A Spirited Perfect Ten

Goofyernmost

I understand, but couldn't the 50th get its own budget later on that's separate from MK's $300-350 million? I don't want it all to go on a parade, fireworks and one or possibly two ride overhauls.

I'm just one of those people who completely skips parades/fireworks. Give me rides/attractions anyday. But I do agree that 40+ yrs is too long for a single parade. And 10+ years too long for a fireworks show.
I find myself obligated on occasion to point out that the parade is 40 years old and the fireworks show is 10 years old only to us. The completely or dangerously obsessed Disney fan. To anyone seeing them for the first time, they are brand new and it seems, (pardon the expression) universally loved.

I know there is a lot of cyber time given to how Disney doesn't cater at all to the multi-time visitor and it totally escapes me how anyone would think they should. First of all, we are but a small portion of the overall gate ticks. Second, with us, Disney has to spend a few billion a year just to keep us from complaining too much. We are not paying the bills, in spite of our insistence that we are. It wouldn't hurt to have some new stuff, I agree, but there is no urgency to it, since we are a small factor in their decision making process.

We are in a whole new time and space. The need for Disney 50 years ago to cater to the return visitor was essential to continue staying in business. We are no longer the thread that holds it all together. Long range will it matter. Who knows! I understand that they keep making new future visitors every single day and the supply isn't likely to run out soon. So, for our own mental health, it would seem wise to, at least, understand that and accept that the 21st Century has arrived and it is creating itself as it speeds along. The best we can do is hang on for the ride.

MoxHair

I'm just one of those people who completely skips parades/fireworks. Give me rides/attractions anyday.
Right there with you. I've been an annual passholder since 2008 and go to the parks several times a month and the only firework show or parade I've stopped to watch was Illuminations and only one time. Don't enjoy fireworks or parades and use those times to get on rides since most people are oooo'ing and awe'ing.

brb1006

Seems like they were a one hit wonder* with the first Despicable Me. A real shame.

*In terms of coming close to the quality of Disney or Pixar.
I remember loving the Minions in the first film. But later started getting more on my nerves once the sequel came out.

brb1006

Steve Davison has just confirmed me he's trying his best on a new electrical parade at MK.
I hope he get's some inspiration from the Tokyo version, and I hope it won't end up like Fantillusion. Which was very short in Disneyland Paris but a little longer in Tokyo.

aladdin2007

I hope he get's some inspiration from the Tokyo version, and I hope it won't end up like Fantillusion. Which was very short in Disneyland Paris but a little longer in Tokyo.

If anyone can get the green light for one its him,,,I wonder if its something TDO has to say yay or nay to, or if it would come from Burbank...Im thinking that sort of thing is up to TDO and whats his name holmes. Not hopeful if the latter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom