Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyRoy

Does anyone have idea how they will include the part of the ride near the waterfall where the boat turns and make it actually make sense? @marni1971 @wdwmagic

I don't have any inside information, but if the point of the ride is to follow the movie then I would guess it could be the storm at the end where Elsa is making it storm over the bay right before Anna gets to her. The turnaround part and the drop could the storm spinning you around. Then Anna saves her at the end of the ride.

gmajew

Premium Member
For this ride to make any sense the capacity has to increase! The wait for the old ride was bad imagine with this content....

So as much as I am always a glass is half filled kind of guy I am really really concerned that they will not make this happen and it will be a miserable experience for guest!

I would assume that Its a small world has much greater capacity then Maelstrom had correct? If so that is the min amount they can have to make this ride a success.....

doctornick

Expect ride length to be slightly longer but using the existing infrastructure.

I know they are using the existing building/space/layout, but are they changing it at all -- in particular, could they modify it to remove the backwards section by having the boats make a semicircle turn at those points? If it was entirely forward the whole ride, that would help to lengthen the ride partially because the boats move pretty quickly through the backwards portions.

ToTBellHop

I know they are using the existing building/space/layout, but are they changing it at all -- in particular, could they modify it to remove the backwards section by having the boats make a semicircle turn at those points? If it was entirely forward the whole ride, that would help to lengthen the ride partially because the boats move pretty quickly through the backwards portions.
They would still have to include the waterfalls, so it would be a pretty negligible ride time increase. I highly doubt they are changing the ride layout at all, though. The additional ride time comes from merging load and unload, which will add a minute at best. They can add a big ride scene where the Maelstrom queue was, though.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I don't think there is enough room to change the direction switches into a curve large enough to accommodate the boats. at least not without making major changes to the ride path.

aladdin2007

I don't think there is enough room to change the direction switches into a curve large enough to accommodate the boats. at least not without making major changes to the ride path.

but the viking ship boats arent returning are they? I thought I had read that,,someone had said awhile back now they would just be standard boats like in pirates. hopefully not as that just sounds bleh.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
but the viking ship boats arent returning are they? I thought I had read that,,someone had said awhile back now they would just be standard boats like in pirates. hopefully not as that just sounds bleh.

Yes, the boats are being replaced, but they aren't likely to make them significantly smaller.

Reactions: Tom

doctornick

I feel like the first switch (the trolls sending you back) there is enough of a show scene there that they could modify the space to make it round. The switch back though seems very tight and I would think they'd have to expand the space (which I don't know if it is feasible or what is around it).

They would still have to include the waterfalls, so it would be a pretty negligible ride time increase. I highly doubt they are changing the ride layout at all, though. The additional ride time comes from merging load and unload, which will add a minute at best. They can add a big ride scene where the Maelstrom queue was, though.

You'd still have the drops certainly, but the boats move very quickly through the backwards portion (e.g. the polar bears), faster than other areas. They could make the jets propelling the boats less strong in that area and spend more time on the scene.

roj2323

I would go as far to say that WDI knows about the capacity issue, that's why they are building the M&G hoping to pull some of the crowds away from the ride.
LOL that was a good one.

We all know that entire area is going to be a zoo for at least a year if not two or three years and people are largely going to be going to both locations, the only question is which one first. I fully expect wait times in the 120 minute range for a while for both locations if they discontinue the Anna & elsa meet n greet at MK, which I think they will.

raymusiccity

aladdin2007, post: 6628940, member: 44332"]but the viking ship boats arent returning are they? I thought I had read that,,someone had said awhile back now they would just be standard boats like in pirates. hopefully not as that just sounds bleh.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they're returning. They were last seen heading down the highway just a few days after Maelstrom closed....

image.jpg

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
LOL that was a good one.

We all know that entire area is going to be a zoo for at least a year if not two or three years and people are largely going to be going to both locations, the only question is which one first. I fully expect wait times in the 120 minute range for a while for both locations if they discontinue the Anna & elsa meet n grope at MK, which I think they will.
On the Unofficial Guide Disney Dish podcast, Jim Hill has said that the Frozen meet and greet is going to be modeled after the Judge's Tent in Toontown with four rooms of Anna and Elsa for capacity.

ToTBellHop

In theory given the "wasted" space on the Viking ships they could add to the capacity.
I'm not sure of that. Usually the trough is designed for a certain weight in each boat. If they add a row, the boats may drag. The only way they can add seating is if the decorations on the Viking boats weighed a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom