DVC perks on DCL...how do I let them know I am a member?

sydneymorganmom

Original Poster
I read that when a DVC member goes on a Disney cruise, they often get some small things like a magnet for your door, a welcome package, etc. When we booked our cruise they didn't ask us if we were members and we didn't use points to book it. I know that we should check the Navigator for the meet & greet but does anyone know how can we be added to "the list" for the other things?

Soarin Fan

We took our first cruise in January and we are DVC members but did not mention DVC when we booked or use points. There was a DVC magnet on our stateroom door when we first got to our room. A cast member also delivered DVC laynards to our room. We were surprised at both of those.

Disneyfalcon

They know! If you don't see anything on your door the first evening, you can stop by the DVC desk and make sure they know too.

EOD K9

I just sailed the Dream two weeks ago. I didn't sail on points either and did not tell them I was DVC. About three days prior to my sail date I received a phone call inviting me to the D Lounge for the member get together. On my door as well was the magnet. The next day there were lanyards in my room along with the coupon for a DVC exclusive pin. They know and it IS part of the Magic (the concept, not the ship in this case).

LSU_Tigger

When we sailed on the Dream, we used points. When we got to the room we had 2 DVC magnets on the door which made the circle that the room number is in look like a mickey mouse head, kids thought is was cool. We also got lanyards and an invitation to a DVC meet and greet with free champange. I believe we also got little gifts everyday like pins and stuff. It wasn't a lot of things but it was still cool and very well enjoyed. We will be taking a 7day on the Fantasy in May and can't wait to see what suprises we will have.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
When we sailed on the Dream, we used points. When we got to the room we had 2 DVC magnets on the door which made the circle that the room number is in look like a mickey mouse head, kids thought is was cool. We also got lanyards and an invitation to a DVC meet and greet with free champange. I believe we also got little gifts everyday like pins and stuff. It wasn't a lot of things but it was still cool and very well enjoyed. We will be taking a 7day on the Fantasy in M!ay and can't wait to see what suprises we will have.

Classy! I like your system better than mine, wherein I wear a sweatshirt that says, "Hey! I'm in DVC! Gimme some stuff!" I like your "flying under the radar approach." I may try it next time, since to be honest, my system seems to agitate some for a reason I can't fully comprehend.

Phonedave

You know, I didn't even think of it, but our first cruise was on points (the developers credits, we had to use them up). So of course on our first they knew we were DVC. I guess it is just tied to our CC# number.

-dave

tissandtully

Anyone know if they are still doing this? I'd love to get the Mickey pirate pin, even though it's pretty readily available, "free" is good :)

Disneyfalcon

They still are. Although amusingly enough, after me saying they always knew we were onboard, they haven't had me on the list the last three times I sailed! We just went and told them. :)

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Yep! Lol. I thought of this thread all 3 times.

I did the DVC member presentation last month on dream. There was giveaways, more giveaways, all you can drink cocktails on DVC. There is a DVC kiosk in the check in area where you can get a lanyard and the presentation time. Iirc there was a paper in the room with the time of it as well.

Disneyfalcon

I did the DVC member presentation last month on dream. There was giveaways, more giveaways, all you can drink cocktails on DVC. There is a DVC kiosk in the check in area where you can get a lanyard and the presentation time. Iirc there was a paper in the room with the time of it as well.

Yes we usually go to the presentation even when we don't get the paper! We never win the big prize though. :)

Disneyfalcon

There's a members only presentation, as well as a couple of other presentations to non members at other times during the cruise.

They are definitely trying to get you to add on (or buy at the latter), but they're always interesting. There's a big onboard credit giveaway and it's pretty easy to win one of the small gifts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom