IBM's THINK and Test the Limits exhibits to close in early January

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Short of putting a couple more Starbucks there or meet and greets, there is nothing "educational" that will attract bodies.

NelsonRD

I will agree that Epcot is a long way from the original focus which was the Future and the Worlds Fair. Hollywood Studio's, however we define it, has always stayed with Movie, TV, Music, Live Shows, Animation and so on. Can you name one thing that isn't based on any entertainment venue. I can't think of one.

Hollywood studios is in the process of being rebranded and will become a park similar to California Adventure in California. The closure of Backlot Tour, American Idol, and rumored additional closures supports this.

Goofyernmost

I know what I am about to say is sacrilege. But im all for them gutting east and west and putting the fair events that occupy the wonders of life in there. If it brings back the wonders of life. East and west are already shells of what they used to be anyways. Of course the better idea would be to bring back all of these spaces to their former glory.
I don't see that happening with WoL, but something else could go in there and even have a way to utilize the now empty simulator bays. But it will not ever be able to be the original again. Now for East & West that certainly can be done, not cheaply, but it can be recreated with updated technology.

Goofyernmost

Hollywood studios is in the process of being rebranded and will become a park similar to California Adventure in California. The closure of Backlot Tour, American Idol, and rumored additional closures supports this.
I suppose it is possible, but, I don't think that it will venture very far from it's movie/entertainment focus. They have a lot of new stuff that will slip in there seamlessly like Pixar, Lucas Films, Muppets amongst other Marvel things that are not currently in the grasp of Universal. They don't really have to change the general idea, just add some stuff that will keep people amused for a little while.

Cmdr_Crimson

Won't be missing it too much for a reason...Out here at The Museum of Science & Industry in Chicago where the Treasures of The Disney Archives exhibit is (up until Jan 4th) They just opened a THINK exhibit...http://www.msichicago.org/whats-here/exhibits/think/ It's exactly like the Innoventions exhbit...Albeit smaller in size (Big screen wall, Theater, touch screens..etc.)
DSC00027_zps53f3a6e8.jpg

Last edited:

flyerjab

This is one part of WDW that needs serious help. My family have often wandered through the Innoventions sections of Future World…mainly just to cool off in air conditioning.

I know that I frequently am probably viewed as captaining the good ship lollipop when talking about WDW on this site as my views are generally positive about most things. Not so much concerning FW as I feel that there is so much potential that is wasted. So much of it I feel is empty space that you walk through so that you can get to World Showcase. And I think that is a shame as there is so much that you could do here. I hope that Tom Fitzgerald wasn't hired just to paint FW.

doctornick

Huh? It will have a "California" theme? Don't see it.

Obviously, it is moving away from the "working studios" theme, if that's not pretty much gone already (the stunt shows and some theming, like the queue for Star Tours, are really the only remnants). But the shift is to a "live the movies" concept, similar to Universal Studios Florida. I don't see how that would be a bad thing given how much of a mess the park is currently anyway -- it would actually strengthen the park.

doctornick

I never stepped foot in Innovations other then to get to the other side.

I will say that for everyone disparaging Innoventions, you really need to check out Sum of All Thrills. IMHO, it's a hidden gem, one of the best experiences at Epcot and actually combines learning with thrills in a successful way. Even if Innoventions gets gutted someday, I would hope they keep SOAT in some capacity.

doctornick

I did not say California theme. I said it be a park similar to the California Adventure park in California.

You said it was "being rebranded". The "brand" of DCA is "California" with different lands corresponding to different places or themes found in that state. While some of the elements of DHS do resemble aspects of DCA (particularly since they try to evoke the "Golden Age of Hollywood"), the park theme for DHS is going to be "entertainment" not "California". The theme of DHS is much more similar to Universal Studios Orlando park, even making the same progression from "working studio/movie making" to "experience the world of your favorite movies".

I just don't see DCA as a good comp for what DHS is progressing towards. Although DHS and DCA share some qualities, they are setup quite differently in overall concept.

Sped2424

I don't see that happening with WoL, but something else could go in there and even have a way to utilize the now empty simulator bays. But it will not ever be able to be the original again. Now for East & West that certainly can be done, not cheaply, but it can be recreated with updated technology.
But Pixars inside out is coming out soon. And the plot is almost beat for beat something that was done with cranium command, if it ends up being a success who knows.

Goofyernmost

But Pixars inside out is coming out soon. And the plot is almost beat for beat something that was done with cranium command, if it ends up being a success who knows.
Yes, it could go in there, but, it will be a slightly different concept if it does. The general health theme will be thrown out and a more technical experience type of study of basic body and mind concepts might be addressed. I'm not sure how they would flesh out the "Inside Out" concept to fill the pavilion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom