Flying in the night before

Brian & Jill

Original Poster
We are flying down the night before our May cruise. We are staying right at Orlando Airport and I have a couple of questions:

1- What is the earliest time we can take our luggage down to the DCL bus check-in?

2-What time does the first bus leave MCO for Port Canaveral?

It's only me and my wife so dealing with our luggage is no big deal.

Thanks for any help and suggestions!!!

Disneyfalcon

We are flying down the night before our May cruise. We are staying right at Orlando Airport and I have a couple of questions:

1- What is the earliest time we can take our luggage down to the DCL bus check-in?

2-What time does the first bus leave MCO for Port Canaveral?

It's only me and my wife so dealing with our luggage is no big deal.

Thanks for any help and suggestions!!!

If you are staying at the Hyatt, they will pick up your bags from your room! You need to have them ready by 8:30.
The bus check in desk opens a little before 9 and they start leaving as soon as they fill up. :)

sweetpee_1993

We were too nervous with our bags so we hauled 'em down to the DCL bus check-in ourselves. If you're going to let Hyatt handle them be sure to tell the front desk people you're doing a Disney cruise when you check-in. They'll give you all the info & instructions you need. We hauled all our stuff down probably around 8-ish. We checked in when the desk opened maybe around 8:30. The buses started running later than usual the time we took the transfers from the airport. We were on the first bus that didn't leave until about 9:30.

Disneyfalcon

We were too nervous with our bags so we hauled 'em down to the DCL bus check-in ourselves. If you're going to let Hyatt handle them be sure to tell the front desk people you're doing a Disney cruise when you check-in. They'll give you all the info & instructions you need. We hauled all our stuff down probably around 8-ish. We checked in when the desk opened maybe around 8:30. The buses started running later than usual the time we took the transfers from the airport. We were on the first bus that didn't leave until about 9:30.

My parents did the same! They were worried about their bags making it too. They actually ran into one of the guys collecting luggage and gave it to him directly. :)

We weren't worried. I keep valuables (i.e. camera and laptop) with me anyway, so we left our bags. No problem.

Brian & Jill

Original Poster
We to are also kinda nervous about leaving our luggage,so we will probably also take our bags down ourselves.
It's only the 2 of us and we are used to handling our luggage.

sweetpee_1993

My parents did the same! They were worried about their bags making it too. They actually ran into one of the guys collecting luggage and gave it to him directly. :)

We weren't worried. I keep valuables (i.e. camera and laptop) with me anyway, so we left our bags. No problem.
I think my hesitation comes from that trip to WDW where some of our luggage didn't make it on the plane so we had a day without. What if for some reason the bags didn't make it on the ship?!?? Yikes! Now THAT is scary!

EOD K9

I think my hesitation comes from that trip to WDW where some of our luggage didn't make it on the plane so we had a day without. What if for some reason the bags didn't make it on the ship?!?? Yikes! Now THAT is scary!
You mean you wouldn't be happy with the fine selection of clothing they have on board to get you through the cruise?

MaryJaneP

We stayed at hyatt MCO this past summer the night before a DCL cruise (Fantasy). We had the hyatt handle our bags to the cruise. We were somewhat nervous about them handling everything but it worked out very well. We were at desk at a little after 9 am, got in line, and caught maybe the third bus to the port. Very awesome, very relaxing, all was taken care of by others, we had an incredible trip. We enjoyed meal at the restaurant overlooking the runway at the hyatt the night before as a great way to start the trip. Highly recommend

ChuckElias

We don't have any problem wearing Mickey clothes and we can rent formal wear from the ship...I think
I've seen the Palo staff sending men to the shops to buy dress pants. :)
Here is some info from the FAQ from Cruiseline Formalwear, which is the company that DCL uses for formal rentals. This is taken from http://www.cruiselineformal.com/cf_pages/?c=dcl :

"7 Q. How much time in advance do you need for me to place an order?

A. The answer to this question varies according to the port of embarkation. Most sailings require orders to be placed one week prior to sailing. Some cruises such as South American, European, South Pacific and other exotic destinations require orders to be placed at least two weeks prior to sailing. Orders for end of year and holiday sailings should also be placed early. Please call our Customer Service Department at 1 800- 551-5091 and inquire about your specific cruise.

8 Q. Do you have tuxedo rentals on board?

A. There is inventory on board each ship to handle last minute orders and exchanges. The inventory is limited and is available on a first come first served basis so we recommend that you pre order your Tuxedo before you board. If you decide to rent your Tuxedo once on the ship, you may do so at the Guest Relations or Guest Services Desk.

Note: Children’s tuxedos are not available on board for rentals or exchanges."

Hope that's helpful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom