Universal vs. Disney

Lynn Stephens

I'll never understand the nostalgia for Peter Pan. It's a blatantly racist movie with an unlikable lead character.
I agree. Every scene depicting Native Americans is horribly offensive. And Pan is a dirk. People lost their ish in another forum when I stated that Splash Mountain is based off one of Disney's most racist films with Song of the South. The thing people always seem to forget is that it may not be offensive to you, but it might be to someone else, and although you may disagree you must respect how it makes them feel.

Didn't Peter Pan recently get a new revamped queue area? And isn't the Hulk only set to receive minor upgrades? Most notably on the queue and theming of the queue?

People love the Peter Pan ride. Simple as. I would actually argue more people like the ride more then the film! I just don't get why people criticise the classic Disney rides that are insanely popular! Why not attack the Carousel of progress which can't even get a ten minute wait time...........

Minnie Melia

I agree. Every scene depicting Native Americans is horribly offensive. And Pan is a dirk. People lost their ish in another forum when I stated that Splash Mountain is based off one of Disney's most racist films with Song of the South. The thing people always seem to forget is that it may not be offensive to you, but it might be to someone else, and although you may disagree you must respect how it makes them feel.

"The thing people always seem to forget is that it may not be offensive to you, but it might be to someone else, and although you may disagree you must respect how it makes them feel."

Are you speaking for 'people'? What if it doesn't make all people feel bad? I LOVE this film. Am I a racist? I don't see you saying it also makes people feel happy and nostalgic? This film makes me cry I have so much love for it. The thing people like you always seem to forget is that it may be offensive to you, but it might not be to someone else, and although you may disagree you must respect how it makes them feel. So call Pan a 'dirk', but just remember and realise, you might not like it, but others certainly do, and you should respect that. Don't tear down their favourite film with harsh words. Simply say you don't like it. End of.

Lynn Stephens

"The thing people always seem to forget is that it may not be offensive to you, but it might be to someone else, and although you may disagree you must respect how it makes them feel."

Are you speaking for 'people'? What if it doesn't make all people feel bad? I LOVE this film. Am I a racist? I don't see you saying it also makes people feel happy and nostalgic? This film makes me cry I have so much love for it. The thing people like you always seem to forget is that it may be offensive to you, but it might not be to someone else, and although you may disagree you must respect how it makes them feel. So call Pan a 'dirk', but just remember and realise, you might not like it, but others certainly do, and you should respect that. Don't tear down their favourite film with harsh words. Simply say you don't like it. End of.
I think you completely overreacted on my words in which I essentially said, "just because you think it's cool doesn't mean everyone else does." I enjoy the ride, love the new queue, first suspended track "coaster" in the world. To many, the depiction of the Native Americans is offensive. If you are not Native American then you cannot say it is not offensive to Native Americans. If you enjoy the movie, good for you. If you enjoy the attraction at a theme park, good for you. Just be open to the feelings of others who may feel offended.

cba

Didn't Peter Pan recently get a new revamped queue area? And isn't the Hulk only set to receive minor upgrades? Most notably on the queue and theming of the queue?
Rumor has it that the entire Hulk queue will be re-themed to Bruce Banner's lab and will be all based off of the MCU (Mark Ruffalo) version of the Hulk. Once you get to the loading station (remember, this is all rumor), you will notice something different: the restraints are lap bars, not the typical B&M over-the-shoulder restraints. People have bee complaining as of late that the Hulk has gotten considerably rougher, so if this were to happen it would probably become a much smoother ride. Another big change would be the launch system. Currently it uses a tire system that launches the trains upwards at 45 mph. If the rumors are true, the current launch system would be replaced by LIM's, so that would make the launch more reliable and faster. And of course, you can expect a repaint of the whole coaster.

Expect this refurbishment to come in two phases: Phase 1 from Sept/Oct to Christmas. Phase 2 from New Year's to Spring. If the rumors are correct, this will be a major refurbishment that will probably change the whole ride experience, hopefully to the better. Again, these are just rumors. But they do come from reliable sources, so I would bet that at least some of the stuff is correct and will happen.

Tony Perkis

Well isn't the comic book colors for the hulk green and purple? Because i'm pretty sure the rumors are that the new ride colors will be green and black, no more purple.
The current Hulk ride is green and white. Yet it's still based on the comic version.

Bairstow

I'll never understand the nostalgia for Peter Pan. It's a blatantly racist movie with an unlikable lead character.
pp_creepypan.jpg

Jwhee

The current Hulk ride is green and white. Yet it's still based on the comic version.

Current Hulk is green and purple. New hulk will be green and black. Don't know where you got white from.. The launch tube, entrance signs, queue, and various things use the green and purple color scheme. The supports are staying white.

Disneyhead'71

And concerning the trains. I believe that we are getting all new trains. And they will have a different restraint system, but I believe it is the newer more comfortable over the should restraints with the neoprene vest like the ones in the pic below.

rides-ss-we-close.ashx

Also new on board audio with a sub woofer under your butt.

Bairstow

And concerning the trains. I believe that we are getting all new trains. And they will have a different restraint system, but I believe it is the newer more comfortable over the should restraints with the neoprene vest like the ones in the pic below.

rides-ss-we-close.ashx

Also new on board audio with a sub woofer under your butt.

You sure?
I'm not aware of any B&M sitdown coasters that use the vest design from their wingriders or flyers.
Rougarou and Baron 1898, both of which opened this year still use the familiar B&M OTS restraints.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom