Reflections of Earth improvements including new lasers

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
First off, I didn't say that. Secondly, as I explained, in the context of a laser light show it's a negligible effect.

Physics is all about ignoring negligible effects in the context of a particular problem.

Perhaps I misread but I believed the way you worded your initial response to Dave to be that vapour is a gas and gas has no impact on how light travels, period, and that to me looked like a bit of an over generalisation. If that is not the case Ill be sure to read posts more contextually in future.

jt04

Perhaps I misread but I believed the way you worded your initial response to Dave to be that vapour is a gas and gas has no impact on how light travels, period, and that to me looked like a bit of an over generalisation. If that is not the case Ill be sure to read posts more contextually in future.

I like the new you.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Well then you should have said Rayleigh scattering, which is the scattering of light by particles (or molecules) much smaller that the wavelength of light.

Compared to Mie scattering, it is a substantially smaller effect, and negligible in laser light shows where smoke, dust and fog dominate.

It's akin to ignoring relativistic effects in Newtonian physics.

I'm glad someone else understands physics around here, How are you on Maxwell's equations?

TimeTrip

So... @marni1971... Are these the new lasers? :D

http://www.martinsvids.net/?p=775

If so, they look very nice. Not really up to the degree of World of Color's programming, but these are certainly more vibrant and colorful. You can really see the patterns they are supposed to cut in the skies above the show. I approve.

Indeed... especially if they weren't enhanced after recording. Also, the "bouncing" pattern at 4:00 in the lower right. Is that new?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Indeed... especially if they weren't enhanced after recording. Also, the "bouncing" pattern at 4:00 in the lower right. Is that new?
They look as they were recorded. No enhancement.

The bouncing pattern... You mean one of those annoying light up toy hats?

Rob562

Yes. I was lucky to see some testing that didn't happen every night nor with all of the new lasers installed. Hence some shots in the video are laser-less or of the old standard.

It should only get better.

I've got 10 days to go with a bf who loves fireworks and who'll be in Disney for the first time ever. Here's hoping they're in full force. :)

-Rob

raymusiccity

So... @marni1971... Are these the new lasers? :D

http://www.martinsvids.net/?p=775

If so, they look very nice. Not really up to the degree of World of Color's programming, but these are certainly more vibrant and colorful. You can really see the patterns they are supposed to cut in the skies above the show. I approve.

I hope they'll be able to improve on the 'Siemens' and rotating globe projections on Spaceship Earth as you're leaving the park. They really look like someone's science project from the '70's ! :(

Alektronic

Yes. I was lucky to see some testing that didn't happen every night nor with all of the new lasers installed. Hence some shots in the video are laser-less or of the old standard.

It should only get better.

New lasers have not been installed yet, they are still using the old lasers and same old lighting package, nothing has been upgraded yet.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
New lasers have not been installed yet, they are still using the old lasers and same old lighting package, nothing has been upgraded yet.
The American laser was "serviced" as I'm sure you know mid September for reasons I won't go into here. Along with that came a thorough cleaning of the table and device itself, hence an example of what the new effects will look like.

Pavilion lighting is mid refurb. The Canada package shown in the video was newly scrimmed that week.

Completion target was originally December as I'm sure you know but that is unlikely.

Alektronic

The American laser was "serviced" as I'm sure you know mid September for reasons I won't go into here. Along with that came a thorough cleaning of the table and device itself, hence an example of what the new effects will look like.

Pavilion lighting is mid refurb. The Canada package shown in the video was newly scrimmed that week.

Completion target was originally December as I'm sure you know but that is unlikely.

Nothing has physically changed, still the same old hardware but they have been tweaking a little with the programming.

When they get the new lasers in the show then you will be able to tell the difference

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't believe I said the lasers had changed yet.

What I did show was how they looked after a lot of cleaning and tweaking, especially after the issue with #2, and to give an example of the improvement to expect.

Certain Pavilion lighting has been refurbished.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom