2013 D23

gostone23

So, I've been thinking about this for awhile now... First the Merchandise has been homogenized across the properties. We used to love looking through each Hotel's shop and getting the Hotel-Localized-refillable-mugs. Each property had unique merchandise. It made visiting each property very unique and special. Now, it seems that there is very little in the way of localized merchandise at each property.

Now, the rides will be all homogenized and there will be no reason to travel to the other parks because they will be all the same. We can just go to one park ride the set of "Disney" rides and browse all the "Disney" merch ... who knows it's probably all online anyway.

I say ... Leave Cars Land in CA. and do something new and unique here at DHS. Also, they need to refocus on each park's(land's) identity and message. They are muddled at this point. Future World should be about the future, Adventureland should be adventrous, etc... etc...

You all get the picture already.

Rant off.

-Gostone

doctornick

For the Love of God can we please get a new country in World Showcase???

While I'd be happy to see that, I'd actually prefer to see a actual ride announced for the World Showcase (e.g. in Japan or Germany where they already have show buildings) than have another country added with just food/shopping.

If they announce a new country and it will have a ride, well, that's cool.

Matt7187

What I want:
-DHS expansion with Star Wars stuff and Pixar stuff and a proper toontown
-Beastly Kingdom
-tomorrow land redo (only thing staying is space mountain)
-complete redo of energy, imagination, soarin, etc.

What I expect:
-soarin over the world

I hope I'm surprised, will be there for the expo! :D

Soarin' Over Pgh

My expectations:

A bunch of men in suits going on and on about how great they are for something or other and blahblah.

Some artwork of something or other, which we may or may not have already known/seen/heard about

Clapping, lots of clapping.

Merchandise.

Other than that, yeah, I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get tossed a bone or two.

rct247

I am hoping for many of things posted in this thread, but realistically, here's what I think we'll get.

-Seven Dwarf Mine Coaster construction progress photos to hype up the opening
-Starbucks opens at MK and Epcot, now announced to come to Studios and DAK.
-Princess Fairytale Hall construction progress photos to hype up the opening.
-New concept art of the new parade for Magic Kingdom
-Announcement of DVC coming to Polynesian Resort
-More concept art and construction progress for Disney Springs
-Limited Time Magic announcements for the fall featuring new Fall Trolley Show, Villians at Studios, and something Halloween related.
-Concept art for the Spice Road Restaurant at Morocco
-More hype about Avatarland and Star Wars movies down the line
-Hype around "Frozen" coming out in November, with new meet and greet taking over the Fairytale Garden area
-New Soarin' film in works, but won't be in parks until 2018
-SoundStage1 will be turned into the Ultimate Pixar Character Meet & Greet with all your Pixar Pals
-Jedi Training Academy moved to Sounds Dangerous Theater as part of Star Wars Land expansion
-Backlot Express will be turned into Mos Eisley Cantina...concludes Star Wars land expansion.

That's it! :) And that is considered a lot for an announcement.

Oh and I almost forgot, public announcment of the availability of MagicBands and MyMagic+. That will be the majority of it.

JEANYLASER

What I want:
-DHS expansion with Star Wars stuff and Pixar stuff and a proper toontown
-Beastly Kingdom
-tomorrow land redo (only thing staying is space mountain)
-complete redo of energy, imagination, soarin, etc.

What I expect:
-soarin over the world

I hope I'm surprised, will be there for the expo! :D

I want complete redo of Energy and Imagination and Soarin', Etc.... also!:D

coolbeans14

What i really want to happen would be for them to announce fitzgerald's replacement as being Michael Eisner, just to see the audience freak and burn the place down. That would make me chuckle ;)

In all seriousness, I just want actual stuff that we don't have to wait until 2018 or later for

GiveMeTheMusic

What day/time will these announcements be taking place? Is there an opportunity to watch online?

I don't know which day of the Expo the P&R keynote will occur on, but it hasn't been webcast in the past. Us non-attendees will have to rely on WDWMagic, Twitter, YouTube, etc. to see what's up.

mguimond1990

You know what I would love to see that will never ever happen?! I was watching the new OZ movie today and it dawned on me. Why not create an Oz themed land in DHS? Think about it, you could have the emerald castle, the yellow brick road, some dark ride with the flying monkies, a ride inside the castle like the one at hogwarts at universal..SO much potential. Id prefer that over Cars land.

Sue_Vongello

What i really want to happen would be for them to announce fitzgerald's replacement as being Michael Eisner, just to see the audience freak and burn the place down. That would make me chuckle ;)

In all seriousness, I just want actual stuff that we don't have to wait until 2018 or later for

I'm not sure we wouldn't want him back, are we? In WDW terms he did more for the parks than the current regime.

matt9112

well i really want to keep my expectations realistic and in line with recent announcements from Disney world like benches as well as bathrooms and "TARPS" however i truly believe "with conviction" Disney will announce the construction of the Death Star with the sole intention of vaporizing other planets....and other stuff that the deathstar could be good at...like hosting sports events and indoor roller coasters to name a few.

Taylor

well i really want to keep my expectations realistic and in line with recent announcements from Disney world like benches as well as bathrooms and "TARPS" however i truly believe "with conviction" Disney will announce the construction of the Death Star with the sole intention of vaporizing other planets....and other stuff that the deathstar could be good at...like hosting sports events and indoor roller coasters to name a few.
They are going to build the Death Star to vaporize UNI. Talk about a Potter swatter

TP2000

I'm semi-retired now and spend way too much time on the Interweb, so I think I'm qualified to offer a summary of the things that might get announced in the Anaheim Arena keynote address at D23 Expo. In no particular order, but broken out by property:

Things To Talk About At Disneyland Resort
-Tomorrowland Makeover, with "speeder bike" ride on PeopleMover track @ Disneyland
-Monstropolis mini-land with Door Coaster E Ticket @ Disney California Adventure
-The Big 5 Fantasyland Dark Rides redone with new technology/showmanship @ Disneyland
-Soarin' Over The World @ DCA
-New parades @ DCA and/or Disneyland

Things To Talk About At Walt Disney World Resort
-DHS Makeover, with Star Wars Land and/or Cars Land
-Avatarland, offering the first artwork or models beyond the picture of guys staring at green Styrofoam
-Soarin' Over The World @ Epcot
-DVC Expansion. Yay! :rolleyes:
-MyMagic+, this project went under repairs and appears to be on hold so a re-launch might be needed at D23
-Disney Springs headliner tenant announcements, more mall artwork displayed
-Magic Kingdom's new parade, more artwork and info on display

Shanghai Disneyland
-Any artwork or models, to provide some basic background on an otherwise very vague concept

Tokyo or Paris or Hong Kong
-They tend to ignore these parks at D23, but lots happening overseas; Rat coaster, Tokyo Cars Land, etc.

Whatever they do end up announcing, lets hope they offer up real artwork and models and solid information about it. What they need to avoid is vague images like this that actually damage the brand and put a damper on excitement for these projects.
Memo To Burbank Suits: Don't show any more guys staring at green Styrofoam, its pointless and kinda creepy.

WDWDad13

Am I the only one that is not a huge Star Wars fan? while I think Disney needs to build a Star Wars land, they also need more...way more

They need to do like they did several years ago where each park gets something new but in a bigger way with lands

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom