MK 24 hour party 2015 - Coolest Summer Ever

Kman101

Is there a video of the reportedly lame Frozen pre-parade that was before the MSEP? I woke up just at 1am to catch the MSEP on the feeds and didn't see it.

Nickelodeon

What's incredible is that they didn't even have a special edition pin for the event. Literally one of the easiest things to make and they didn't.

The T-Shirt is nice though, I'll admit.

Kman101

I guess they counted the Inside Out movie advertisment button they handed out. LOL. I bypassed that right by. Last year was Maleficent, but it made sense because the event had a special movie Maleficent meet and greet tie-in.

But yeah, I was surprised they didn't have a pin to offer up for sale. Screams last minute to me.

disney4life2008

Beyond lame this year.

Their motto should have been "we don't care and it shows."

It didn't have the "party" vibe of past years. Felt like nothing more than EMH. A huge waste. Next year they shouldn't even bother.

OMG you took the words right out of mouth. I attended the 24 hour party May 2013 and it was amazing - I arrived around 7pm and the party felt like a party until it officially ended at 6am the next day. This year, I arrived at the party at 530am and was excited for "the party". I do not know what I really expected; but from 6am until about 9am - it felt like nothing more than morning extra magic hours. Frozen characters opened the park and if I recall - Elsa and Anna stood in a daze for about 10 minutes. Once inside - outside of myriads amounts of adults dressed in costume (I felt like I was on 15th street in NYC after the gay parade - which I love; however, this was just akward). I left around 1030am still trying to figure out where the party was. The head index reached 110 degrees by midday and I felt no need to return for the two showings of the parade with disney channel characters - and by this point, I have seen enough of Frozen. I returned to the MK last evening around midnight looking for the wee hours party - and I felt even more confused. By 4am I left as many of the major attractions were closing. And yet, I still question - where was the 24 hour party? Last night just felt like the old days when the MK would close 3am or 4am during evening EMHs. I had a lot of fun (as always) but there was no party feel this time around.

Kman101

OMG you took the words right out of mouth. I attended the 24 hour party May 2013 and it was amazing - I arrived around 7pm and the party felt like a party until it officially ended at 6am the next day. This year, I arrived at the party at 530am and was excited for "the party". I do not know what I really expected; but from 6am until about 9am - it felt like nothing more than morning extra magic hours. Frozen characters opened the park and if I recall - Elsa and Anna stood in a daze for about 10 minutes. Once inside - outside of myriads amounts of adults dressed in costume (I felt like I was on 15th street in NYC after the gay parade - which I love; however, this was just akward). I left around 1030am still trying to figure out where the party was. The head index reached 110 degrees by midday and I felt no need to return for the two showings of the parade with disney channel characters - and by this point, I have seen enough of Frozen. I returned to the MK last evening around midnight looking for the wee hours party - and I felt even more confused. By 4am I left as many of the major attractions were closing. And yet, I still question - where was the 24 hour party? Last night just felt like the old days when the MK would close 3am or 4am during evening EMHs. I had a lot of fun (as always) but there was no party feel this time around.

Agreed completely.

I was done by about 10:30am too. And it didn't help that it was extremely hot out. Just awful. Can they please stop doing these in May?

asianway

This year's event was beyond lame. They put 0 effort into well just about everything. Last year there were special character meet and greets, more special merchandise, actual events going on everywhere. This year there was a dj in front of the castle and in adventureland. And it felt like any other day at the Magic Kingdom. Not to mention the mini frozen pre parade was one of the biggest jokes I have ever seen. All I gotta say is Disneyland was the place to be this year for the 24 hour day.
DL had a lot going on, and it was an operational nightmare. It was the premiere of the new night offerings and they will be there for the year.

Take out the VIPs wearing pajamas and it was business as usual in both resorts. Quite a letdown from the bar raised last year

ImagineerDude

My mom and I had fun. Does anyone else think the wait times weren't as bad this year? Indoor attractions got kind of crazy when the storms hit after the fireworks and outdoor attractions closed. I agree it wasn't anything special other than being in MK for 24 hours straight. Except we just flew home and I still haven't slept and I was up at 4:15am yesterday!

DancerJonathan

Nice !!

The 'Crystal Castle Float' LIVES!!!!

And here i was thinking it had finally been laid to rest after 30+ years of service.
First time i saw it was for the 1985 '15 Years of WDW' Parade.
It may well have been used before then.

Just wow.
I will confess...i'm kind of excited to see it's still around.

They use that float for the Christmas parade.

drew81

coolest-summer-ever.jpg

tenchikiss

How can Disney put on an event and not have a special pin for sale?! It boggles the mind.

Sounds like it wasn't really as "cool" as last year. We were at the parks Tues-Thursday and at first I was a bit bummed we missed the 24 hour event. But after reading that our park was boring and Disneyland was a congested nightmare I'm not as sad anymore. Last year was a lot of fun (if you went at opening and didn't want villain pics that is).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom