PHOTOS - Polynesian Resort DVC construction

Tom

Beta Return
To assist those who may not know what they're looking at....

The black fabric is Silt Fence, which is installed around all construction sites to prevent eroding soils from running off into adjacent properties or waterways.

The stakes with yellow ribbons are marking the path of the new Fire Access Road, which will also be used as a guest pathway.

The little colored flags are showing where buried utilities are. Red = electrical lines. Orange = communications. Blue = water. Green = sewer.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
It's amazing how they can announce and immediately start building DVC but can't manage to build a new ride within the frame of a year.....or even a meet n greet.

Or in the case of avatar, two years since announcement and there's what? A single pole up to show for it? Sad.

:(
How many years do you think that this thing has been all drawn up on someone's drawing board waiting to go? I'll bet they've had a design for this sucker in the can since BLT at least, just waiting for the "right" time to churn it out and bring in more $.

Donfan

How many years do you think that this thing has been all drawn up on someone's drawing board waiting to go? I'll bet they've had a design for this sucker in the can since BLT at least, just waiting for the "right" time to churn it out and bring in more $.

Yep. And we know that they've already got the plans for the next one over at River Country.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Well, I'd rather have something there than what we have now.
In some respects yes. But what I'd rather have there would be what was there before.
If the DVC would somehow work River Country into the design (which from what I remember, was NOT on the table), I'd be fine.
Call me a grumpy old man (many have), but I miss River Country, and want it back, and nothing short of that will make me happy.

COProgressFan

In some respects yes. But what I'd rather have there would be what was there before.
If the DVC would somehow work River Country into the design (which from what I remember, was NOT on the table), I'd be fine.
Call me a grumpy old man (many have), but I miss River Country, and want it back, and nothing short of that will make me happy.

It's a shame what happened there. If they just closed it, knocked it down and moved on I'd feel slightly better about it, but closing it and letting it just sit there to rot in plain view (ok its technically behind fences, but you can see a lot of it depending on your vantage point) is just a disgrace.

That said, I am not in favor of a Fort Wilderness DVC at all, but if they are hell bent on doing it at some point, they certainly should have an old fashioned swimmin' hole as part of the project.

awilliams4

I don't know if this is true or not but on another thread it was suggested that the Bungalows were in the original Poly plans from way way back. In fact, the post suggested it was a Walt idea before ground was even broke in Florida. (before his 12/1966 passing of course)

ryguy

Just wondering why the plans were scaled back? Money? Waning interest in DVC? (I have no evidence of this), Loyal Polynesian fans complaining?

ToTBellHop

Just wondering why the plans were scaled back? Money? Waning interest in DVC? (I have no evidence of this), Loyal Polynesian fans complaining?
I believe the natives were angry.
320719625_4464abf7b1_z.jpg

PhilharMagician

The River Country plan for now is dead.

The plans for the Polynesian DVC have been drawn up since 2011 but have changed quite a bit in the last year to be much smaller.

Are you sure that the Ft Wilderness DVC plans are dead? They are just about out of deluxe accommodations to add on to and YC really does not have any room to work with. The proposal for FW while moving Pioneer hall makes no sense the plans did add on a lot of DVC room inventory which they honestly are not getting out of either the GF or Poly expansions since they both have space limitations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom