WDW Permits 2014

Progress.City

Question: When did they install the FLE model, in comparison to when it was announced? If it were installed at the time it was announced, knowing that an announcement on HS is imminent, this could very well be what it is... If so, who knows, they may even through in the Avatar and Disney Springs model too!

When they hold the HS press conference, they could open all these models up for display and brag about all the building going on at WDW. They did something like this when AK was announced and opened displays of models of everything being built at WDW at that time.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Question: When did they install the FLE model, in comparison to when it was announced? If it were installed at the time it was announced, knowing that an announcement on HS is imminent, this could very well be what it is... If so, who knows, they may even through in the Avatar and Disney Springs model too!

When they hold the HS press conference, they could open all these models up for display and brag about all the building going on at WDW. They did something like this when AK was announced and opened displays of models of everything being built at WDW at that time.

The model went on display May 16th, 2012 less then 6 months before the bulk of new Fantasyland opened and long after the initial announcement.

djkidkaz

The Disney Speings model is very disappointing. It's nothing like the Fantasyland model. Just a bunch of blank building structures. Remember the majority of the tenants still haven't been announced. It's a very generic model and not the level of details you saw in Fantasyland.

RSoxNo1

The Disney Speings model is very disappointing. It's nothing like the Fantasyland model. Just a bunch of blank building structures. Remember the majority of the tenants still haven't been announced. It's a very generic model and not the level of details you saw in Fantasyland.
Didn't it light up or something during the media preview?

Last edited:

djkidkaz

Didn't it let up or something during the media preview?

It has some sort of digital projection on it but still doesn't have that wow factor like a new land with a mine train mountain does. Unless they have a newer model, but I would doubt it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Permit filed for room rehab at the Boardwalk Villas...

Villas Room Rehabilitation - Guestroom Rehab

Also an interesting one for Epcot. It's for installation of a "communication system", but the work area starts behind the Japan pavillion, goes cross the lagoon connecting the three islands, and finally ends up backstage behind Norway.

Communication System Installation - Electrical Mechanical

Capture.JPG

WDWFantasmicFan

Also an interesting one for Epcot. It's for installation of a "communication system", but the work area starts behind the Japan pavillion, goes cross the lagoon connecting the three islands, and finally ends up backstage behind Norway.

View attachment 73738
Do you think it is IllumiNations upgrade related if its going across the lagoon??? Is there IllumiNations RoE controllers etc. above either Japan or Norway? Can't remember where they are located....

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Which would make sense as Mexico is next to Norway - explaining why cabling etc. is to be installed to behind Norway. But why Japan I wonder?

I wouldn't necessarily jump to that conclusion. The work area stops at the middle of the Norway pavillion, and Mexico is pretty far from the spot, remember there is an empty plot in between. That's not to say that there isn't some sort of connection point behind Norway.

Maybe the Fastpass entrance for the new Frozen ride is going to be near the Japan pavilion. ;)

WDWFantasmicFan

I wouldn't necessarily jump to that conclusion. The work area stops at the middle of the Norway pavillion, and Mexico is pretty far from the spot, remember there is an empty plot in between. That's not to say that there isn't some sort of connection point behind Norway.

Maybe the Fastpass entrance for the new Frozen ride is going to be near the Japan pavilion. ;)
Forgot about the gap between the two pavilions, but it does seem to me that it is RoE related...
Don't joke about the FastPass entrance for Frozen being in Japan! Haha! ;) Maybe its for the inevitable ginormous queue there will be when it opens! Looking forward to the attraction but not the queues - I can see it getting the way Anna and Elsa M&G did with 5 hour queues! :banghead:

Crazydisneyfanluke

View attachment 73738
I know martin said something about the mirrors on the island in his illuminations thread. Might be related since there are mirrors on the islands.

RSoxNo1

Tom

Beta Return

View attachment 73738

Interested to get @marni1971 's take on this.

I would bet anything it's ROE related....what else could it be? The path is interesting, but comparing the Points of Beginning and Termination to Bing, it appears the path starts and ends at some large fenced in electrical transformer stations. There's one behind Japan right where the line stops, and there's another right behind the Norway show building. My guess is that they're simply using existing conduits that were installed years ago. Otherwise, this is going to be a very interesting Directional Bore project to watch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom