A Spirited Perfect Ten

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Kids are 'allowed' in many bars in Illinois however a bar owner can make that any age they wish or only allow 21+

What is not allowed here is no person under 21 years is allowed to be seated a the BAR proper. The tables within the bar is OK. Just never the Bar itself.

That's how it works up here as well, Under 21's are not allowed at the physical BAR itself, The rest of the establishment is OK.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Well.... Legally allowed. Not sure welcome is the correct term.
Yeah. I think the laws are basically designed to keep older teens from sneaking drinks from a friend over 21. They prevent a 19 year old from sitting at the bar next to her 21 year old boyfriend. If a kid is somewhere with their parents it's expected that the parents will use good judgement. We know that's not always going to happen.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Disney only wants your money, Actually having an ADULT experience is immaterial to them, Last time I was in TOTWL this December - place was overrun by screaming toddlers.
Agreed. Disney has the right to establish rules that would prohibit kids from sitting at a bar or even being in a bar/lounge. They choose not to. It's a money thing.

For TOTWL I think the bartenders may be happy to get anyone in there. It's always been quite empty whenever I went up there. Also a money thing.

71jason

As far as I can tell, Florida law has nothing to say on the subject of minors in a bar or where they sit.

There's pretty clear law on not serving minors, but the only other mention I see is the prohibition on people under 18 loitering in a "dance hall" without a parent or guardian.

But maybe someone else has better eyes than mine. I'll be happy to be informed otherwise.

Chapter 562 Beverage Law: Enforcement

I'm a fan of child-free bars, but it seems that it's up to each establishment.

Pretty certain it's a state reg. But it's Saturday, unless you're ponying up $300/hours, too lazy to look today.

Animaniac93-98

On an entirely different note, I really do think service animals will become the next scooter/stroller/Brazillian in-park "issue" within the next 12-18 months.

I saw a woman at Disneyland with not one, not two, but three dogs with her, all in character costumes underneath their vests. She was using a walker, so he clearly had mobility issues, but I'm not sure all three little pooches were necessary for her park enjoyment (or if they were split between her and the woman she was touring with).

Bottom line, I expect this will become the next highly abused guest privilege, for Disneyland in particular.

71jason

On an entirely different note, I really do think service animals will become the next scooter/stroller/Brazillian in-park "issue" within the next 12-18 months.

I saw a woman at Disneyland with not one, not two, but three dogs with her, all in character costumes underneath their vests. She was using a walker, so he clearly had mobility issues, but I'm not sure all three little pooches were necessary for her park enjoyment (or if they were split between her and the woman she was touring with).

Bottom line, I expect this will become the next highly abused guest privilege, for Disneyland in particular.

"Comfort" animals pretty much becoming an issue for WDW, agreed. Let me stop now before I get political.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That's how it works up here as well, Under 21's are not allowed at the physical BAR itself, The rest of the establishment is OK.

I'm a Mom of 2 20something kids. They likely have spent a year of their life by 18 years old in the parks. Never sitting on a stool up at a bar. I'm hard pressed to think back over the last 25+ years or so to think of ever taking them into a bar or a lounge but technically I guess I did a few times.

The waiting area is a lounge at PrimeTime. During a huge downpour the outside lounge sitting at tables at Tuskers but that place served everything from adult beverages to slurpee's. Goal was to hide from the rain, not many choices back there for the amount of guests. I guess the one time I can get nailed for is having a late (early evening) dinner at Roosters Lounge in Riverside, we wanted our kids to participate in Yee Haa Bob's interactive show where he called up kids to be part of the show. I just can't remember ever taking them into a real bar or lounge area.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'm a Mom of 2 20something kids. They likely have spent a year of their life by 18 years old in the parks. Never sitting on a stool up at a bar. I'm hard pressed to think back over the last 25+ years or so to think of ever taking them into a bar or a lounge but technically I guess I did a few times.

The waiting area is a lounge at PrimeTime. During a huge downpour the outside lounge sitting at tables at Tuskers but that place served everything from adult beverages to slurpee's. Goal was to hide from the rain, not many choices back there for the amount of guests. I guess the one time I can get nailed for is having a late (early evening) dinner at Roosters Lounge in Riverside, we wanted our kids to participate in Yee Haa Bob's interactive show where he called up kids to be part of the show. I just can't remember ever taking them into a real bar or lounge area.

The Dawa bar indeed does serve everything but I've never seen kids at the BAR itself, tables sure and we've had ours there waiting for a table at Tusker house most of adults in our party had adult beverages except for the 'designated drivers' and the kids had slurpees.

Mike S

"Comfort" animals pretty much becoming an issue for WDW, agreed. Let me stop now before I get political.
My last trip to WDW there was a dog in the audience of Country Bear Jamboree that barked at some of the AA's but I haven't seen a lot of dogs in the parks otherwise. I found it pretty funny.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
My last trip to WDW there was a dog in the audience of Country Bear Jamboree that barked at some of the AA's but I haven't seen a lot of dogs in the parks otherwise. I found it pretty funny.
Can you imagine what must be going through a dog's head in the parks? I don't care how well trained the dog is, nothing can prepare it for singing and dancing bears. Actually, if the dog didn't bark at that I'd probably send it back;)

PhotoDave219

It would be interesting to see the day when someone shows up with their "internet certificate" designating their beloved fido a service animal. We have already had to cross that hurdle where I work.

From what I've seen, looks like Disney is just letting them in.

You would think that with all the GAC card issues, they would try and get ahead of the curve for once.....

Goofyernmost

From what I've seen, looks like Disney is just letting them in.

You would think that with all the GAC card issues, they would try and get ahead of the curve for once.....
That isn't what the issue will be. Soon someone is going to insist that the "animals in question" need to accompany them on the ride, because without them their personal life is in danger. Then there will be an issue that will include PITA (the organization, not the condition) vs. ADA. I'm not sure why PITA hasn't jumped on the cruelty of forcing animals to be walking around on 100 degree pavement in 100 degree heat so that someone can get a few minutes of giggles riding a ride in a theme park.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That isn't what the issue will be. Soon someone is going to insist that the "animals in question" need to accompany them on the ride, because without them their personal life is in danger. Then there will be an issue that will include PITA (the organization, not the condition) vs. ADA. I'm not sure why PITA hasn't jumped on the cruelty of forcing animals to be walking around on 100 degree pavement in 100 degree heat so that someone can get a few minutes of giggles riding a ride in a theme park.
If this happens I'll pay good money for the Splash Mountain ride photo with a dog on board:cool:

Will the dogs need to wear a magic band and book their FP reservations in advance?

They could make a killing selling "dog ponchos" for the ride at least
image.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom