Expedition Everest effects status watch

Bairstow

Why can't they just cut the Yeti down and replace it with a lighter version that has similar tech as the animatronics from the 7 dwarf mine train ride?

Because this would necessitate taking Everest offline to do the work, which they can't afford to do because Animal Kingdom has so few attractions to begin with.

IF they could take the ride offline at all they could probably rig up a way to fix the original Yeti, but they can't, so they won't.

MerlinTheGoat

Because this would necessitate taking Everest offline to do the work, which they can't afford to do because Animal Kingdom has so few attractions to begin with.

IF they could take the ride offline at all they could probably rig up a way to fix the original Yeti, but they can't, so they won't.
Martin said in another thread a while back that a plan exists to fix the yeti without taking the ride offline.

ssidiouss@mac.c

I've skipped animal kingdom on my last vacation and skipping again on my vacation this may. I used to like visiting but the fact that they leave a broken down yeti on their main attraction just leaves a bad taste in my mouth with that place. I know the park does well but I always recommend new people do universal over animal kingdom when asked.. broken yeti's for years and dinosaurs that go missing in action just makes it seem like disney doesn't care.. so why should the customers care to waste money there.

aaaa.jpg

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

When I saw it last week (twice on the morning of Wednesday, 5/8), it looked like there was some slight movement in the Yeti's hand (the one closest to the cars) -- nothing dramatic, just a gentle flexing. He was better lighted, too -- no flashing strobe, just very dimly lit with a steady light -- was it just a trick of his fur blowing in the breeze or the angle of my ride vehicle as it passed, or is there some minimal movement there? It's so hard to tell when you only get a flash-in-the-pan glance...

Magenta Panther

I've skipped animal kingdom on my last vacation and skipping again on my vacation this may. I used to like visiting but the fact that they leave a broken down yeti on their main attraction just leaves a bad taste in my mouth with that place. I know the park does well but I always recommend new people do universal over animal kingdom when asked.. broken yeti's for years and dinosaurs that go missing in action just makes it seem like disney doesn't care.. so why should the customers care to waste money there.

View attachment 52243

Couldn't have put it better myself. That's why I have skipped going to AK for the last 3 times I've been to WDW.

And this year, I'm not going to WDW at all, probably. I'm going to Universal. (Well, maybe I'll book a Meers transport to visit MK and see the Mine Train...but I will not be staying on WDW property. This is a first for me. And unless TDO shapes up, it won't be the last).

DinoInstitute

Me? Couldn't have put it worse myself. Why would you skip one of the best theme parks in the U.S. (ok, maybe just one of my favs) to visit Universal? It bothers me when people complain so much about the yeti. They are all just people that most likely haven't riden the ride and just want to complain and make it seem like Disney is worth nothing. Because if you actually ride it, you dont notice the yeti movement.

Sorry for the harsh-ish words, dont mean anything bad against either of you, but its just my opinion.

Last edited:

KingdomofDreams

When I saw it last week (twice on the morning of Wednesday, 5/8), it looked like there was some slight movement in the Yeti's hand (the one closest to the cars) -- nothing dramatic, just a gentle flexing. He was better lighted, too -- no flashing strobe, just very dimly lit with a steady light -- was it just a trick of his fur blowing in the breeze or the angle of my ride vehicle as it passed, or is there some minimal movement there? It's so hard to tell when you only get a flash-in-the-pan glance...

I hope they have at least done something with the lighting... something. We've ridden several times and have never really seen the Yeti. Last time, I could barely make out a shadow enough to tell it was there, but I wanted to really see it. I understand his movement was a problem, but is there some reason why they can't light him better?

Tom Morrow

Me? Couldn't have put it worse myself. Why would you skip one of the best theme parks in the U.S. (ok, maybe just one of my favs) to visit Universal? It bothers me when people complain so much about the yeti. They are all just people that most likely haven't riden the ride and just want to complain and make it seem like Disney is worth nothing. Because if you actually ride it, you dont notice the yeti movement.

Sorry for the harsh-ish words, dont mean anything bad against either of you, but its just my opinion.
If your choice was between DAK or ONE of the Universal parks, you'd be a fool to choose DAK. Same price, far fewer attractions.

DinoInstitute

Well, I get pretty bad motion sickness, so the majority of the rides, or at least good rides at Uni I can't even ride. I just have a better time at Disney overall. Just my opinion.

Cesar R M

I hope they have at least done something with the lighting... something. We've ridden several times and have never really seen the Yeti. Last time, I could barely make out a shadow enough to tell it was there, but I wanted to really see it. I understand his movement was a problem, but is there some reason why they can't light him better?
they might do that low lightning to keep a "mysterious aura" and pretty much hide the fact that the thing is static.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom