WFTV: Brawl between 3 guests at Epcot caught on video

lostpro9het

Oh look, Six Flags has come to Disney.
So much THIS!!
We made our first trip during a summer month, and vowed to never return during the summer afterwards, this past week and could not believe how different the guests were compared to mid September, Christmas week and early May!!! We were just there the first week in May and were amazed how guests were acting compared to just over a month ago. Believe it it or not it was the Brazilians that acted civil and the locals that were vulgar, rude, and just plain trashy. It felt like 4 days stuck at six flags for sure!

natatomic

Maybe I'm just being optimistic, but I'm not concerned about the CM - I don't think he'll lose his job over this. If there was no video released to the public? Then I'd be worried. But how often have we recently seen someone wrongfully lose their job, the public got wind of it, and it came back to bite the company in the butt? Even IF this guy lost his job, I think the all mighty Facebook shares would get the word spread quickly and there'd be a gofundme account set up in no time. He probably get plenty of money raised, and Disney would look like they support fighting amongst guests while CMs are supposed to stand idly by (the public doesn't yet know that that IS standard procedure).

And Disney security IS worthless. They're not even allowed to confront someone who has shoplifted in front of them. They can maybe go talk to them and hint that they possibly saw him/her put something in a bag they didn't yet pay for, but if that person calls security's bluff knowing that aren't actually allowed to detain them or their belongings, they can basically just say, "I don't know what you're talking about," and then walk right out of the park with stolen goods.
At least, this is what a security guard told me one time.

emcclay

Maybe I'm just being optimistic, but I'm not concerned about the CM - I don't think he'll lose his job over this. If there was no video released to the public? Then I'd be worried. But how often have we recently seen someone wrongfully lose their job, the public got wind of it, and it came back to bite the company in the butt? Even IF this guy lost his job, I think the all mighty Facebook shares would get the word spread quickly and there'd be a gofundme account set up in no time. He probably get plenty of money raised, and Disney would look like they support fighting amongst guests while CMs are supposed to stand idly by (the public doesn't yet know that that IS standard procedure).

And Disney security IS worthless. They're not even allowed to confront someone who has shoplifted in front of them. They can maybe go talk to them and hint that they possibly saw him/her put something in a bag they didn't yet pay for, but if that person calls security's bluff knowing that aren't actually allowed to detain them or their belongings, they can basically just say, "I don't know what you're talking about," and then walk right out of the park with stolen goods.
At least, this is what a security guard told me one time.

Well, they can surely walk out. As for getting in the park the next time? Don't be surprised if you see a blue Mickey light up in front of you ;)

bethymouse

Fist fights are one thing, but when you begin to use a "weapon", the situation becomes more dangerous! I would have pressed charges! The CMs should be trained in how to deal with those situations, just as all teachers should as well ( Physical Restraint Training). Calling security, just like calling an ambulance, sometimes takes too long ( hence CPR Training). Suppose someone, a bystander or a kid for that matter, had been seriously injured? Disney needs to work harder to uphold their reputation IMHO.:(

Jimmy Thick

This thread is getting ridiculous.

People are complaining about how a CM didnt use force to dispell the situation, yet as a former Police officer if this took place on the street I would have took down everyone involved and if that was recorded via a phone, it would be front page police brutality.

The CM did what he could and took control of the situation swimmingly.

Jimmy Thick- Marco...

aw14

This thread is getting ridiculous.

People are complaining about how a CM didnt use force to dispell the situation, yet as a former Police officer if this took place on the street I would have took down everyone involved and if that was recorded via a phone, it would be front page police brutality.

The CM did what he could and took control of the situation swimmingly.

Jimmy Thick- Marco...
I agree and let me add this, I am a High School Vice Principal and we also get physical restraint training, but it is something that should not be used unless 100% necessary. I have had a variety of circumstances throughout my 15 year career when it "could have" but I had the err on the side of caution and address it differently.

brb1006

I can't bring myself to watch the video. In the same way that after I looked at the People Of Walmart website once, I can't bring myself to go back and look at it again. Because it all makes me very sad to see what this country is becoming.
I refuse to read the article or watch the video. Since I don't like people fighting at any Disney park.

brb1006

Nope, Chuck E Cheese has come to Disney. The Mouse has a Rat problem (though, officially Chuck E became a mouse in 1998).
I remember seeing one video of a kid causing trouble at one Chuck E Cheese restaurant. The parents weren't there and they had to call security.

aw14

I remember seeing one video of a kid causing trouble at one Chuck E Cheese restaurant. The parents weren't there and they had to call security.
Funny you mention CEC, as my nephew had a party there years ago and an older (probably 10 at the time) kid was messing with the little kids on the slide, my daughter and niece being 2 of the smaller kids. I just stuck my arm across the top and refused to allow him to go down, till the others had an opportunity to do so. I advised him that everyone will now get a turn before he does :)

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
haha, I was just about to post that here.

Atlanta might take the cake on this. I went to Six flags about 5 times in my first year living here and I saw at least legitimate fights at the park. Needless to say, I save my money for real parks like Universal and Disney rather than go see the trash at those parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom