Tusker House at Disney's Animal Kingdom to introduce a character dinner

wdwgreek

Character dining, as if there were not enough options property wide for this already. I really don't like this, because first they add characters, which means more kids eat at these places, which means they gentrify the menu's to accommodate their new clientele resulting in a glorified Outback steakhouse.

ToTBellHop

Character dining, as if there were not enough options property wide for this already. I really don't like this, because first they add characters, which means more kids eat at these places, which means they gentrify the menu's to accommodate their new clientele resulting in a glorified Outback steakhouse.
Well people want character meals, and neither this park nor AKL offer character dining at dinner, so this seems like a smart move. The only thing that confuses me about all the dining updates coming to DAK in 2015 is that they predate the new nighttime show by a year. What reason do people have to stay in DAK past lunch in 2015? You would think they would have delayed all of this by a year.

JohnD

Don't know about which characters would go in but I understand what they're doing. They're extending nighttime activities. Who knows? Maybe some of these dinners could be VIP packages to get you a good location for the nighttime show ala Fantasmic?

Jon81uk

Well people want character meals, and neither this park nor AKL offer character dining at dinner, so this seems like a smart move. The only thing that confuses me about all the dining updates coming to DAK in 2015 is that they predate the new nighttime show by a year. What reason do people have to stay in DAK past lunch in 2015? You would think they would have delayed all of this by a year.

I can easily fill 10am to 5pm at Animal Kingdom with the five rides, four shows, walking trails and planet watch. But then we go over to Boma for dinner at 6pm. Although we had a lunch at Tuskar House before they added characters and thought the food as as good or even maybe better than Boma.

ToTBellHop

I can easily fill 10am to 5pm at Animal Kingdom with the five rides, four shows, walking trails and planet watch. But then we go over to Boma for dinner at 6pm. Although we had a lunch at Tuskar House before they added characters and thought the food as as good or even maybe better than Boma.
How many people are still in DAK with you at 4:45? I find it to be dead by 3.

JoeCamel

Yeah, I didn't realize tomorrow was the 18th. I guess I need to get on that Christmas shopping.

They didn't say how late it will be open, is this retirement style where you start dinner at 4:30? or are they actually open later?

Figments Friend

Drew's idea would make this a truly nice addition ...a 'Jungle Friends' themed character meal.
Perfect setting.
Something unique is really needed, and the place setting at Tusker House would be a great spot to try out such a thing.
Mix it up a little.
I bet with a few 'alternative' jungle/adventure associated characters added here, it would make this location one of the most popular character meals on property.

Despite that being a good idea....it is a little disappointing to hear that Tusker House is doing character meals now for dinner, too.
Tusker was my fave dinner spot at DAK.
Good food, fair price, and a nice variety of options.
I purposely avoided it as a breakfast/lunch spot because of the character meals happening then.

Sorry to hear it is going 'character' for all meals now.

Last edited:

Thumper 32

Can we get a random "Jungle Friends" meal at AK?? Baloo, Louie, Terk, Meeko, Thumper etc

While I love the basic idea, there's no way that Meeko or Thumper should be in a Jungle themed anything. They are forest animals. :)

I've always thought that Baloo and Louie (and heck even Mowgli if we're going crazy here) would make for a great new character breakfast at Sanaa. It already has the India flair to the menu so they'd be a natural fit.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
While it is great they are building more restaurants, keeping them open longer but to what end. Avatar is still years away. Break some more ground, build some more attractions and then maybe there will be a reason to stay in the park long enough for night time dining.

doctornick

Drew's idea would make this a truly nice addition ...a 'Jungle Friends' themed character meal.
Perfect setting.
Something unique is really needed, and the place setting at Tusker House would be a great spot to try out such a thing.
Mix it up a little.
I bet with a few 'alternative' jungle/adventure associated characters added here, it would make this location one of the most popular character meals on property.

Interestingly, DLR has far few character meals than WDW (naturally given the respective sizes) but one of them is an animal themed one at Storytellers Cafe at the Grand Cali. It does seem that something similar that would make sense at DAK (or, alternatively, at AKL at least)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom