Transformers - What did you think?

luv

Original Poster
Here's my Transformers story. Please tell me yours.

Never saw the movie and didn't know anything about the Transformers before riding. I used the EP entrance, so may have missed whatever is in the regular queue.

I love what they do with the staff - the uniforms, the way they hurry everyone into their seating. It's fun! And it's cute. :)

I was delighted to see Glenn Morshower on the set-up video that plays on the many TV screens as you go through the queue. I was delighted to see the many screes, lol. Sometimes you go through a queue and can't see. This was nice. And it was captioned, which was nice because people talk through it. Glenn is one of my favorite actors, so that was a happy surprise...and he did a nice job, as always. The video did a nice job giving people like me, who have no clue about the Transformers, some idea of what the story was.

I was disappointed to see the garbage can stuffed full, with stuff on top of it and some on the floor. My mind immediately flashed to the Space Mountain queue. Clean it up, Uni!!!

The ride itself...

It's like Spider-Man, but not as fun. I had no idea what was going on or who any of those people/things were. There were a couple cool parts, like getting pulled by the rope and going down toward the ground, but mostly, I sat there thinking, "This is Spider-Man, but I'm confused."

I'll have to try again another day to see if I like it more. Very "meh" on my first experience. Maybe if I had understood the Transformers or wasn't already a big Spider-Man fan, it would have been different. I don't know much about other rides, like The Simpsons, Spider-Man, etc. I saw the Twister attraction before I'd seen the movie and enjoyed that. I figured not knowing anything about the Transformers wouldn't matter, but it may have worked against me here.

It's a good enough ride, but was not, for me, a big whup. On a scale of one to five whups, it gets a two.

Very curious about others' opinions. Did a search, couldn't find a thread.

Tom Morrow

I kind of had the same reaction as you on my first ride, @luv , hadn't watched the movies, wasn't quite sure what I was looking at, etc. But after riding it a few more times I have come to like it much more. I've decided that while Spider-Man is much better executed, Transformers is more thrilling.

boomerthom

They both make up my top 2 but I think I like TF a hair more. It's faster, the screens are bigger, and there's less downtime than in Spidey. Not that it matters a whole lot in a theme park attraction but I also like the setup a lot more. "GIANT ROBOTS. TIME TO SAVE THE WORLD" is much more exciting and clear than "Jump in this vehicle and...go take pictures...I guess?".

Not hating on Spidey. It has its clear advantages (the fireball and full 360 degree spins) but Transformers really wowed me. Universal is so dang lucky to have them, along with FJ. They're the holy trinity of dark rides imo, and are all at a single resort.

fosse76

It's like Spider-Man, but not as fun. I had no idea what was going on or who any of those people/things were. There were a couple cool parts, like getting pulled by the rope and going down toward the ground, but mostly, I sat there thinking, "This is Spider-Man, but I'm confused."
I felt the same way.

I'll have to try again another day to see if I like it more. Very "meh" on my first experience. Maybe if I had understood the Transformers or wasn't already a big Spider-Man fan, it would have been different. I don't know much about other rides, like The Simpsons, Spider-Man, etc. I saw the Twister attraction before I'd seen the movie and enjoyed that. I figured not knowing anything about the Transformers wouldn't matter, but it may have worked against me here.
I don't think you really need to have seen Twister to understand the attraction, because it really doesn't relate to the movie's central plot. But to be honest, I have seen all the Transformer movies, and still left this attraction thinking, meh, Spider-Man is better.

GLaDOS

Transformers is the best ride in its park and one of the top 10 rides I've ever been on across the globe. Truly a great attraction.

TalkingHead

Men in Black is close(also in my top 10 list), but Mummy's devolution from terrifically themed ride to funhouse roller coaster hurts it, and that ending. Ugh that ending.

Still, Transformers has more "wow" moments than MiB, so it wins out

I think you and I are the only ones who think Mummy is a bit lacking. It's never been a favorite of mine, though I find the ride fun enough. And, yes, that ending...yikes.

jensenrick

I loved it! I thought the queue did a great job of explaining who each of the characters were that would be seen on the ride. The ride itself is a thrill.

twebber55

Transformers is the best ride in its park and one of the top 10 rides I've ever been on across the globe. Truly a great attraction.
agree..whats crazy is mummy is one of my all time favorite rides anywhere and after next summer it may be number 4 on my list at USF, crazy....

JohnnyDollaz89

ed i'm missing this this year since we're only doing WDW for a week this year. Last year we did Universal for 4 days so we switched it up, probably better off we wait a year before going back down there again since I imagine the line for this is ridiculous.

But when it comes to this ride, is it really better than Spider-Man or The Simpsons?

luv

Original Poster
ed i'm missing this this year since we're only doing WDW for a week this year. Last year we did Universal for 4 days so we switched it up, probably better off we wait a year before going back down there again since I imagine the line for this is ridiculous.

But when it comes to this ride, is it really better than Spider-Man or The Simpsons?
Not in my opinion, but it's really popular!

inchy warrior

Im at universal in November and as I am a bit of a scaredy cat is it more intense than spiderman? I love spidey but Im a bit apprehensive of going on transformers if there are a lot of 360 spins

luv

Original Poster
Im at universal in November and as I am a bit of a scaredy cat is it more intense than spiderman? I love spidey but Im a bit apprehensive of going on transformers if there are a lot of 360 spins
It's very similar to Spider-Man. If you can ride Spidey, you can ride this. :)

Let us know how you liked it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom