The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

PhotoDave219

I think you have some very valid points. Whether any of us would have done things differently or not there are some changes coming, and even if they do not sound largely appealing at this time, maybe they will turn out to be well done!
I suppose the biggest example I could think of is Frozen. I was never a huge fan of Maelstrom, but, I can certainly understand the point of those that were. There is a chance that it could be done tastefully - or, at least have it be entertaining. I'll try to keep positive about these changes because, at the very least, they are changes.

Yeah, I went into Disney's Frozen Studios yesterday. Its a bit much these days.

Atomicmickey

I get the feeling there are quite a few people who are using the current state of things as en excuse to break the habit of going to WDW every year and are planning a few 'years off', where instead of WDW they'll try different vacation destinations, or if they're sticking to a Disney fix, they're switching to California, cruises or overseas parks for a few years until TDO gets its house in order.

That's me, too. Planning a Disneyland trip right now. I haven't been for two years, and I think I'll go back after 2017, when the AK stuff, Rivers of Light, Avatar, etc. are all in operation. At least I hope they will be! If I do go to Orlando, I think it would be for Universal--and that will wait until Kong and JP addition are done.

If there had been new attractions every year or two, I'd be going back for sure. New Fantasyland, unfortunately, wasn't a compelling enough reason to go. Close, but no cigar.

PhotoDave219

That's me, too. Planning a Disneyland trip right now. I haven't been for two years, and I think I'll go back after 2017, when the AK stuff, Rivers of Light, Avatar, etc. are all in operation. At least I hope they will be! If I do go to Orlando, I think it would be for Universal--and that will wait until Kong and JP addition are done.

If there had been new attractions every year or two, I'd be going back for sure. New Fantasyland, unfortunately, wasn't a compelling enough reason to go. Close, but no cigar.

New fantasyland was a good idea at the start, but as you peeled back the curtain and actually saw what the details were, you started realizing that it was a net gain of one ride. ONE.

Also... overheard yesterday was a CM in front of BOG discussing lunch with a guest and saying "We dont do walkups".... they should just make lunch a table service menu and put it in reservations. That would be easiest and no more of this FP+ sillyness.

Stevek

So basically WDW will be worth visiting again in five years. (I hope)
And don't forget, according to Tommy C's latest podcast, there is a very clear indication that all signs point to a 5th gate being built near Flamingo Crossings, possibly in 5 years, or maybe 8-10 years, ok...soon. But, very clear that it's happening.

I don't buy it.

BrerJon

And don't forget, according to Tommy C's latest podcast, there is a very clear indication that all signs point to a 5th gate being built near Flamingo Crossings, possibly in 5 years, or maybe 8-10 years, ok...soon. But, very clear that it's happening.

Well their third gate only has five rides, so if that's all it takes Disney could just build something like the Fun Spot in Kissimmee (which has more rides than DHS), a few carnival spinners on a concrete flat (that's already there at Flamingo), staff it with cheap CPs, none of those expensive equity show performers, and you've got a nice, easy and cheap fifth gate to swat all the Potters Universal can throw at them (at least in Disney accountants eyes).

GiveMeTheMusic

New fantasyland was a good idea at the start, but as you peeled back the curtain and actually saw what the details were, you started realizing that it was a net gain of one ride. ONE.

Also... overheard yesterday was a CM in front of BOG discussing lunch with a guest and saying "We dont do walkups".... they should just make lunch a table service menu and put it in reservations. That would be easiest and no more of this FP+ sillyness.

But then they wouldn't be able to use their MAGICAL roses that no doubt cost bazillions of dollars. Do you know how amazing it is to go to a restaurant and have food magically find you wherever you sit?! ITZ AMAZIN

Cesar R M

Wouldnt go that far.

We're weathering a storm right now. But there is hope of the horizon. Stuff is coming. I mean, as much as we dont like Avatar, its coming along with all the nighttime stuff at DAK.

Disney Springs is plugging along and once they get that darn garage open (someone really screwed up with killing parking for a year!) the situation will begin to stabilize itself. The theme is looking nice sofar.

We've got a 3rd theatre coming to Soarin! and maybe a new film. Theyre doing something in Norway... granted we dont like it, but its something.

And the Studios is on the cusp of a lot of things about to happen, too numerous to mention. (Also in Flux at the moment).

So there's a lot of redevelopment happening.... just not 100% what we would have done if we had the $.
"eventually..."
Nw5EavZ.jpg

Cesar R M

Five years may be pushing it at this point. All these projects are being done by the same people doing the 2 year to move some earth around Hub refurb.

It all depends on the funding.

The amazing thing is that this is still the same company that built Splash Mountain in less than 2 years. Where there is a will there is a way and current management has none.
until they start to drag it to look good in the books.

FigmentFreak

Well their third gate only has five rides, so if that's all it takes Disney could just build something like the Fun Spot in Kissimmee (which has more rides than DHS), a few carnival spinners on a concrete flat (that's already there at Flamingo), staff it with cheap CPs, none of those expensive equity show performers, and you've got a nice, easy and cheap fifth gate to swat all the Potters Universal can throw at them (at least in Disney accountants eyes).

5th gate will be nothing but meet & gropes and themed toilets and FP+ kiosks. There will even be a FP+ themed bathroom. The toilet seats will look like magic bands and the stall has a big Mickey Head ala the magicband touchpoints at rides that lights up when you do your business. Sorry no standy lines FP+ only...

BrianLo

I know MiceAge has a bit of a gathering storm of discontent/garnering a negative reputation since Al left, but it can't be denied their recent info is spot on...

http://micechat.com/82221-enhancements-for-disneyland/

Disneyland Refurbs through early Jan:

Matterhorn: Jan 5 - May 13
Tower of Terror: Jan 5 - Jan 8
Soarin’: Jan 6 - May 14
World of Colour: Jan 7 - March 12
Haunted Mansion: Jan 12 - Jan 22
Peter Pan: Jan 12 - May 7
Snow White Grotto: Jan 12 - April 30
Winnie The Pooh: Jan 12 - Feb 5
Splash Mountain: Jan 12 - April 2
Luigi's Flying Tires: Jan 12 - December 1, 2015

Really going to attempt to get to Disneyland late next year since SDL is delayed now. The park should be in fantastic form and even without a "new" attraction, all the entertainment sounds very compelling. Only thing TDA missed the boat on was the perennially delayed tomorrow land redo/placemaking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom