The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

1016420_10152829174431079_8015803689748839521_n.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Between two kids I went through a lot of diaper bags. They get gross being lugged all over the place. When they got seedy I tossed them and bought another cause you are always putting them down somewhere. I'd say tops $30 or $40 I paid for them.

I didn't get her whole registry. I am surprised her Mom didn't have a cow. These are not wealthy people and some of the major things all new parents need to acquire were quite top shelf.

Zweiland

Back to the Future: Part 2 takes place in 2015

This is supposed to be next year...we've got a lot of work to do...

We must live in the timeline where Marty failed at reuniting his mother and father at the dance. Then he disappeared, and Doc didn't plan ahead by wearing a bulletproof vest to the mall.

So Doc died in our timeline, shot by Libyan terrorists. In the other timeline, the one we see in the movies, he went on to (after the events in BTTF3) travel to 2005 and invent the hoverboard, flying cars, and holographic projections like in the video you posted.

But in our timeline, there was no Doc. So we don't get any of that cool stuff.

At least, that's the way I like to explain it.

StarWarsGirl

BBC America and I are best friends.
BBC America shows Star Trek. That is my use for it. It's on Netflix, but I still watch it when it comes on BBC America.

Yes, I get British news about America.
That's okay; BBC is a good news site. :) I use the Spanish version as practice. For me, it's much easier to understand than other Spanish news sites. I have problems the further South you go understanding the way they write. Accents are even worse. BBC is one that I can understand completely. Mexican Spanish and Spanish from Spain are easier, but I just generally prefer the layout of BBC Mundo. CNN en español is also pretty good.

StarWarsGirl

We must live in the timeline where Marty failed at reuniting his mother and father at the dance. Then he disappeared, and Doc didn't plan ahead by wearing a bulletproof vest to the mall.

So Doc died in our timeline, shot by Libyan terrorists. In the other timeline, the one we see in the movies, he went on to (after the events in BTTF3) travel to 2005 and invent the hoverboard, flying cars, and holographic projections like in the video you posted.

Interesting explanation. I just always explain it as the future hadn't been written yet, especially after Marty changed his future by not getting involved in that accident. And then by pulling Clara from the past and marrying her, Doc changed his future as well. So the 2015 that they went to never happened.

And then there's this...just for further confusion...

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Back to the Future: Part 2 takes place in 2015

This is supposed to be next year...we've got a lot of work to do...

So lost.
I could never wrap my head around the time travel, being in two places, parallel universe thingy.

I am a very literal, linear thinker.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Outsmarting the Ebola virus one layer at a time..
The man who had Ebola, but later died, actually visited that airport I believe. She's still crazy regardless.

Ha! Yet there is skin exposed! That neurotic one should consider staying home however I would like to see her trying to get through the gates at the MK dressed in that. :D

StarWarsGirl

So lost.
I could never wrap my head around the time travel, being in two places, parallel universe thingy.

I am a very literal, linear thinker.
I love science fiction and time travel. I love Back to the Future.

When I had my tonsils out when I was 13, Back to the Future was pretty much the only thing I watched. We still had dial up and did not have Netflix, so I was limited to DVDs. For some reason, I decided Back to the Future was what I wanted to watch. I'd fill in with other movies sometimes (when my mom said no more Back to the Future), but in the evening, I'd watch Back to the Future. I think I watched all three films five or six times through. It was also a regular lunch-time topic back in high school.

StarWarsGirl

When I was a kid, we had actual filmstrip projectors. :)
I remember seeing one of those once in elementary school.

Started out with overhead projectors in elementary and middle school. Those were a pain. The projector pages were expensive, but mandatory for use of the projectors. Had to use TVs if we wanted to watch films. Eventually, we got projectors that connected to the computers, so pretty much we could watch films that way. And we got Elmos.

ELMO9419.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom