How MyMagic+ handles attraction closures with FASTPASS+

SirLink

Be sure to queue up in Guest Relations to let them know of this tragedy...

Don't worry my deeply discounted UK tickets will be comped in 3 days using FP+ but who says I want to even use FP+. Actually who says I want to even visit WDW - when I have the superior St.Augustine + UOR to play with.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
As an end-of-the-day scenario, it's not bad.

As a "Ha! Ha! We punked you!" scenario earlier in the day, it's terrible. Family thinks they're going to ride Space Mountain, but then can't. Being given another FP (that they've already learned they cannot count on) will not be a huge bonus.

If the ride breaks down, I think people should be able to ride it when it comes back up.

I really think that if these FPs can't be relied upon, it will totally backfire for Disney.

And if I were planning and knew that they couldn't be counted on, I'd plan like they didn't exist, with Space Mountain first, Splash second, etc. no way I'd take a chance on missing Space or having to wait 80 minutes for it.

Also, knowing that they can't be relied on, it would never be seen as a perk to staying in a wdw hotel. For me, anyway.
The current FP can't be relied on either though. If Space goes down at say 2pm, are you just going to wait outside all day long in the hope that it reopens? Doesn't sound like a good way to spend a day. If you did want to do that, one option of course would be to wait in the standby line, and soon as it reopens you would be one of the first to enter, as most people would leave the standby queue during an extended breakdown.

orky8

I think people need a perspective check here tho... are we talking about losing a limb? Are people equally emotionally scarred from the past when they walked by an attraction.. opt'ing to skip it.. and then finding out when they came back later that the attraction was closed? Or that after years of waiting to goto Disney.. they find out their favorite attraction is closed during that time.

At the end of the day.. we're talking about waiting in a shorter line. If something happens and we can't do that.. I hope people keep some perspective before they storm City Hall as if Donald had just stolen their wallet.

If something is that critical to someone... just wait in line. Obviously that is the lesser of emotional evils than missing the attraction.

Children are starving in China. What's your point? If there are worse ails in the world we should cease discussion of any topic at hand?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Children are starving in China. What's your point? If there are worse ails in the world we should cease discussion of any topic at hand?

Did I call for an end to the discussion?

Or perspective on what your actual impact is?

There's that pesky reading thing you brought up....

luv

The current FP can't be relied on either though. If Space goes down at say 2pm, are you just going to wait outside all day long in the hope that it reopens? Doesn't sound like a good way to spend a day. If you did want to do that, one option of course would be to wait in the standby line, and soon as it reopens you would be one of the first to enter, as most people would leave the standby queue during an extended breakdown.
Don't love the current system, but at least if you keep crossing the park or waiting in line to check with store clerks, you can find out that the ride has re-opened and go ride it. It was better when the FPs were honored later, if the ride wasn't working during the window.

This thing where they just say, "Too bad, so sad, you lose," is going to disappoint vacationers, I think.

Not honoring their end of the deal will backfire on Disney, I think.

This whole thing is begging the question, "Just how often do the rides break down?" and will certainly get planners asking that and discussing it a lot, which is probably not what Disney wants, either.

John

You can slice and dice this thing anyyyyyyyway you want to. But the truth is there are going to be disappointed and upset guest. Is this the guest fault? Is it just dumb luck? Should we just accept it as a problem out of anyones control and say ..."oh well" we have a fastpass for a lesser attraction? I just think it is a bad idea to set a system up that has so many variables and that is so complicated. This system might be the best thing since sliced bread but even the most ardent supporters cant disagree that there is room enough in the system to it ending up a cluster....you know what.

Not to mention the learning curve of the guest. No matter how simple the system might be to some...to others it will look like Chinese math. Again, is that really a good way to operate your business dependent on customer service? Me... I just am not going to participate. I am sure no one cars and in fact are happy because that is one less FP+ allocated. I have been enough times and have ridden everything that I don't HAVE to ride anything in particular to make my trip.... those days are over. I am dumping my days at WDW for other things. Take that magic band!

devoy1701

You can slice and dice this thing anyyyyyyyway you want to. But the truth is there are going to be disappointed and upset guest. Is this the guest fault? Is it just dumb luck? Should we just accept it as a problem out of anyones control and say ..."oh well" we have a fastpass for a lesser attraction? I just think it is a bad idea to set a system up that has so many variables and that is so complicated. This system might be the best thing since sliced bread but even the most ardent supporters cant disagree that there is room enough in the system to it ending up a cluster....you know what.

Not to mention the learning curve of the guest. No matter how simple the system might be to some...to others it will look like Chinese math. Again, is that really a good way to operate your business dependent on customer service? Me... I just am not going to participate. I am sure no one cars and in fact are happy because that is one less FP+ allocated. I have been enough times and have ridden everything that I don't HAVE to ride anything in particular to make my trip.... those days are over. I am dumping my days at WDW for other things. Take that magic band!

Disneyland is quite nice. No FP+ there!

I was in Epcot this past Friday after not being in a WDW in over 3 years (my company paid for it). Personal choice because of rising prices and stale offerings. I realized that I hadn't missed a single thing, and that Future World actually looked worse than I had remembered it. I don't think I'll be back anytime soon...atleast not on my own dime.

sloppy.joey

This sounds great and helps explain the large increase in FP attractions. It will definitely save th cm's some headaches with dealing with the huge influx of FP, as the FP line often quickley fills up and standby becomes stand still. This new system will only interfere with this scheduled FP's and still let them experience a different attraction with minimal wait.

devoy1701

This sounds great and helps explain the large increase in FP attractions. It will definitely save th cm's some headaches with dealing with the huge influx of FP, as the FP line often quickley fills up and standby becomes stand still. This new system will only interfere with this scheduled FP's and still let them experience a different attraction with minimal wait.

^ TDO Plant.

:greedy:

fosse76

You have that problem right now though. If you hold a FP for Space Mountain tonight and it closes at your FP window due to tech problems what are you going to do? At least with this system you get a FP credit for something else. With the current system you get nothing.

Well currently, you can always come back later and use the FP when it reopens. This potentially shuts you out completely from the attraction. And considering the number of times these attractions break down in a day, I'd say a lot of people are going to be shut-out of using FPs at the attractions that are really desireable.

fosse76

You are assuming that they will allow every e-ticket to be booked to capacity in advance. Nothing I have seen so far, both official and under the table, leads me to believe that they will do this. Unlike a restaurant where profit is on the line with every seat, there is no financial incentive to book out an attraction to 100% capacity in advance. If anything, there is incentive not to.

This really is the post of an apologist. They don't block out a bunch of tables for same-day dining at any of the TS restaurants, so what makes anyone think that they will reserve FP slots for same day reservations? It's a ridiculous assumption that they would leave some FPs for same-day availability. And what incentive would they have not to? People can't reserve FPs until they have their ticket media, so they won't be able to base their decisions to book a WDW trip on the availability of FPs.

Nubs70

A question in regards to our international guests.

Will this notification be send over wireless or by Wi-Fi? If the notification is sent as a wireless push, the international guest will incur a fee on every notification, under the assumption that the international guest does not have an international phone plan.

Timekeeper

Not all attraction closures are anticipated. How often have we wandered up to our favorite attraction only to find out that it is experiencing "technical difficulties"... :arghh:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom