Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Kman101

Gotcha, thought you were specifically talking about DCA. And considering DHS already has one I don't it would be on the table as a replacement.

No worries. I could have specified better in my post. I agree with you. I was more so going off of rumors around here (not so much lately but in the past) of that being the replacement for GMR. It makes no sense to go through all that effort.

Not sure why they'd want to restore the view down Hollywood Blvd. only to replace the theater five years later, but we all know they sometimes make some odd decisions.

Kman101

I hope the GMR stays and receives a major update. It's the perfect flagship attraction for a park about Hollywood. Plus it's one of the last slow EPCOT style AA heavy rides left.

I remain torn on the GMR. I love it for what it is, but also somewhat would like an update. I really liked the idea of the theater hosting a movie premiere and then you are whisked into the movie. But in a way you are whisked through MANY movies now, so ... I just don't trust them to change it in the right way.

I'd also hate to lose the representations of the movies inside, especially the Wizard of Oz section.

Mike S

I remain torn on the GMR. I love it for what it is, but also somewhat would like an update. I really liked the idea of the theater hosting a movie premiere and then you are whisked into the movie. But in a way you are whisked through MANY movies now, so ... I just don't trust them to change it in the right way.

I'd also hate to lose the representations of the movies inside, especially the Wizard of Oz section.
By update I mean all new AA's and MAYBE a scene replacement. But mainly just the all new AA's would make me happy, like what happened with Spaceship Earth.

Kman101

By update I mean all new AA's and MAYBE a scene replacement. But mainly just the all new AA's would make me happy, like what happened with Spaceship Earth.

Agreed. I want an update of the AA's and a scene or two could be replaced. I shouldn't hear them creak to move as I'm going through the ride.

I guess if they did update the ride without us having a say (LOL), I'd prefer what had been suggested here. It could work well and be fun, but it wouldn't ever be the same.

I don't see why they think they need to even really touch GMR. The park shouldn't become unrecognizable. I just don't know what they could put there to replace it. I mean, they are restoring the view, why get rid of it again later? It negates the whole point of Hollywood Boulevard.

I'd like to hear some actual plans for a replacement exterior and it better not be Carthay. That needs to stay as the weenie in DCA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom