IBM's THINK and Test the Limits exhibits to close in early January

Goofyernmost

Shame. Especially for West. It's already a ghost town.

Perhaps the floorspace shouldn't have been expanded in 1994 afterall.

Is it me or did Communicore always feel busier and more complete?
It's not just you, but, it has been a very long time since Communicore. I spent a lot of time in there when there was something worth seeing. When it changed over, it's became more of a time killer between FP times. All I have ever done since then is walk through in the cool air. Nothing has been of any interest to me at all.

doctornick

Bummed about this: I rather liked the Think exhibit and felt it really fit in well with Future World (at least the Future World most of us want to see). Can't say much about Test the Limits lab though; don't think we ever checked it out.

NelsonRD

Each park has lost its way. Epcot is no longer focused on the Worlds Fair and culture, Hollywood studios abandoned the movie/television theme, and soon Animal Kingdom will no longer have animals.

Goofyernmost

Each park has lost its way. Epcot is no longer focused on the Worlds Fair and culture, Hollywood studios abandoned the movie/television theme, and soon Animal Kingdom will no longer have animals.
I will agree that Epcot is a long way from the original focus which was the Future and the Worlds Fair. Hollywood Studio's, however we define it, has always stayed with Movie, TV, Music, Live Shows, Animation and so on. Can you name one thing that isn't based on any entertainment venue. I can't think of one.

MK, however, goes in a million different directions so it is impossible to ever leave the theme. The theme is what ever they put in there and it always has been that way. When did Tomorrowland ever just deal with tomorrow originally. Delta, Eastern Airlines were about what was happening at the time. Even my favorite... Carousel of Progress was 10% prediction of the future and 90% yesterday. The 360 movie before Timekeeper had nothing to do with the future in any real sense. Pray tell what did the Haunted Mansion have to do with Liberty Square or for that matter the riverboat. I could go on and talk about what is in some of those places in Tomorrowland now are a much closer connection to theme then the originals were. For example, who's to say that interaction with aliens are not going to be part of our tomorrows?

Sped2424

I know what I am about to say is sacrilege. But im all for them gutting east and west and putting the fair events that occupy the wonders of life in there. If it brings back the wonders of life. East and west are already shells of what they used to be anyways. Of course the better idea would be to bring back all of these spaces to their former glory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom