Jungle Cruise closing for lengthy refurbishment late this summer

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
In the middle of the summer? That seems a bit odd.

Any idea what they're doing to it?

Late August these days things slow down a lot, because so many schools around the country go back before Labor Day. There are often big discounts/free dining promotions, etc. that start the second half of August. And September after Labor Day is one of my favorite times to go, because crowds are typically low.

Buried20KLeague

I don't really agree. The attraction is looking good to begin with, and people still respond positively overall.

That's not what you said less than a year ago...

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/water-pipe-break-behind-splash.848858/page-2#post-5120110

;)

Actually, I wasn't trying to find something about you, I just stumbled upon that comment by you and found it funny.

I was trying to locate conversations that have occurred within the past couple years that have talked about the JC and what's wrong and updates that needed to be done, etc... But after a few minutes of searching I got bored. :confused:

GLaDOS

That's not what you said less than a year ago...

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/water-pipe-break-behind-splash.848858/page-2#post-5120110

;)
Actually, I wasn't trying to find something about you, I just stumbled upon that comment by you and found it funny.

I was trying to locate conversations that have occurred within the past couple years that have talked about the JC and what's wrong and updates that needed to be done, etc... But after a few minutes of searching I got bored. :confused:

Things change. The canal needs work, no doubt. But the show is fine overall.

Buried20KLeague

I hope this includes work on the boats. I always seem to get in one that has a faulty speaker that keeps cutting out during the cruise.

NEW SPEAKERS ON THE BOATS PLEASE!!!! Would be nice to understand the skippers if you are in the back of the boat.

The frustrating part is there's absolutely no reason for a ride closure to fix boats. They should be in a constant state of refurb while the ride is in service.

The speaker situation on the boats is almost funny, it's so bad.

GLaDOS

The frustrating part is there's absolutely no reason for a ride closure to fix boats. They should be in a constant state of refurb while the ride is in service.

The speaker situation on the boats is almost funny, it's so bad.

The speaker situation is mostly because the speaker's volume level is just set too low in my experience, not that they need to be replaced. Unfortunately CMs aren't allowed to adjust the speaker level, and most managers don't care enough to tell maintenance to adjust it.

And cutting out usually has to do with the microphone, not the speakers

wendysue

Keeping things spiffy means rehabs! It's still a great ride when the skippers do their jobs well, but a little sprucing up won't hurt!!

Sorry for all the people who will miss it while they visit, though.

That's it exactly.....last two times on this ride, the skippers were very bland and one of the cm's in the queue was downright rude. Haven't gone back.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Now we just need Peter Pan down. But I'm guessing that will have to wait until Snow White opens.

Agreed- that ride looked AWFUL when I managed to get in a 5 minute wait line (woohoo, fireworks! thanks!)- everything looked dusty and well, generally unkept. The lighting wasn't so great either- you could see the staircases on the sides in case the ride shut down which then made me look out for all of them.... It needs a little lovin'.

Buried20KLeague

The speaker situation is mostly because the speaker's volume level is just set too low in my experience, not that they need to be replaced. Unfortunately CMs aren't allowed to adjust the speaker level, and most managers don't care enough to tell maintenance to adjust it.

And cutting out usually has to do with the microphone, not the speakers

The speakers they have are very high and tinny. There's not a "round" sound to them at all... To me, that's something that should be fixed, and would make them much easier to understand. There's a volume issue too, I agree. It's no fun to strain to hear them. But a clearer, higher quality speaker (or better amp, or whatever the case) would keep my 4 year old from constantly asking "what did he say"?

The cutting out thing has happened quite a few times to me too... Twice on my last trip to the point that the skipper just put the mic down and basically tried shouting the entire ride. Lucky us... We were sitting at the back near the engine.

GLaDOS

The speakers they have are very high and tinny. There's not a "round" sound to them at all... To me, that's something that should be fixed, and would make them much easier to understand. There's a volume issue too, I agree. It's no fun to strain to hear them. But a clearer, higher quality speaker (or better amp, or whatever the case) would keep my 4 year old from constantly asking "what did he say"?

The speakers could probably be better, but if they were kept at a proper volume it would help a lot.

The cutting out thing has happened quite a few times to me too... Twice on my last trip to the point that the skipper just put the mic down and basically tried shouting the entire ride. Lucky us... We were sitting at the back near the engine.

It's definitely not fun to have a mic die on you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom