Out with the Vikings, in with princess

mouse_luv

This is my reaction to this.:mad:. Norway is my fave country in the World Showcase other than Japan and that's partially bc of the history aspect. Well...so much for that!:banghead:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
So, I have a question about this. If they put the Frozen meet and greet in the Stave church, where are they going to fit all of the people who will wait. Since it's such a small area inside, the line will come out of the building but it would be in the way of either the cafe or the bathroom area...just wondering
Is there an exit out to where the Viking boat playground used to be?

MarkTwain

So, I have a question about this. If they put the Frozen meet and greet in the Stave church, where are they going to fit all of the people who will wait. Since it's such a small area inside, the line will come out of the building but it would be in the way of either the cafe or the bathroom area...just wondering

Wondering this as well. Doesn't seem like there would be room, considering Princess Fairytale Hall is seeing 45-60 minute waits on some days (and with multiple "rooms" per princess as well). That's a lot of queue space I don't see happening with the bathrooms and Puffin's Roost exit on either side of the Stave Church.

Sped2424

I don't know if anyone has seen the artwork for the movie at DHS animation building. The movie also features Trolls in the film....Hmm now what ride features trolls that prowl de waters edge?
33_Frozen.jpg
The movie feature trolls, lots and lots of ice and snow, mountains and greenery, I think they really crafted this film to kill maelstrom lol. Make the trolls loveable characters that people will know/want and boom its a done deal.

Sped2424

my guess is not the front side of the church, but the backside. they could theoretically fit a good amount of people in a line to wait around the building.

Megalodumb

Why all the hate? My two daughter dearests love meeting the princesses. This will be a fun addition to the Norway pavilion. Besides, who goes on vacation to see educational garbage?? I mean, how boring to walk through a room and look at historical nonsense. Disney is about princess and fantasy and making your dreams come true and princesses and happiness sparkles. Princess! If I wanted my offspring to learn about a bunch of dead peoples from some foreigner country, I'd enroll them in another history class rather than spending all the $$$$ for a Disney vacation.

And so ends my dramatized impersonation of the type of tourist I'd like to spit on right now.

The Duck

Why all the hate? My two daughter dearests love meeting the princesses. This will be a fun addition to the Norway pavilion. Besides, who goes on vacation to see educational garbage?? I mean, how boring to walk through a room and look at historical nonsense. Disney is about princess and fantasy and making your dreams come true and princesses and happiness sparkles. Princess! If I wanted my offspring to learn about a bunch of dead peoples from some foreigner country, I'd enroll them in another history class rather than spending all the $$$$ for a Disney vacation.

And so ends my dramatized impersonation of the type of tourist I'd like to spit on right now.
I almost spit on you for a moment or two.

Matt_Black

Do we actually know it's going to be a meet & greet? It could be an exhibit about the making of the film. "This is the cool stuff from Norway that we used to make this movie. If you'd like to learn more, consult your local library or visit Norway in person!"

The Empress Lilly

Do we actually know it's going to be a meet & greet? It could be an exhibit about the making of the film. "This is the cool stuff from Norway that we used to make this movie. If you'd like to learn more, consult your local library or visit Norway in person!"
I'm going by the average Disney standard. As of yet, Norwegian culture is brushed aside to host a princess character meal. I'll be happy to reconsider my opinion once I've seen what TDO has build.

It's true, there doesn't need to be a Viking exhibit in the church forever. If they replace it with a cool exhibit about a Disney movie that portrays Norway, then they deserve praise for installing a new exhibit.

Japan has a terrific exhibit about the origin of animated characters in Japanese mythology. If there is going to be a Norway exhibit in a somewhat similar vein, or even a cool exhibit about the movie itself, then praise be upon TDO! However, I'd sooner expect this to end with characters from Frozen to be added to the Maelstrom ride, like the Mexican boat ride.

Matt_Black

I'm going by the average Disney standard. As of yet, Norwegian culture is brushed aside to host a princess character meal. I'll be happy to reconsider my opinion once I've seen what TDO has build.

It's true, there doesn't need to be a Viking exhibit in the church forever. If they replace it with a cool exhibit about a Disney movie that portrays Norway, then they deserve praise for installing a new exhibit.

Japan has a terrific exhibit about the origin of animated characters in Japanese mythology. If there is going to be a Norway exhibit in a somewhat similar vein, or even a cool exhibit about the movie itself, then praise be upon TDO! However, I'd sooner expect this to end with characters from Frozen to be added to the Maelstrom ride, like the Mexican boat ride.

Man, the Mexico boat ride is getting A LOT of hate. I love it, but then I've always been a bit partial to The Three Caballeros and generally anything featuring Donald Duck.

And regarding the Japan exhibit? Bear in mind that the next animated feature draws heavily on Japanese culture, but since it's based on Marvel, it might be covered under the Universal contract.

The Empress Lilly

Man, the Mexico boat ride is getting A LOT of hate. I love it, but then I've always been a bit partial to The Three Caballeros and generally anything featuring Donald Duck.

And regarding the Japan exhibit? Bear in mind that the next animated feature draws heavily on Japanese culture, but since it's based on Marvel, it might be covered under the Universal contract.
I love Donald Duck, he's my all-time favourite Disney character. I also love the Rio Del Tiempo, a lovely little boat ride, a warm, sympathetic mix between Small World and If You Had Wings.

I hate the combination. I hate it with a passion.

'The History of Mexico Told Through Dance' :cat:
--->
'Donald's gone missing and Panchito needs YOU to find him!! Oh, and your finding him will consist of you sitting passively in a boat staring at a cartoon on tv as if you were at home' :grumpy:

Matt_Black

Please don't give the idiots running the asylum any more ideas ... I can totally see this idea making it out of a boardroom in corporate america.

Well, first the movie has to be a success. And we're talking at least Princess and the Frog numbers here, not Meet the Robinsons or Atlantis: The Lost Empire numbers.

The Empress Lilly

Well, first the movie has to be a success. And we're talking at least Princess and the Frog numbers here, not Meet the Robinsons or Atlantis: The Lost Empire numbers.
Well Tangled was awesome, the greatest movie ever. Wreck-it Ralph was quality too. I think we might be in with a real winner with Frozen, and a commercial succes too.

But oh the irony that that might be bad news for us Disney lovers!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom