Expedition Everest broken track effect removed?

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
I saw a video from Theme Park Review showing the broken track effect, right before you start going backwards, currently removed (I assume it's current, it was posted June 3, 2014).
I'm guessing they're working on it?

Note: You can fast forward to 1:24 to see it. There's a glimpse of the frozen/broken eagle that used to fly over as well, just hovering there, around 1:44.

discos

For those who know the exact logistics of the Yeti, with the scaffolding placed where it is, could the refurb of the Yeti be a possibility?

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
For those who know the exact logistics of the Yeti, with the scaffolding placed where it is, could the refurb of the Yeti be a possibility?

I don't know the exact layout, but the Yeti is inside the mountain, and all of that work appears to be on the outside opposite of where he is located. Not to (re)start the "Yeti fix it" topic again, but some of the stories I've read, seem to indicate the "fix" would more or less involve a new Yeti.

Last edited:

tissandtully

From what I've read the Yeti and the mountain are on different scaffolding, so I think it would be possible to refurb.

awilliams4

Great. Now they are removing "effects" on the ride that didn't even move and required no upkeep. Pretty soon the mountain "effect" will be removed too just leaving a steel track.

I have a weird feeling that they are not removing things that required no upkeep for no good reason. Just my opinion.

Minthorne

Highly unlikely Yeti is being fixed:

From Wikipedia

The yeti has not been in full "A-mode" operation since a few months after the ride's opening,[16] when its framing split, causing significant risk of catastrophic malfunction if it were operated. It currently only operates in the alternative "B-mode", which is limited to a strobe-light effect designed to give the appearance of movement, earning it the nickname "Disco Yeti". The problem was caused by damage to the yeti's concrete base structure, which is unlikely to be repaired until a major refurbishment in the distant future, because the design limits access to the yeti without major disassembly of the superstructure.[17]

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
From what I've read the Yeti and the mountain are on different scaffolding, so I think it would be possible to refurb.
Everything is on different support structures. All of the rock work is supported by its own structure as is the track and the yeti. While all of these support structures do intertwine, none of them physically touch each other.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Highly unlikely Yeti is being fixed:

From Wikipedia

The yeti has not been in full "A-mode" operation since a few months after the ride's opening,[16] when its framing split, causing significant risk of catastrophic malfunction if it were operated. It currently only operates in the alternative "B-mode", which is limited to a strobe-light effect designed to give the appearance of movement, earning it the nickname "Disco Yeti". The problem was caused by damage to the yeti's concrete base structure, which is unlikely to be repaired until a major refurbishment in the distant future, because the design limits access to the yeti without major disassembly of the superstructure.[17]
And Wikipedia - the site that anyone can edit, is always correct ;)

Disney can fix the yeti if they wish to, plans have already been drawn up to do so. It just involves a lot of $$.

tissandtully

And Wikipedia - the site that anyone can edit, is always correct ;)

Disney can fix the yeti if they wish to, plans have already been drawn up to do so. It just involves a lot of $$.

The only source for the wikipedia info is the Jason Garcia article filled with speculation, yet the wikipedia page is stating it as fact. I remain hopeful TDO is actually doing something about the Yeti this time.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The only source for the wikipedia info is the Jason Garcia article filled with speculation, yet the wikipedia page is stating it as fact. I remain hopeful TDO is actually doing something about the Yeti this time.
Pretty much EVERYTHING online about the Yeti, including the Sentinel article originated from here:
Expedition Everest effects status watch

iheartdisney91

I rode this ride the year it opened, I remember seeing the Yeti in full force. It was absoulutly incredible! So of course I'm hopeful (yet again) for her to be fixed.

However I don't remember that bird....
And the missing track is more terrifying than a broken track prop... At least from the 1st row anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom