2013 D23

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I speculate that there will be lots of speculation and no matter what they announce, it'll not be good enough, or "your" favorite idea will not have made the cut.

Honestly though, if they do even one large WDW project, it'll be more than I expect. DHS makeover of some sort. I'm not holding my breath though.

topher

I really want a Star Wars land with another attraction and maybe the Star Wars Cantina.
Soarin world or another E-ticket for HS would be great too.

I don't, however, expect any real announcements... Just a lot of jabber about how great DL and Carsland are now.
It's going to be awesome when I'm wrong! *Fingers crossed*

Magenta Panther

If there is no announcement at all on Avatar, I'll be happy. Who needs it?

I wouldn't be surprised if there's something involving Star Wars, since Iger had to go and buy it. :p

An expansion of Pixar Place would be cool. But "Up" as an attraction? The heck would that work? Would it be another "Soarin'" with a crankly old man narrating?

Here's what I'd LIKE to see announced at D23 (none of which will happen, of course, but I can dream):

The first plans for Beastly Kingdomme announced for AK.

The Yeti being fixed.

DHS expands with a Fantasia dark ride, or a Mickey Mouse dark ride, or a new and more awesome Toontown.

A Villains ride being added to New Fantasyland.

Peter Pan's Flight gets a major refurb.

And that concludes my list...for now.

TEAM Dasia

i speculate that this year there will be a few disappointed fans.and i think that this years will be a lot better than last and remember that this will see some artwork from Shanghai D,Whats next for TDR,DLRP new pixar attraction,WDW Parks expansions and AVATARland (World of Pandora),and some Disneyland Facelift and price hikes for US parks,Whats next for US parks,Next gen technology and some entertainment for some Disney stars,
But the D23 here in Japan will be slightly Different from US D23 the D23 here will have the same presentations for parks and resorts upcoming Disney films from the mouse Studios until this decade,Disney on Classics special show and TDR 30th anniversary show celebration,some of the stars from thw Wizards of Waverly place and the venue in here will be in the Maihama Amphitheater right where the past Cirque the Soleil ZED once played and its kinda a bit pricey in here because the tickets will be in lottery if you win congratulations if not Sorry,plus a TDR 4 days package + D23 package for 3 days that most expensive ticket will be in 2500$ plus tax.

bubbles1812

My expectations are low. Most I expect is some Avatar concept art and maybe a bit of detail regarding the land... But it is pretty clear the whole project is still going thru a ton of flux. Hard to announce a whole lot of detail when you haven't decided all that will be included in land.

If we get something regarding DHS, I won't be surprised but neither do I absolutely expect it will happen. Skeptical of them announcing much with Star Wars. I lean more towards Carsland just because of the buzz and that there has been not a whole lot from anyone regarding anything Star Wars related.

Tinkerbell 8

I have learned to expect nothing. The last additions we had were bathrooms and benches, the "new fantasyland" that was announced 4 years ago only added one attraction and one restaurant (don't get me wrong I think its beautiful but it was a letdown from the original concept) and in the process closed down a ride to add a meet and greet, which has also been scaled back. Avatar land was announced what, 2 years ago and nothing has been done about it since, so I doubt we'll be hearing anything about that, I'm thinking they hoped everyone just forgot they even mentioned it. I think all they will talk about are the magic bands and the new interactive games they added to Adventureland, AK and Epcot.

However, what I would like them to announce would be some TLC for Epcot with a new film for Soarin, and DHS including the Monsters Inc coaster, more details about the new parade at MK, and an added land for AK with an E ticket attraction (Avatar based or not, at this point as long as they do it right I'll be happy).

puntagordabob

I'm hoping for no Cars Land in DHS but some other expansion either more added to Pixar Place or Star Wars.

I'm hoping that Tomorrowland in DL will be getting a makeover and either get rid of the People mover Track or do something with it.

Soarin' Over the World sounds good to me.

They have to give some Avatar details!

Hey, the People Mover is a nice People eater.....a lot of people ride it.....it is kind of cool....and rather than mothball it (which is what happened at Disneyland after all) I say leave it be.....

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Hey, the People Mover is a nice People eater.....a lot of people ride it.....it is kind of cool....and rather than mothball it (which is what happened at Disneyland after all) I say leave it be.....
yup. in a land filled with problems (monsters, inc., stitch, random dance parties with current top 40 music), the people mover is not one.

You guys misunderstood my quote about Tomorrowland na the People mover was for Disneyland in CA where they have an unused track from the Peoplemover/Rocket Rods just sitting there.

puntagordabob

You guys misunderstood my quote about Tomorrowland na the People mover was for Disneyland in CA where they have an unused track from the Peoplemover/Rocket Rods just sitting there.

Yeah having seen that in person a couple years back (we are local to WDW so getting to Disneyland is far less often visited by us) I was thinking how sad all that track infrastructure looked there along with your CoP as an Innoventions (neat idea...but using the rotating CoP building made me think "Why was this considered a good idea?"

Other than that though the Disneyland Resort was pretty awesome.....even paddled the canoes....my wife was why would I want to do that? LOL, but I loved that!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom