Spirited Spring Break News, Observations & Thoughts ...

Furiated

Oh, and while I love Lumiere and the wardrobe, to me, they are wasted in a meet-greet-and-dance-around-with-paper-masks.

This! We loved those and would love to see them again without having to sit through the awful toddlers school play that comes with it. I wish they had an option like the castle tour at FJ where you could walk through and enjoy the scenery/effects like the awesome mirror effect and Lumiere without having to endure the rest.

Soarin' Over Pgh

This! We loved those and would love to see them again without having to sit through the awful toddlers school play that comes with it. I wish they had an option like the castle tour at FJ where you could walk through and enjoy the scenery/effects like the awesome mirror effect and Lumiere without having to endure the rest.

Which is why I didn't see this at all my last trip- I wasn't going to wait in an hour long line with a ton of little kids for essentially a kid based show. Plus, I'd feel weird as I don't have kids and would be "that single person" standing in line. Awkward. I'd like to see the AAs, though. Oh well. Youtube.

When I first linked to that video earlier this afternoon she had 8 views. Eight. I bet about 50 of those views came from us here this afternoon. Her Chevy Impala review I linked had 59 views after being online since September, 2013.

Her page views will rise quickly thanks to us, because after just four days this little thread alone has over 50,000 views. And weekends are generally slow around here.

I have made a point of not looking at this thread for a few days just to see how the numbers are. I'm sure a great deal of us check this post constantly, which boosts the numbers up, but that still says an awful lot about how many folks are truly watching this thread. Even if the three dozen or so continuous posters on this thread check it, say, ten times a day, the overall 50K+ is a significant number.

And since I haven't checked it for a few days it took me about an hour to catch up. :\

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Great post. Great understanding of the situation.
I have you and the others who expose this nonsense to thank for my new found understanding of this sub culture of Disney fans. I have a good friend with a degree in sociology that I will be taking out for drinks to pick his brain and I'll probly have to hire a shrink for a session to make sure my brain isnt fried after what I have exposed it to over the weekend.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
I have visited the parks over a dozen times since MM+ opened to APs.

# of meals eaten in the parks, 0.0.

It s simply too easy to get a bite, spend your 2-4 hours in the park, and then leave to get food off site.

Stand by lines are too long to make anything outside the 3 FPs and a few stops in between to make it worth hanging out longer.

My average park visit spending has dropped by 75-85%.

Thank you MM+.

As a local that may work for you, for most guests though a quick 2-4 hour trip to WDW is impossible.

MM+ was not intended to benefit locals in my opinion, it was intended to maximize pre-trip planning done by out of town visitors be they once in a lifetime or repeat guests.

Captain Chaos

He released a new episode covering DCA 2.0 on Jan 28, 2014. Nothing new since then so I'm guessing they will be very infrequent if he even still has the fire in him to start up regularly again.
Thanks.. I'll have to keep checking out to see if there are new releases.

71jason

Lou is one of Disney's top BRAND Advocates, likely the No. 1.

No question he's #1. The guy actually draws a crowd as he walks around EPCOT. Same can't be said for Mrs. Ricky's husband (whose name came up in the other poster's post) or any other blogger I've seen.

Also, count me in the camp that doesn't believe he gets away with what he does without some sort of "unofficial official" status in TWDC.

danv3

He released a new episode covering DCA 2.0 on Jan 28, 2014. Nothing new since then so I'm guessing they will be very infrequent if he even still has the fire in him to start up regularly again.

Shortly after that he went on WDWToday and said he was trying to start it back up on at least a semi-regular basis. Obviously that hasn't happened yet, but I hope it does. I really enjoyed his show.

truecoat

No question he's #1. The guy actually draws a crowd as he walks around EPCOT. Same can't be said for Mrs. Ricky's husband (whose name came up in the other poster's post) or any other blogger I've seen.

Also, count me in the camp that doesn't believe he gets away with what he does without some sort of "unofficial official" status in TWDC.

Can you tell me why he calls it Double D W radio?

TP2000

I have made a point of not looking at this thread for a few days just to see how the numbers are. I'm sure a great deal of us check this post constantly, which boosts the numbers up, but that still says an awful lot about how many folks are truly watching this thread. Even if the three dozen or so continuous posters on this thread check it, say, ten times a day, the overall 50K+ is a significant number.

This thread jumped from 50,000 views on Sunday evening to 59,000 views by Monday mid afternoon. And Fadra's YouTube videos I linked to have exploded from her usual 25 to 50 views after six months online to a couple hundred views in just one day, apparently because I linked to them here. In less than 24 hours I doubled the views of her Chevrolet Impala review after it had been sitting on her blog for the past seven months. General Motors should let me drive the Mommy Blogger Loaner Impala next weekend! I promise to even look under the hood and use the word "engine" in my review.

And with deep regrets to @wdisney9000 I need to say a proper goodbye to Fadra (who, again, does genuinely seem like a nice lady) with her farewell blog video recap of the final day of Social Media Moms Conference 2014 at the Disneyland Resort.

Yesterday (Sunday) they had a 5K Fun Run for the ladies through both parks just prior to opening, followed by a breakfast reception for the runners and their families in Cars Land. Disney kept Cars Land closed for the first hour of DCA operation yesterday (and if you've ever seen the wild stampede for Cars Land at park opening you know that's like closing off Times Square at rush hour). They had a catered breakfast, meet n' greets with the Cars characters on Route 66, entertainment, and free rides without any lines while the maddening crowds were kept outside of the land by crowd control CM's. INSANE!

Watch the last 60 seconds of Fadra's farewell video at the 2:00 minute mark to get the summary. She gushes and thanks Disney profusely, which tells me she knows. But there are only 50 or less runners doing this. There are more CM's cheering them on than there are actual runners. And certainly more CM's staffing the entire event than there are runners and family members.

The last 60 seconds from the 2:00 minute mark sums it all up.

And for those who watched the full 3 minutes, what is up with that New Balance representative who has that horrible Kardashian whiny accent?!?

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I used to listen to it regularly when there was more news involved. Now it's just a promotion vehicle for Disney so it's far less compelling. The only real Disney podcasts that I enjoy are Wedway/Wedway Now and the occasional WDW today episode. Anyone have some good recos for other good Disney Park focused podcasts?
The Season Pass Podcast is not exclusively Disney but has a fantastic archive of interviews with people from the industry, including plenty of known Imagineers.

Stevek

The Season Pass Podcast is not exclusively Disney but has a fantastic archive of interviews with people from the industry, including plenty of known Imagineers.

Have heard that one a couple of times. They did a great interview with Tony Baxter a few months ago.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I don't get why we're continually linking to these women and giving them hits/views.

Thanks to (mostly) us, she has had more views in the last 24 hours than she has ever seen. She has now had a (very) small taste of what it likes to be a social media presence. This brings up 2 important questions.

Does she know that her number of views is thanks to her name being dropped here on wdwmagic?

The second question kinda scares me. When her number of views is back to normal next month, will she and/or Disney social media credit the rise in views as a result of her being at the social media mom's event and label it a success which in turn will lead to them believing that these events actually produce results? Let's face it, if 54 lousy views on youtube was enough for Disney to consider her online presence worthy of a free magical weekend that only a true 1-percenter could afford, then a sudden uptick of 400+ views could possibly have them salivating... and already planning additional events? I say it scares me in the sense that we may have very well exacerbated the situation 10 fold.

njDizFan

Was not effective because it died long before ti even got started... It was a good idea, just never carried out to full potential.. I'm sure it is because most of the people involved have real lives, unlike others who can spend 24/7 camped out in front of bathrooms so they can say they were the first ones to take that oh so magical first dump and brag how the new toilets are much more magical that the older ones...

The Save WDW/Fix the Magic crowd needed someone with no life who would spend 24/7 at the parks detailing every case of poor show, horrible maintenance, etc to be successful...

Yes, that is pretty much the case. As one of the founders of Fix the Magic, it became apparently clear after spending a few months getting the online architecture in place that we needed reliable boots on the ground. Everyone was gung ho and all aboard as helpers but we never found the right people to step up. Us 3 were far from locals and we needed (in our estimates) at least 3-6 hardcore locals that could verify user information.

Our database would have been supported by users but verified by our people on site.

It was a great idea and we were willing to put in the work. And I do believe a site that was completely unbiased and only showed accurate defects and/or issues could have held some toes under the fire. for real change maybe not but who knows...you have to dream and all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom