Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm guessing that the new building will be designed to architecturally be part of the Norway pavilion, but can anyone confirm this? We haven't seen concept art yet, have we? I suppose the look could be more Arendelle and less Norway, but I would hope that's not the case.

The plans don't give much idea of what the front will look like, but it's possible that they may keep it somewhat generic to make it use more flexible in the future.

RayTheFirefly

The plans don't give much idea of what the front will look like, but it's possible that they may keep it somewhat generic to make it use more flexible in the future.
Is that teal part in the front in the rendering supposed to be a water feature? It looks like a little pond with a walkway with a bridge going into it.

IowaHawks7

Its interesting that the two buildings dont connect in someway to make the queue longer for the ride. i wonder how they will expand the queue now because we all know its going to need it once it opens. the current maelstrom queue is not nearly long enough to hold that kind of capacity it will need.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Its interesting that the two buildings dont connect in someway to make the queue longer for the ride. i wonder how they will expand the queue now because we all know its going to need it once it opens. the current maelstrom queue is not nearly long enough to hold that kind of capacity it will need.
The queue will move into the area that was used as the theater.

ABQ

Possible silly question, but I cannot tell from the photos, is access to the restrooms @ Norway still open at this time? Just thinking that the restrooms inside Mexico are tiny (always feel terrible for anyone seated over in that corner of the restaurant.)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Possible silly question, but I cannot tell from the photos, is access to the restrooms @ Norway still open at this time? Just thinking that the restrooms inside Mexico are tiny (always feel terrible for anyone seated over in that corner of the restaurant.)
Yes they are still open.

wdwfan757

Any ideas as to what this means for Anna/Elsa at MK?

Any ideas as to whether it will open at 9am or with WS at 11?

I don't have any interest in them, but it could have a pretty big effect on the morning rush at those two parks

ToTBellHop

Boooo.

Makes for a short ride if they keep it all the same.
There are rumors that they will add a ride scene by merging load with unload, but still, yes. Unfortunately, because of the ride setup, capacity will be an issue as any unified load/unload in the former unload area will have to feature unload first, then load; not loading on one side and unloading on the other, which would allow for dual loading. Lines will be long! If you are curious, you can find a ride layout here: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2014/09/blue-sky-ideas-maelstrom-morphing-into.html

yensid67

You can see here. There is a pretty good gap between Mexico and the new building.

Frozen-Epcot-Norway2.jpg

Do you think TDO will build a SEMI Temporary building something like converted trailers with a façade on the front of them? What will they do with this area WHEN Frozen is no longer popular, and there will come a time!
You would think they would see this coming down the road and just make it a temporary location!? Where is the sense in spending large amounts of money to build a permanent building for a popular meet n greet only to have it close a few years later and have the building empty and useless or only open on special occasions or peak season!?
I think they could utilize some other areas as a meet n greet that are already built and just need some tweaking...the old Image Works comes to mind on 2nd floor of Imagination or WOL pavilion?! What are your thoughts or ideas?

ToTBellHop

Do you think TDO will build a SEMI Temporary building something like converted trailers with a façade on the front of them? What will they do with this area WHEN Frozen is no longer popular, and there will come a time!
You would think they would see this coming down the road and just make it a temporary location!? Where is the sense in spending large amounts of money to build a permanent building for a popular meet n greet only to have it close a few years later and have the building empty and useless or only open on special occasions or peak season!?
I think they could utilize some other areas as a meet n greet that are already built and just need some tweaking...the old Image Works comes to mind on 2nd floor of Imagination or WOL pavilion?! What are your thoughts or ideas?
If things go as scheduled, Frozen should stop being popular about 76 years after Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs stops being popular enough to warrant a meet and greet.

It is a building with rooms. They can put anyone in there. Disney has a history of sporadically putting out movies with popular characters that people would like to meet. And as the structure is close to Norway but independent, it doesn't have to be a fictitious Norwegian princess from a fictitious Norwegian kingdom permanently. It could be a fictitious Mexican prince from the Kingdom of Torrito, complete with booking information on an Adventures by Disney tour.

Personally, I can see a tenuous connection between characters and appropriate pavilions in World Showcase and don't find the meet and greets to be offensive, but fictitious characters that would have died centuries ago don't belong in Future World.

Last edited:

bethymouse

I am glad they are making a larger space for Anna and Elsa. I hope they have an Olaf AA planned also like in DL. It would be nice to add Kristoff and maybe even the trolls/Aa of Sven. Oh the possibilitites!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom