New Maleficent Parks Costume

MissAlmyra

Loving the new look. As much as I like "classic" Maleficent, the fake chin and opaque green makeup has always been a bit distracting to me. The fabric texture on the new dress is absolutely stunning and that headpiece is unbelievable!

Marc Gil

I don't really mind this costume change while it's temporary.

They really need to update the original Maleficent costume. IMO, her face looks too "drag queen'ish" and the fabric of her cloak is too flashy and gaudy.

harveyt0206

I love the look of Maleficent in the original movie. I've never really fallen for the current theme park version. I always thought she looked like the love child of Jay Leno and the Wicked Witch of the West. I would support an update to the current theme park version. I'm sure if the new movie is a huge success it's probably inevitable that they will update the character.

Sped2424

I don't really mind this costume change while it's temporary.

They really need to update the original Maleficent costume. IMO, her face looks too "drag queen'ish" and the fabric of her cloak is too flashy and gaudy.
Maleficent-2.jpg

SLAYYYYY MAMA SLAYYY lol

Big Bad Wolf

Bring the latest updated costuming to the parks. Remember the parks at not considered a historical museum. Update! And ps....change the Matterhorn to a new Frozen themed ride for Disneyland's 60th celebration!

Californian Elitist

Bring the latest updated costuming to the parks. Remember the parks at not considered a historical museum. Update! And ps....change the Matterhorn to a new Frozen themed ride for Disneyland's 60th celebration!

This almost made me vomit. No, no, Gosh, just NO. Not only is that idea really bad, but it doesn't make sense. The Matterhorn is in Switzerland, Frozen takes place in Norway.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Blu-Rays and HDTVs do a better job reproducing the original Technicolor film colors, but it takes some work to calibrate you HDTV so it doesn't look crazy

The problem is the CONTENT keeps changing. When they digitize and remaster these films they mess with the coloring, white balance, etc. Digital sets can be more CONSISTENT than their analog counter parts (NTSC = Never the same color..) but here the discussion flies about the digitization and 'restoration' choices.

FigmentJedi

See the issue here is that the maleficent character we currently have looks awful, where as this one is miles better. The same cannot be said for burtons hatter.
Yeah, it's accurate to the live-action film, but the live-action film's costume loses so much of the original character's presence. Not to mention how at best, this Maleficent is gonna act more like a sarcastic Disney Princess what with the live-action film's emphasis on Maleficent as this tragic special snowflake that was bullied by the other fairies and had her wings taken from her, and has her shapeshifting raven lover turn into a dragon instead of doing things herself instead of, pardon the ancient meme, doing all that evil spiteful stuff for the lulz.

Sped2424

Yeah, it's accurate to the live-action film, but the live-action film's costume loses so much of the original character's presence. Not to mention how at best, this Maleficent is gonna act more like a sarcastic Disney Princess what with the live-action film's emphasis on Maleficent as this tragic special snowflake that was bullied by the other fairies and had her wings taken from her, and has her shapeshifting raven lover turn into a dragon instead of doing things herself instead of, pardon the ancient meme, doing all that evil spiteful stuff for the lulz.
Sounds like a personal issue rather than a legitimate one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom