WDW Permits 2014

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I looked up where those rooms are. They are in the 1980's building, highlighted here:

Capture.JPG

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
So converting this into a 2 room suite would be a reflection of the family suites across the lake at AoA. With on room adjoining, it could be a three room "lockoff" like a DVC 2 Bedroom?

*1023*

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
So converting this into a 2 room suite would be a reflection of the family suites across the lake at AoA. With on room adjoining, it could be a three room "lockoff" like a DVC 2 Bedroom?

*1023*

You would think if they were doing this they would use two rooms that had a door between them. As Tom points out these two rooms would not have an adjoining door. Unless not all the Pop rooms have the door.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You would think if they were doing this they would use two rooms that had a door between them. As Tom points out these two rooms would not have an adjoining door. Unless not all the Pop rooms have the door.
There is also no real reason to do this as they already did a conversion of 2 rooms into a suite a ASM. As I understand it, the floor plans for the value resorts are all nearly identical.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour

Yes, that would seem easier if you were just thinking about 2 rooms used for a suite. However, if you were using 3 rooms for the suite with one of them being a "lockoff" room, it may make sense. You would end up with a split floor plan of a sort. I am just speculating.

You would have a "master" bedroom, a living room/kitchenette/bathroom, and the ability to add a "lockoff" second bedroom. Your living room/kitchenette/bathroom would have a typical foldout.

Most likely, they are just making exemplars for future remodel/rehab. I can say that this property is responsible for me staying at the airport Hyatt on my arrival day before my DVC stays instead of on property.

*1023*

WDWFantasmicFan

Permit today for the night safari and Animal Kingdom:

Kilamanjaro Safaris Night Experience site upgrades and control building - Site work

and one for Disney Photo Imaging for Dinoasur:

Dinosaur Dpi Installation - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction

And has been the case for the past few weeks a bunch of Typhoon Lagoon permits.
I would have thought that the Dinosaur Photo Imaging permit is for on-ride video. If I recall correctly, didn't Expedition Everest and Test Track (??) have the same permits filed a couple of weeks ago?

WDWFantasmicFan

Anything that may suggest more than the normal clean up and annual restoration? Really curious to see what comes in January when Shark Reef is gone.
Nothing that is specifically listed as Shark Reef - although there is one permit that is listed as 'Typhoon Lagoon - General Construction', so don't know what this could mean - usual clean up/annual refurb usually says what is being done (fixing leak, changing pumps etc.).

JWG

More AV equipment that might be for the new Rivers of Light Show...

675&743 W Savannah Circle - Discovery Island AV Installation

New "preview graphics" for One Man's Dream, I wonder what this will be previewing?

755 Stage Lane - One Man's Dream Preview Graphics
Ooooh, something to replace the Fantasyland model? Likely Avatar given nothing else of significance has been announced, though I'd prefer see the reimagined DHS there in DHS. I might actually go into the park for that.

RSoxNo1

Ooooh, something to replace the Fantasyland model? Likely Avatar given nothing else of significance has been announced, though I'd prefer see the reimagined DHS there in DHS. I might actually go into the park for that.
The Disney Springs Model has already been revealed to the public. If I had to take bets, I'd say that's what it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom