WDW Permits 2014

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Still no word on paving the Yeti lot in the Animal Kingdom... In their defense they're only at 5 months for a parking lot.

We are not likely to see another permit for the paving, it's probably all covered under the original construction permit.

folds82

Going at a breakneck pace by Disney standard. ;)

Actually the yeti lot has been open and been in use since October on peak days but they just added a really cool new yeti sign on the light poles last week (photo up at jamboeveryone)! The giraffe lot was then closed for roughly a month after yeti opened and just reopened before wine & dine. Giraffe parking aisles are no longer angled like they were with the random grass triangles at either end. Dinosaur, Giraffe, and Yeti all have parallel rows now - looks like one MASSIVE lot now!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Actually the yeti lot has been open and been in use since October on peak days but they just added a really cool new yeti sign on the light poles last week (photo up at jamboeveryone)! The giraffe lot was then closed for roughly a month after yeti opened and just reopened before wine & dine. Giraffe parking aisles are no longer angled like they were with the random grass triangles at either end. Dinosaur, Giraffe, and Yeti all have parallel rows now - looks like one MASSIVE lot now!

Your right! Here is a link to a Terra Server image from 11/3/2014 showing the lot open and the one next to it torn up. I've seen Animal Kingdom photo updates that showed construction but I just assumed it was the Yeti lot.

http://bit.ly/1t92hF7

roj2323

Your right! Here is a link to a Terra Server image from 11/3/2014 showing the lot open and the one next to it torn up. I've seen Animal Kingdom photo updates that showed construction but I just assumed it was the Yeti lot.

http://bit.ly/1t92hF7

Looks like they gained a few hundred spots by straightening out the giraffe lot. It was a good idea in my opinion.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Permits field today for room rehabs at Carribean Beach.

Lodge Building #3400, #3500, #3600, #3700, #3800, #3900 - Room Rehab
I assume this is part of the room refurb that is expected to start soon. Any idea which buildings these are? For CBR I think each "Island" section is made up of 5 or 6 individual buildings and there are 6 separate islands (with Trinidad North and South counting as separate islands). So is this a refurb for 6 buildings in one island section or a refurb of all 6 island sections making up the whole resort. A while back in the Spirit #8 thread WDW1974 said they were considering converting part of CBR to DVC. I wouldn't think this was related to that, but I also can't see them refurbing rooms only to convert them to DVC later. Could be a hint at whether the DVC rumors are likely or not.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I assume this is part of the room refurb that is expected to start soon. Any idea which buildings these are? For CBR I think each "Island" section is made up of 5 or 6 individual buildings and there are 6 separate islands (with Trinidad North and South counting as separate islands). So is this a refurb for 6 buildings in one island section or a refurb of all 6 island sections making up the whole resort. A while back in the Spirit #8 thread WDW1974 said they were considering converting part of CBR to DVC. I wouldn't think this was related to that, but I also can't see them refurbing rooms only to convert them to DVC later. Could be a hint at whether the DVC rumors are likely or not.

Looks like this is Trinidad South.

chiefs11

A while back in the Spirit #8 thread WDW1974 said they were considering converting part of CBR to DVC. I wouldn't think this was related to that, but I also can't see them refurbing rooms only to convert them to DVC later. Could be a hint at whether the DVC rumors are likely or not.

I don't know anything about CBR adding DVC, but I wouldn't count on the bolded part above. They did exactly that at the Polynesian with the Tokelau long-house.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don't know anything about CBR adding DVC, but I wouldn't count on the bolded part above. They did exactly that at the Polynesian with the Tokelau long-house.
Per tikiman the plans changed for Poly. Tokelau was not originally part of the DVC plans. They scaled down the original plans which in addition to converting the Tahiti rooms would have added 2 new DVC buildings and a new pool area that would have covered Rapa Nui and part of the parking lot. They went with just the conversion of existing rooms which included Tokelau which had already been refurbed. The Tahiti rooms were always part of the DVC plans and were never refurbed.

If there were current plans to convert CBR rooms to DVC they wouldn't waste the money refurbing them now only to convert them in the near future.

chiefs11

Per tikiman the plans changed for Poly. Tokelau was not originally part of the DVC plans. They scaled down the original plans which in addition to converting the Tahiti rooms would have added 2 new DVC buildings and a new pool area that would have covered Rapa Nui and part of the parking lot. They went with just the conversion of existing rooms which included Tokelau which had already been refurbed. The Tahiti rooms were always part of the DVC plans and were never refurbed.

If there were current plans to convert CBR rooms to DVC they wouldn't waste the money refurbing them now only to convert them in the near future.

Yes, I know all that. That was my point: plans change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom