which will be immediately scalped on Ebay.

Like this one (it's already sold and its NOT mine)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-D23-2015-Expo-Fairytale-Designer-Ariel-Compact-/271956929790
You do know the parks presentation is tomorrow right?
Now I'm not saying we'll get news, but if there is some, that's where it will be.

Mawg

You do know the parks presentation is tomorrow right?
Now I'm not saying we'll get news, but if there is some, that's where it will be.
Are there any exhibit halls they have not opened yet and maybe won't until the parks presentation?

gmajew

Premium Member
I think the Marvel slate is out, has been for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped info about the second Star Wars Anthology film, but I didn't expect much on their films out of D23 that wasn't already announced.

What was the movie news? I must have missed it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom