Fast Pass Trick?

CohibaMan

Original Poster
I haven't heard of this happening before, so I thought I would share. My family has annual passes to WDW and go at least twice a month. Being a typical man, I let the wife keep our passes, tables in wonderland card, etc. Today we were at Animal Kingdom and my wife went to grab two fast passes for EE. She reached in her pocket and pulled out our passes, which are the plastic RFID ones. The only thing is, she accidentally pulled out her FL drivers license and stuck it into the FP machine. Before she realized what happened, the machine spit out a FP!!! Then just out of curiosity she put her AP in and it spit out ANOTHER FP!

We didn't try it for any other rides because we had lunch reservations for Tusker House and the two year old was getting restless after lunch. Just wondering if anyone else has heard of this happening?

Marc Gil

Some machines will take any card and spit out a Fast Pass, but most only accept the ticket you entered with. There are just a handful of kiosks that do this, you just have to be lucky. I have another way to get them, but I actually got caught doing this years ago, and I'm not sure of it works now. Anyway: there is a button on the back of the Fast Pass kiosk that Cast Members use when the kiosks stop accepting tickets. Simply push the small button and a Fast Pass will be distributed. Now I highly doubt this works anymore but you can try. I wouldn't recommend doing it.

disneyfan1995

Some machines will take any card and spit out a Fast Pass, but most only accept the ticket you entered with. There are just a handful of kiosks that do this, you just have to be lucky. I have another way to get them, but I actually got caught doing this years ago, and I'm not sure of it works now. Anyway: there is a button on the back of the Fast Pass kiosk that Cast Members use when the kiosks stop accepting tickets. Simply push the small button and a Fast Pass will be distributed. Now I highly doubt this works anymore but you can try. I wouldn't recommend doing it.

You can do that as it still works, but you can get thrown out of the park if you get caught.

Marc Gil

Don't these require a key to be turned before the button works now?
Maybe now, but back then they didn't. My friends and I went last October and tried it out in one of the Dinosaur FastPass kiosks and it didn't work. The only time I remember it working is when I tried it on Star Tours about 10 years ago and Kilimanjaro Safaris also about 10 years ago.

TomorrowlandKD

Maybe now, but back then they didn't. My friends and I went last October and tried it out in one of the Dinosaur FastPass kiosks and it didn't work. The only time I remember it working is when I tried it on Star Tours about 10 years ago and Kilimanjaro Safaris also about 10 years ago.

One of the FP kiosks ALWAYS have the key turned, so the CM's can act fast if there is a FP problem and can get another one real fast.

My cousins and I got TONS when we were younger this way....Never got caught or "thrown out" (which seems a bit extreme). Don't plan on doing it anymore, but am definitely trying this 'any card' test!

:)

Goofyernmost

For us today at EE, a FL drivers license definitely produced a valid FP. I know because I used it myself! :)
And one more glitch shows up. This is going to be a long process isn't it. :D The last place I would want to work right now is in Disney IT. Must be a nightmare. :oops:

Marc Gil

One of the FP kiosks ALWAYS have the key turned, so the CM's can act fast if there is a FP problem and can get another one real fast.

My cousins and I got TONS when we were younger this way....Never got caught or "thrown out" (which seems a bit extreme). Don't plan on doing it anymore, but am definitely trying this 'any card' test!

I'm pretty sure that the any card trick wouldn't work. I'm one of those people who keep their old tickets in their wallet and I too accidentally inserted my old ticket into the machine and it gave me an invalid pass and a notice saying: "Use the same ticket that you came in the parks with."

Glasgow

Could be that when a kiosk is having issues (ie. the card reader isnt working) it defaults to producing a valid FP. Just a guess but seems logical

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.

"Always" is a gross overstatement. It depends on who is working and how lazy or busy they are.

G00fyDad

I wonder why the Toy Story Mania CMs don't use that button. I've seen them on several occasions pop open the machines and hit a button.

olinecoach61

i have another way to get them, but I actually got caught doing this years ago, and I'm not sure of it works now.
7d1.jpg
Well you can't leave everyone hanging...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom