DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

Next Big Thing

I'm really surprised at the number of people here who seems to think a Toy Story Playland would be an acceptable development.

This is Disney, surely some basic and lightly themed, low capacity carnival rides should not be acceptable?

For info, the Playland people are calling for from the Paris Studio features just 3 rides, 2 of which have height restrictions (81 and 120cm).

If this is what is added to DHS, I for one will be extremely disappointed.
This would likely not be the only thing added by a long shot.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm really surprised at the number of people here who seems to think a Toy Story Playland would be an acceptable development.

This is Disney, surely some basic and lightly themed, low capacity carnival rides should not be acceptable?

For info, the Playland people are calling for from the Paris Studio features just 3 rides, 2 of which have height restrictions (81 and 120cm).

Keep in mind it was one less than reliable website that brought up Playland and even they said it was more speculation than rumor.

I agree that a clone of Toy Story Playland as is wouldn't work and would be disappointing. I do expect the Pixar piece of this project to be more geared towards younger kids. I think they could still incorporate a dark ride or maybe 2 (even if they are simple D-ticket clones) in addition to a kid zone. You know they will definitely have expanded meet and greet areas and more gift shops.

SW Land should have an e-ticket that full grown adult fanboys can get excited over.

WildcatDen

Looking around Diagon Alley, and the Hogwarts Express station, there's no hope of Disney getting anywhere near to that level of scale and detail. Disney is quite good at small things, at little props and mini-projects, but they struggle with anything truly epic, yet that is the bar Uni have set for them.
Joking, right? Those 4 parks and 2 water parks in Florida are small scale, eh. Based on that 'view' gives new meaning to loopy.

WildcatDen

So after 40 pages, if im correct, We believe that a third track(likely) is coming and POSSIBLY much more per Lee. Seems like a waste of 37 pages. Call me when someone knows whats going on. Gee wiz
But, but, Mr Anderson does know. He said Beasties, lots of beasties, making USF the only game in town. Now, eat your cookie Mr Anderson.

doctornick

Well, we often see people here hyping the high ride numbers at DCA, even though a large number of those rides are "lightly themed, low capacity carnival rides". Point being, it's better to have a bunch of less than ideal rides than to have nothing. DHS desperately needs rides and if a couple of flat rides are part of a bigger expansion, that's okay.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
In Hong Kong, Toy Story Playland was the weakest part of a 3 part expansion. Given the budget being thrown around, and the knowledge that Star Wars is coming, the same could be true for Disney's Hollywood Adventure.
I think some component of the Playland is probable, but they have to have more to it or the ride capacity will be a serious problem. If you just add 3 low capacity rides to Pixar Place and nothing else the wait times will be unbearable.

I think I should have said in my post "I can't see them JUST cloning Toy Story Playland as is."

RSoxNo1

I think some component of the Playland is probable, but they have to have more to it or the ride capacity will be a serious problem. If you just add 3 low capacity rides to Pixar Place and nothing else the wait times will be unbearable.

I think I should have said in my post "I can't see them JUST cloning Toy Story Playland as is."
I wouldn't be surprised if they just look at various B ticket concepts the have around the world and see what they can implement into Pixar. While these types of attractions don't typically increase attendance, they have their place. Personally I would like to see them spread out instead of a Toy Story Playland or a Bug's Land area, but it really does sound like this is just one component of improving this park.

doctornick

I wouldn't be surprised if they just look at various B ticket concepts the have around the world and see what they can implement into Pixar. While these types of attractions don't typically increase attendance, they have their place. Personally I would like to see them spread out instead of a Toy Story Playland or a Bug's Land area, but it really does sound like this is just one component of improving this park.

You wouldn't have a unifying theme, but I'd be cool with a "Pixar Playland" that incorporates rides from a number of franchises. Something like 3 flat rides and 2 indoor rides would be a nice use of the BLT footprint.

Captain Neo

Well let's look at some of their previous expansion initiatives over the last decade:

4358448274_caf12ac028_z.jpg

Chester-Hesters-Dino-Rama-500x322.jpg

101_0959.JPG

FFFConceptArt.jpg

#thedisneydifference

Captain Neo

Jim Hill was pretty much on the money with his details for New Fantasyland back in 2008. A few things got changed here and there but it was pretty similar to what he had said so I see no reason not to believe him now. I've also noticed that no insider has come out to say he's wrong either. So expect a bunch of spinners and flat rides. X-Wing spinner, Toy Story Playland etc :(

PhotoDave219

Jim Hill was pretty much on the money with his details for New Fantasyland back in 2008. A few things got changed here and there but it was pretty similar to what he had said so I see no reason not to believe him now. I've also noticed that no insider has come out to say he's wrong either. So expect a bunch of spinners and flat rides. X-Wing spinner, Toy Story Playland etc :(

Thats because they've all put you on ignore.

SirLink

You wouldn't have a unifying theme, but I'd be cool with a "Pixar Playland" that incorporates rides from a number of franchises. Something like 3 flat rides and 2 indoor rides would be a nice use of the BLT footprint.

That sounds incredibly lame, a couple of E-ticket attractions would need to get added to any expanded Pixar Place to reduce the overall demand on ToT, RNRC, and the first Star Wars E-ticket.

Next Big Thing

no they haven't
If they haven't, they've probably thought about it.

You guys all need to understand the basics about park operations and why flat rides are necessary. They may not be something that YOU want, but they serve a purpose.

It's not even theme park operations, it's almost common sense. There's an entire age group Disney is ignoring at DHS, which is why the demand for TSMM is so high.

Captain Neo

If they haven't, they've probably thought about it.

You guys all need to understand the basics about park operations and why flat rides are necessary. They may not be something that YOU want, but they serve a purpose.

It's not even theme park operations, it's almost common sense. There's an entire age group Disney is ignoring at DHS, which is why the demand for TSMM is so high.

I think your confused. I know some flat rides are necessary but there's a huge difference between the flat rides at Cars Land and the junk that was tossed in Animal Kingdom and HKDL.

Walt Disney World needs rides like Luigi Flying Tires and Aquatopia. They don't need a toy story spinner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom