Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mouse Detective

In all the years of Universal I never had seen the Horror Make-Up Show until this January. Just like you said, it's terrific. Truly one of the most entertaining theme park shows that I've ever seen. I was absolutely impressed by the actors and I guess you'd say their energy. They were just really into their roles and it was quite entertaining. This coming from someone who typically bemoans stage shows at parks.

OMG, I've sat through the Horror Make Up show close to 50 times! It is hilarious no matter how many times one watches it!

Funmeister

No more details other than the fact Universal has in fact been discussing it. I originally heard anchor for a 3rd gate, but Toon Lagoon has also been mentioned as a location. But that's all old news.

The new thing is that the rumor is still alive.

ANy other rumor tidbits you can throw our way? Monorail? Other IP being considered? New Water Park Theme? Monorail? 3rd Gate?

Disneyhead'71

OMG, I've sat through the Horror Make Up show close to 50 times! It is hilarious no matter how many times one watches it!
"Ding Dong,
ANy other rumor tidbits you can throw our way? Monorail? Other IP being considered? New Water Park Theme? Monorail? 3rd Gate?
From what Spirit said earlier in the thread, there is a Monorail coming. No clue on the Waterpark Theme. And the only other IP I have heard of is a blue sky concept for the remainder of Lost Continent with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. And of course there are the ever present 3rd gate chatter.

disney fan 13

I'd rather LOTR anchor a 3rd park, if one ever happens... if not, then LC should be the choice... it is a shell of what it once was...

Posideon could be made good. ( or keep the queue and make a ride based on Posideon) but again, I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Disneyhead'71

The problem with the 3rd gate plan though is that right now the 3rd gate comes after reassessing where they are around 2020. If they get their hands on the IP, they will want to do something with it before then and they may not even build a 3rd gate.

Cody5242

Toon Lagoon is not big enough to build a Middl Earth land in my opinion, unless they use some backstage areas. Use the IP as the main draw for the 3rd gate

Funmeister

"Ding Dong,

From what Spirit said earlier in the thread, there is a Monorail coming. No clue on the Waterpark Theme. And the only other IP I have heard of is a blue sky concept for the remainder of Lost Continent with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. And of course there are the ever present 3rd gate chatter.

Couldn't they use the remainder of Lost Continent for more Potter expansion? I know a certain special effects show that would be awesome as a battle between Harry and Voldemort.

manutdfan1

Toon Lagoon is not big enough to build a Middl Earth land in my opinion, unless they use some backstage areas. Use the IP as the main draw for the 3rd gate

If Universal acquired the theme park rights to LOTR, there is no way they could ever build all of Middle Earth without devoting an entire park to it, so I think that point is moot. I think Toon Lagoon would be plenty of room for a Hobbiton, Rivendale, Minas Tirith, or Edoras.

However, I honestly think there is no place in Middle Earth to placemake that stands out above others in the series. If any theme park ever decides to devote a land/attraction to the series, it will be interesting to see how they tackle it.

Turtle

I have full confidence in the movie because Genndy Tartakovsky is directing it and the guy who created Samurai Jack and Dexter's Lab seems like a pretty good choice for taking on a property that meshes well with action scenes ranging from comedic to awesome.
You mean the same guy that made Hotel Transylvania? I'd have confidence in his TV work but I'd be a bit cautious

John

For those of you who believe in such things.....please pray with me....Dear God, Please help @WDW1974 come and rescue his thread. For the love of the 7lb baby Jesus...make them stop. I cant take it anymore. I truly love you all and understand that there simply very little to discuss when it comes to all things WDW. But never in my time here on the Magic have I seen thread drift and just utter crap being discussed. Don't take it personal....I have thrown my share of brown stuff on the blue pages myself. Hate 74 if you want but the dude brings substance.

You say there are other threads to visit?.....yea.....tried that. Like how wonderful it is to stay on property for three weeks?......no thanks. I love ya 74....but you started this thing and we are on your fourth thread. No cowboy up and give us the Blurred Line....( yes, I dig that song/video).

ctxak98

That's fine. I love the Hulk's abstract nature and the way it makes you use your imagination, personally.
imagination is right....
This argument is old and tired. And annoying.

No, The Incredible Hulk Coaster is not a lavishly themed dark-ride through multiple sets. Sorry. It does not have some of the greatest theming in the park either. The queue is nice, but the loud cartoon does not describe the story that well. Yes, it has a bare track, BUT SO WHAT?

It's purpose is to be a powerful roller coaster which helps to dominate Marvel Super Hero Island, and even the whole park. It accomplishes this well. The launch tube has lighting effects and audio effects. The exterior of the tube is themed well and it looks freakin' cool. The way that the coaster interacts with it's surroundings is superb. The coaster is visually stunning, but yet powerful.

Like I said, the Hulk does not have the most "impressive" or "immersive" theming, but for a larger roller coaster, it is themed just fine.

If you want a really well themed roller coaster, you have Big Thunder Mountain, Revenge of the Mummy and Expedition Everest. The Hulk is not as well themed as these coasters, but it wasn't made to be.
but that's exactly it IMO. Its in a theme park so why didn't they just go that extra mile and make it themed better!? Idk I can see where it looks artistic on a roller coaster track level...but it still is an exposed coaster.....like every six flags ride. Its ok if they had one but they honestly have 3 more just like that.

culturenthrills

Exposed coaster track isn't a bad thing, IMO. It's fun and exciting. What Sea World did with Manta is awesome - the way it comes twirling through over people's heads. Lots of folks stop to watch it go by. Very cool.

I have no problems at all with coasters in parks...and actually enjoy it. Even when I'm too old to ride them, I think I'll still enjoy seeing them. :) I can't ride Hulk now, but still like to see it.

Having collected Smurfs even before they had a TV show, I'd love to see a little smurf ride...or smurf scene at the end of a ride, much like the munchkin scene at the end of TGMR. I think it would be adorable. They could even pump in that "La-la, la-la la-la, la, la-la la-la" stuff. I'm not sure how much today's kids are into smurfs, though.

There once was a Smurf ride at Kings Dominion in Virginia called Smurf Mountain. Of course before that it was The Land of the Dooz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom