Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

aladdin2007

Many, many moons ago it was rumored that Imagination was getting a Monsters Inc. overlay. It may have been before the most recent refurb.

I may have missed it in my scanning of this and the double quickie thread, but is opening up the top floor playground part of the Imagination refurb?

No sadly it was stated in the other thread that the upstairs will not return in any form.

Yensid1974

Want...need...some love for my favorite ride.
Hey, TDO...remember that Jungle refurb you've been bumping for years now? Stop.

Well, we are going down for six weeks starting in August and I am sure all of the things you want done will happen ;)

nytimez

Oil... Ugh... There is no reason to continue buying it from OPEC when we are a large producer. Explain how we drill our own oil and sell it to other countries and then we buy from others.

Because "we" don't drill "our" oil.

We basically pay big oil companies (in the form of massive subsidies and even more massive tax breaks) to drill "our" oil for us... and then we allow them to sell it ("our oil") back to us at an inflated price.

Ahem... I mean the price set by the free market. LOL.

John

There is no such thing as "original", everything is based on something.

semantics....ok.....your point? I am not just poo pooing your movie. I am stating I don't see the appeal Original? I guess your right....but take for instance when the Exorcist came out....sure there were other movies that had demons and possessed people in them but I think it is fair to say it was an original film. Same as Forrest Gump, I think that was an original film. Star Wars..... original? probably not but I would say when it came out it sort of redefined sci fi at that point therefore an original. We had Star Trek which as you see still has a devoted following but the 70's ST was shall we say.....very stiff. Then come along Star Wars and gave Sci fi fans a new reason for living. Hell maybe I don't know a dern thing.......Its all subjective anyway right?

the.dreamfinder

semantics....ok.....your point? I am not just poo pooing your movie. I am stating I don't see the appeal Original? I guess your right....but take for instance when the Exorcist came out....sure there were other movies that had demons and possessed people in them but I think it is fair to say it was an original film. Same as Forrest Gump, I think that was an original film. Star Wars..... original? probably not but I would say when it came out it sort of redefined sci fi at that point therefore an original. We had Star Trek which as you see still has a devoted following but the 70's ST was shall we say.....very stiff. Then come along Star Wars and gave Sci fi fans a new reason for living. Hell maybe I don't know a dern thing.......Its all subjective anyway right?

Yes it's all subjective, but some films' influences are more well known than others.

Star Wars is a space western btw. :)

HMF

Wait are you sure? I thought around 2007/8 when there was a big shakeup at WDI Baxter got Disneyland, Weiss got DCA, and Fitzgerald got all of WDW. When Star Tours 2 was in production ('08-'11) my understanding was that Baxter was still portfolio leader for Disneyland because even Al Lutz mentioned he was the one who spearheaded the refresh of Rivers of America, bringing back the Sleeping Beauty Walkthrough, etc. I thought it was fairly recently (like last year) that Baxter was kicked off and Fitzgerald took over.
Around 2009 it was changed to Jacobson getting WDW except for Animal Kingdom which stays with Rohde. Fitz got DLP and DLR while Tony was put in charge of minor Disneyland Park projects and reported to Fitz up until his "Retirement" that was the arrangement.

Yensid1974

Hope so, Jungle deserves it.
But...I also know how they operate...:rolleyes:

Indeed... From what I know we are going to be at least fixing up the animation, cleaning up the river, fixing some things in the attraction que and doing some work on the boats. Not sure about any NextGen elements as of yet, but if you have seen the boats in the last few months there is something new on the front of them by the console....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom