myMagic+ Upcoming Test(s)

Bill G 1979

We even modified our FP+ selections on the monorail ride to MK, and again once we were in the park. Loved it.
I'm very excited about the whole program, I do agree with some posters that only being able to do 3 fastpasses is a bit of a pain, but I have to admit the idea of not having to be at the park at gates up and running around to gather fastpasses is a major relief and being able to select our top 3 rides at each park in advance has been great. I'm hoping to be able to use the app in the parks, but the app and I have not gotten along to well :+)

Bill G 1979

Thanks...Just been wondering how far out people are able to get to choose their fastpasses since I'm now under 60 days (haven't been asked to participate as of yet) - my reservation at Pop isn't until second week October...I've already checked in online and have my pin code, so they're ready to take all my money!

I wish they would let me know, so I can plan my hopping days b/c if I can reserve passes in the afternoon, it would change which park I go to at particular times.
If I was a betting man, I would say that the whole program would be fully live by October. I'm 18 days out now, so i would keep checking every day but it appears that Disney has been waiting until people are about 20 days before opening up the fastpass+/magicband selection link on the website. Again that's just my observation, so nothing set in stone with that, it just seems that many people have started being able to make their selections around that mark. Good luck to you!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I'm very excited about the whole program, I do agree with some posters that only being able to do 3 fastpasses is a bit of a pain, but I have to admit the idea of not having to be at the park at gates up and running around to gather fastpasses is a major relief and being able to select our top 3 rides at each park in advance has been great. I'm hoping to be able to use the app in the parks, but the app and I have not gotten along to well :+)
The app can be a pain in the butt. We were able to get paper fastpasses in addition to our FP+ because we have APs...that was great, but I know that won't last long :arghh:

ExtinctJenn

Checking into AKL on Sept 2 and checking out on Sept 9 and yesterday we were able to make our fastpass+ selections and order our magicbands....So I would assume that that it is rolling out, or they could still be testing it, either way it would appear that its becoming more common to see magicbands than it is not to see them.
We made our reservations last December, made final payment in June and found out we could make our fastpass+ selections yesterday. I logged onto the "mydisneyexperience" website and clicked on the fastpass+ button (its been there for about 2 weeks but it never let me do anything) and then finally yesterday it popped up with the dates of my reservation and it let me make my selections. BTW it was the easiest thing to do and I even went in today and modified a couple choices and again it couldn't be any easier. After I made my fastpass+ selections I noticed that the "magicband" link was now saying "modify magicbands," so I clicked on it and sure enough I was able to customize all three magicbands and according to the website today, they were shipped and I should receive them in a few days.
Interesting! So it seems maybe those of us who have booked a trip should keep trying to click those links on the "My Disney Experience" page every now and then huh?

stevehousse

Even though there is a chance the system might have glitches I am eager to try out the new experience and hope that my resort will be testing in November...I do like that I don't have to run to get FP anymore I just wish there was a higher number of passs you could get. I think it should be 5...

cmybliss

I am booked for Pop Century arriving 9/20-9/26 and was just able to select my FP+. However, I still can't select Magic Bands.

I'm arriving at POP one day after you and was able to do the same. I spoke with a CM when I called about something else the other day who seemed to think Magic Bands would be available to all POP guests by then. I'm wondering if they're going to roll out widespread use of them slowly starting with the test resorts.

YankeeMouse

CBR Sept 26. No magic band for me, I'm a lowly Annual Passholder, but I still am unable to to select FP+. But PC for same dates is allowed in? Must I be eligible for the Magic Band as of now to be able to book FP+?? AP holders must still use the card but can't we access FP+ without the band while we wait for us to be eligible?

Tom

Beta Return
I'm going in September and staying on site, will I still have the choice of Magic Band or KTTW card?

Which resort are you staying at?

By default, you will still get a KttW card. If you're staying at one of the resorts participating in the test, you'll be contacted directly by Disney and offered the chance to participate.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm going to WDW in December, do you think I'll be called to do testing or will the mymagic+ already be available? I did notice on my account on WDW that I have the option to link tickets and design custom magic bands. If I purchase my tickets now, will I still get the option to do this? And will it work? Has anyone tried it before?

I had purchased park tickets for my upcoming trip in November over the phone and had a will call pickup number to get them when I got to the hotel. Yesterday I successfully linked the tickets to my account along with my ADRs, but the option to customize the bands appears to not be active unless you are selected to participate. I'm pretty sure with all the glitches they will still be in testing phase for a while so its likely that it won't be fully rolled out by your trip, but you never know. I'm sure testing will be expanded to more resorts as time goes on too.

Animaniac93-98

Which resort are you staying at?

By default, you will still get a KttW card. If you're staying at one of the resorts participating in the test, you'll be contacted directly by Disney and offered the chance to participate.

Pop. Should check my email about that.

Edit: Nothing yet.

Tom

Beta Return
Pop. Should check my email about that.

Yeah, check your e-mail, but also log into your My Disney Experience account often. People have been reporting that Magic Band selection and FP+ info pops up in their online account before Disney has a chance to even get a hold of them.

Animaniac93-98

Yeah, check your e-mail, but also log into your My Disney Experience account often. People have been reporting that Magic Band selection and FP+ info pops up in their online account before Disney has a chance to even get a hold of them.

I went to my account and it said that neither an order for Magic Band or card had been made, so I think I'm still good for having a KTTW option.

Tried to do Fastpass+ to see if it would be offered druing MNSSHP (not that Fastpass has ever been offered for those events, but I'm curious to see if thats changed this year), but it wouldn't even let my change the posted week from this one to check. Just kept getting redierected to the home page, or logged out.

ExtinctJenn

Ok so I will definitely be checking the page every few days. Looks like September arrivals are suddenly the ones popping up so seems right now it's a month ahead of your arrival you can go in and do it. We arrive in December but doesn't hurt to try at least once a week or so between now and then. I honestly think, based on the official statements that it's going live later this year, there's no chance we won't be experiencing it but anything is possible!

RSoxNo1

We even modified our FP+ selections on the monorail ride to MK, and again once we were in the park. Loved it.
It's a lot easier when you're not competing with 40,000 people that all have advanced access to the FP+ system.

The more I think about it, the more I think that in addition to doing away with advanced bookings, they need to retain the paper slips as well. Guests need to have them as a reminder because not every guest will use their phone. If they use the in park kiosks they get a piece of paper, if they use their smart phone, they can use the bands. Both ways should be available and once again, it should all only be available day of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom