Walt Disney World theme park parking fees set to rise tomorrow

BigTxEars

Yeah... DH and I are going to DTD one night while we are there in June, and I figure we're going for dinner, ice cream, and maybe a few drinks at best. At least we will have a safe way to get back to the hotel after drinking ;)

The boats? Those are a awesome way to get to and from DTD :)

cw1982

The boats? Those are a awesome way to get to and from DTD :)

That would be fun... and I can totally see us taking a lap around the lake in one of those boats just to say we did LOL; but no, we are staying at the Pop, so our only way to get to our room will be a bus.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Uh OK...sensing some DTD hate here.....

We have plans next trip for shopping, Ragland Road and Splitsville! At night no less! :)

Assuming of course they are still open... Actually I LIKED DTD before the construction disaster zone it has become. Now we will need to see what comes of this project, My expectations are low... Hopefully TDO meets them.

BigTxEars

Assuming of course they are still open... Actually I LIKED DTD before the construction disaster zone it has become. Now we will need to see what comes of this project, My expectations are low... Hopefully TDO meets them.

You want them to meet you low expectations? LOL I give you full credit in the bitter category!

The_CEO

This is not true given our progressive tax system that provides a windfall to the destitute via tax refunds. This is why Disney has been able to get away with all the price hikes and keep the parks full. Disney knows that the poor are not financially responsible and will continue to pay these prices. Once our tax system returns to normalcy, the poor will be taken out of the equation, visitation will decrease and prices will follow suit (or at least not increase like they have over the last 5 years).
Right in inline with the whole " charge now , pay later" motto.

Cesar R M

Its magical asphalt
gQVLhrU.gif

you... you.....

You mean there USED to be these things at DTD... Now its free parking and construction walls
Speaking of Parking, how long do you think until they start cutting trees or do the smart thing and build decked parking?

DManRightHere

Agreed 17 to park when your paying 95 per is ludacris.

But why not the comparison? Universal is simply whooping Disney right now and I'm just pointing out that Universal makes the price worth it.

Yes universal is definitely ramping things up, but their size is not really much to Disneys resort size. Disney is doing a lot of infrastructure work and I'm super glad to see it, and I hope they do more. If I had to say who is spending more money on their resort it is disney.

I know everyone wants attractions and I do too, but it's nice to see them address logistic issues. I'm still really hoping to hear a star wars land announcement and monorail refurbishment/replacement in the next year and a half, along with a new epcot attraction...then I will say disney is on track.

FettFan

Okay so why the up in price?

Are they hiring extra security with this money?
Pay raises for existing security?
Sneaky underhanded way of trying to get more people in the resorts? (5 days worth of parking = $85 = extra night in a value resort)

Or are they just being money grbbing corporate buttholes?

CohibaMan

Disney is a bunch of greedy jerks. Why do they keep raising their prices? Simply, because they can. It's like I always tell my disgruntled co-workers, you only have two options. You can grin and bear and make the best of it, or you can quit and leave. Things will not improve. They will either stay the same or get worse. Well, the same holds true with Disney. Prices will only continue to rise. Not just rise, but balloon at a pace completely separate from standard cost of living increases or any other product or service. So, you only have two options. Grin and bear or quit them. That's all.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Now I want to ride Ripsaw Falls :( Man I love that thing! And Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges...and have lunch at that burger place near Jurassic Park, the one with the patio over looking the water.....Love that view :)
Made the mistake of riding Ripsaw Falls first thing in the morning:facepalm:... was soaked til 8pm that night! Never again! :hilarious:

WDWoptmist

I am an AP so this has no effect on me but if someone pays $100 per ticket parking should be free c'mon Disney make people feel like they are getting something for free right at the beginning of their day instead of feeling like they are already getting nickeled and dimed before they even get in the gates

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom